View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:54 pm 
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Nice twitter thread on Singletary here:

https://twitter.com/DanDeYoung80/status ... 6788136960

Saw that, it was a good read. However, I'm not that high on Singletary in Nagy's offense. I think the Bears need a back that can take it to the house on occasion. Singletary has excellent vision but he's not that explosive. If the Bears end up going with him, fine, but I just can't see backs like him, Montgomery, Snell, etc. fitting into what Nagy wants to do at the RB position. I know they've met with him a couple of times.

I don't know if we need someone who can take it to the house (although that would be ideal), I think we need someone who can find the hole, hit it, and consistently get positive yards. Once we're able to establish the run it will open up so much more for Mitch in the passing game. Ideally this back would have great vision and be versatile enough where you don't know if the back is going to line up in the backfield or in the slot to run routes.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:34 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Singletary is a pretty good case study on the value of measurement thresholds when looking at suboptimal competition.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am 
Hall of Famer

This dude... I like him in the 4th or 5th round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCNqEJR4PE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm 
Mod

Man... I know I'm a homer, but I'm leaning more and more towards Dexter Williams. Especially of Sanders is goes in the top 60 picks (as most expect).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:57 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Ryquell doesn't really excite me all that much. He'd be an okay option, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:24 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Biggest problems with Ryquell are his lack of make-'em-miss and his passing game exposure. He's not especially exciting, I agree, but he's tough, durable, and productive. Bears could do a lot worse.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:34 pm 
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:
Ryquell doesn't really excite me all that much. He'd be an okay option, I suppose.

He runs so fucking hard and when he sees a hole he hits it. I like that and I like his ability to take it to the house. He's a bit reckless and he lacks patience, but the way he punishes tacklers and pushes the pile makes me giddy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 pm 
Pro Bowler

This seems so stupid to me. That we had a three headed monster at RB for atleast next year. Now all of a sudden we are looking to draft a RB becuase it is a position of need in a draft that RB is one of the weakest positions in this draft.

This makes no damn sense to me. Screw the RB unless we gamble on greatness in Love, Other then that screw drafting a RB. None of them really stand out except Love.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:24 am 
Mod

EricTighe wrote:
This seems so stupid to me. That we had a three headed monster at RB for atleast next year. Now all of a sudden we are looking to draft a RB becuase it is a position of need in a draft that RB is one of the weakest positions in this draft.

This makes no damn sense to me. Screw the RB unless we gamble on greatness in Love, Other then that screw drafting a RB. None of them really stand out except Love.

You can't just not draft a position, even if it's for depth, because you are mad about the Jordan Howard thing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 am 
Hall of Famer

wab you're going to have to sell me on Dexter Williams man. I see the same thing that I see in Mike Weber... just a guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next