Prospects You Don't Understand the Love For

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Name 1-3 guys who you don't value anywhere near as much as everyone else.

HB Devin Singletary
Tiny, slow, baby hands and unimpressive level of competition. Wow - where do I sign up?

(To be honest, I really don't understand most of the HB names that people throw out as favorites here, but Singletary is the most egregious.)
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I'm very much with you on Singletary.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

I assume you are talking about prospects who are connected to the Bears.

I don't know that I have anyone specific. Maybe Jalen Jelks? His body type looks like he'd be athletic and fast, but he's not. He doesn't move very well for a lean guy.

Amani Hooker is another one. He's got some solid play recognition skills but his speed and athleticism are severely lacking for the position. He'd maybe be better suited adding 10lbs and moving to a 4-3 weakside LB.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I can see your reticence on Jelks. He's kind of a Lamarr Houston as a Bear type, without any of the tools to play inside that Houston had.

I don't see your doubts with Hooker at all myself, though I acknowledge he doesn't always seem to play as fast as he ran in Indy. I see a really good safety there. YMMV (and clearly does).
KFFL refugee.

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Here's one for me: Marvell Tell III.

Looks like a corner but has safety speed, drag tackler, seems to get turned around a lot. I am not a fan.
KFFL refugee.

wab
Mod

thunderspirit wrote:I can see your reticence on Jelks. He's kind of a Lamarr Houston as a Bear type, without any of the tools to play inside that Houston had.

I don't see your doubts with Hooker at all myself, though I acknowledge he doesn't always seem to play as fast as he ran in Indy. I see a really good safety there. YMMV (and clearly does).
I wouldn't say it's doubts with Hooker... I just think his success is going to be directly tied to the right scheme. He's more of a "money backer" than a true safety IMO. Sort of a poor mans (and smaller) Deone Bucannon. I just don't know how that fits in the Bears scheme.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

For me it's two position groups I don't get.
RB: we have a great group for a committee and I just don't see the need (nor the talent in this draft), to take a RB before round 7
TE: I'd like to see what Braunecker and Shaheen can do with more touches before I waste a valuable pick on another TE.

I think O line and secondary depth are the greatest need. But if anyone who can rush the passer or can be a force at DE in our 3 man front falls to 87, I'd grab him in an instant. Also if the right WR falls to us, I wouldn't mind adding weapons.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!