16: KC (SNF)
17: @ MIN (12:00)
UOK
Site Admin

5 primetime evening games
3 afternoon games
1 overseas morning kickoff
1 holiday game

The cost of success? Rarely enjoying a midday Sunday football game with your favorite team.
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

I think the london game is a noon kick our time
UOK
Site Admin

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:1: GB (TNF)
2: @ DEN (3:25)
3: @ WSH (MNF)
4: Vikings (3:25)
5: @ OAK (London)
-BYE-
7: NO (3:25)
8: LAC (12:00)
9: @ PHI (12:00)
10: DET (12:00)
11: @ LAR (SNF)
12: NYG (12:00)
13: @ DET (T-DAY)
14: DAL (TNF)
15: @ GB (12:00)
I'm guessing 12-4 with losses to the Saints, Eagles, Rams, and Chiefs. Add in a win out of the those four where I'm wrong and then a loss out of what looks like a win and it offsets itself.

We could easily start the year 5-0 and be more than halfway to clinching the division.
Ormazd
MVP

That's a pretty brutal schedule.
Umbali
MVP

yah it is a bit brutal. Welcome to first place schedule. Bear Down
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I like the chiefs late season in Chicago. Cold temps favor a tough defense
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:I like the chiefs late season in Chicago. Cold temps favor a tough defense
I hope you're right. I want that win for Nagy.
GSH
MVP

kind of an early bye but probably needed after the overseas excursion.

12-4 again.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

The Marshall Plan wrote:
UOK wrote:1: GB (TNF)
2: @ DEN (3:25)
3: @ WSH (MNF)
4: Vikings (3:25)
5: @ OAK (London)
-BYE-
7: NO (3:25)
8: LAC (12:00)
9: @ PHI (12:00)
10: DET (12:00)
11: @ LAR (SNF)
12: NYG (12:00)
13: @ DET (T-DAY)
14: DAL (TNF)
15: @ GB (12:00)
I'm guessing 12-4 with losses to the Saints, Eagles, Rams, and Chiefs. Add in a win out of the those four where I'm wrong and then a loss out of what looks like a win and it offsets itself.

We could easily start the year 5-0 and be more than halfway to clinching the division.
My first glance was 12-4 too, but not sure if it was same as I realized I was over my normal 9 to 10,optimism.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
GSH
MVP

glad we see fangio's donkeys week 2 and not later in the year.

Let us pray to the injury gods that they be as merciful and meek as last year.
wab
Mod

I didn't expect much last season. I was hoping for 8-9 wins and to be in the hunt for the wildcard. This season is different, but it's still really hard to win in the NFL. Anything less than 10 wins would be considered a tough season IMO.

I can see 10-6 but I can see 13-3 too.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:I didn't expect much last season. I was hoping for 8-9 wins and to be in the hunt for the wildcard. This season is different, but it's still really hard to win in the NFL. Anything less than 10 wins would be considered a tough season IMO.

This. If Trubisky takes the next step that I'm hoping he will take in year 2 of Nagy's offense - I do think we'll remain contenders and be a tough team to beat. With the DC change, the defense might take a step back - you never know - so the offense needs to carry the load a bit more this year and be more of a contributor.
Never Die Easy
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Seems like most of the brutal games are in Chicago. My first glance had me thinking 16-0.... seriously. But after some reflection, I'm leaning towards 14-2.
LacertineForest
MVP

I'll say 11-5. Tough schedule (at least in stretches), but I think we'll be the class of the division again.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

AZ_Bearfan wrote:Seems like most of the brutal games are in Chicago. My first glance had me thinking 16-0.... seriously. But after some reflection, I'm leaning towards 14-2.
We have the defense to be in every game...Now we just need a more consistent offense and a reliable kicker. To go 16-0 you have to get a few lucky bounces and have a coach willing to not be a pussy in week 17.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:I didn't expect much last season. I was hoping for 8-9 wins and to be in the hunt for the wildcard. This season is different, but it's still really hard to win in the NFL. Anything less than 10 wins would be considered a tough season IMO.

Well said. I can see it more as a range this year than a hard prediction.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I got tickets for the end of Sept Vikes @ Bears! First time my son and I will watch one in Soldier Field! I'm pumped!

The seats don't seem great (especially considering how much they are) but still going to be great to see it all there live for once.

Any suggestions on hotels or anything else are appreciated.

