Draft Surprises First Round

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Giants surprised me a little but it always seems with Qb's when someone starts getting talked about a lot the last few days to a certain team it happens.

Oakland I feel like they could have traded down and gotten him.
G08
Hall of Famer

I don't know WTF Oakland was thinking. Josh Allen is going to be a stud.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
docc
Head Coach

Packers fans going nuts..
Gary..unproductive..torn labrum..questions about effort.. #12 ?

Green Bay Packers: Rashan Gary, LB Green Bay

Good for him, bad for Green Bay. A high-maintenance guy who isn’t a pass rusher. Doesn’t strike fear in opponents. This has bust written all over it. GRADE: C
Last edited by docc on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docc
Head Coach

Green Bay Packers (via trade with Seahawks):

They had to trade up to 21 to get Savage, who was 89th on our board? A nice player, but this is a questionable move by the Packers, who gave up a couple of fourth-round picks to move up eight slots. GRADE: C-
Sugashane
Player of the Month

What the hell happened to Taylor to cause the slide? He is a fine OT prospect and could be a dominant OG. I expected him to go top 15, and was dreading GB getting him if he did slide.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I don't really understand what GB is thinking. I get they are fixing the defense. Doesn't Rodgers need some help too? I am not sold on the Gary, and though I like Savage I think they missed some opportunities.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Green Bay Packers (via trade with Seahawks):

They had to trade up to 21 to get Savage, who was 89th on our board? A nice player, but this is a questionable move by the Packers, who gave up a couple of fourth-round picks to move up eight slots. GRADE: C-
The Packer fan son and I started a tradition a couple of years ago that we go to a bar to watch some of the first round of the draft over dinner and a beer or two. He got into my car with one name on his mind...Hockenson. I kept telling him he's going to be on the board and they'd pick somebody else. "Shut up!" :) When Hockenson is off the board to Detroit at 8, the F-bombs flew. :D

At that point, he wanted that big RT as Bulaga is in his contract year and gets injured all the time. And GB takes Gary. His reaction is kinda like the confusion many of us had when we traded up and took Trubisky. "Uhhh... OK? We mighta coulda got him later?" Then he goes to his phone, reads a draft profile and then settles in with "well, he is a good player that we can use... In Gut we trust!"

At that point, we left and dropped him off at his place. I'm barely paying attention to the draft when some time later, I get a flurry of texts from him. He's pissed that they traded up for a S they could've gotten had they stayed put and kept their 2 R4s. So much for trust, I guess. :D

Good day! :-P :evilgrin:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Packers fans going nuts..
Gary..unproductive..torn labrum..questions about effort.. #12 ?

Green Bay Packers: Rashan Gary, LB Green Bay

Good for him, bad for Green Bay. A high-maintenance guy who isn’t a pass rusher. Doesn’t strike fear in opponents. This has bust written all over it. GRADE: C

with any luck, Gary will become their defensive version of Tony Mandarich :D
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Sugashane wrote:What the hell happened to Taylor to cause the slide? He is a fine OT prospect and could be a dominant OG. I expected him to go top 15, and was dreading GB getting him if he did slide.
Reports are he has a medical issue with his knee that has scared some teams off in the 1st round.
Never Die Easy