So, I'm hoping for 12 wins but of course I'd take just making the playoffs! But we have to win against the Vikes at home! LOL
G08
Hall of Famer

Bad Flanders wrote:I got tickets for the end of Sept Vikes @ Bears! First time my son and I will watch one in Soldier Field! I'm pumped!

The seats don't seem great (especially considering how much they are) but still going to be great to see it all there live for once.

Any suggestions on hotels or anything else are appreciated.

So, I'm hoping for 12 wins but of course I'd take just making the playoffs! But we have to win against the Vikes at home! LOL
There really aren't any bad seats in Soldier Field so you're good!

Will you be driving? I would suggest looking at https://www.airbnb.com/ because you might find some savings compared to hotels in the area.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Buffaloaf
Rookie

I'll be at the Bears/Lions game on November 10th!
dplank
Hall of Famer

10-6, no way we sweep through the NFCN and we also have Rams, Eagles, Saints, etc...brutal schedule.

I think we get in as a WC, and rip through the playoffs and win the SB. We'll be battle tested if we get there.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:5 primetime evening games
3 afternoon games
1 overseas morning kickoff
1 holiday game

The cost of success? Rarely enjoying a midday Sunday football game with your favorite team.
Living in an area of Iowa where it's not guaranteed the Bears will be broadcasted here if they kickoff the same time as the Packers/Vikings, I welcome afternoon/primetimes as much as a noon kickoff is preferred.

Sunday Ticket now costs two arms and a leg, so I would much rather have primetime games than having to take out a second mortgage to be able to see the Bears games.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
docc
Head Coach

I cancelled NFL Pkg several years ago..as Bears were in the Fox disaster.. I saw every game via "Nigerian Links"..and will be so this year.
GTV and NFL are seemingly headed for a divorce. NFL wants more out of area streaming..and ESPN looks like a fit..also Verizion gives streams as part of cell package..

I still miss the Big Dish days were I could catch uploads..with Ditka swearing about everything including the Hot Dogs.. Madden was also quite entertaining..
wab
Mod

As soon as NFL Sunday Ticket moves to a streaming service, DirecTV won't see another nickle of my money.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

How popular is NFL Game Pass over there?
It's my lifeline over here in the UK and other than some reliability issues a great product IMO.

With regards to the Bears schedule this year... I'm pretty conflicted....
Chuffed that we're getting the attention and in prime time a lot this year... but also gutted that we're in prime time this year because that means some horrendously late nights and subsequently horrible mornings at work the following day!
Leeds Bear
Rookie

skamanfrank wrote:How popular is NFL Game Pass over there?
It's my lifeline over here in the UK and other than some reliability issues a great product IMO.

With regards to the Bears schedule this year... I'm pretty conflicted....
Chuffed that we're getting the attention and in prime time a lot this year... but also gutted that we're in prime time this year because that means some horrendously late nights and subsequently horrible mornings at work the following day!
Agreed regarding Gamepass in the UK - it’s possibly the best valued sports package available, especially with all the added content (NFL gameday morning, NFL Network, A Football life etc) For less than £200 for the season I don’t even bother considering dodgy streams.

Managed to get across to Bears v Pittsburgh in 2017, went to Miami last year and have booked Rams away this year, so fortunately have had some live Bears action the last couple of years; Oakland at London is ironically going to be the hardest one to get tickets for!
BR0D1E86
MVP

My own stream of consciousness, but I think I’m going to pass on Sunday ticket this year. The Bears are in prime time a lot, very frequently do not overlap in time slot with the Broncos (I live in Colorado), and they’re a good team so a lot of their noon games should get wide coverage. I’m probably only looking at a couple weeks of figuring out how to catch the games this season.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Compared and contrasted the scheduled start times of Bears/Chiefs/Packers/Vikings as if they kickoff at the same time when not playing each other, it's a guessing game which game will get broadcasted locally. And now that AFC games aren't exclusively broadcasted on CBS and NFC games on FOX, I now have to deal with the Chiefs possibly being broadcasted over the Bears if they're scheduled for the same time and network. Thanks to all of the prime time/late afternoon/Thursday games the Bears are scheduled for, I'll get 12 of the Bears game without conflict. Not worth getting Sunday Ticket when that many games are a given.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

Living in Dallas I either get the Cowboys or Texans. Occasionally the Cards and Chiefs.