NFL bans 3 drills from practices, citing concussion risks

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... sion-risk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NFL has barred teams from using certain dangerous drills (Oklahoma drill, king of the circle, bull in the ring) during training camp. League will monitor and enforce that ban much in the same way that it deals with any violations of the offseason practice rules.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

So basically, the league is saying that you can't run a drill that simulates live game play for the O and D line.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

The Oklahoma drill sucks. I broke a kid's back doing it in high school and will never forget the scream he let out (he healed fine). We stopped doing it after that, and that was in like 1995.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:The Oklahoma drill sucks. I broke a kid's back doing it in high school and will never forget the scream he let out (he healed fine). We stopped doing it after that, and that was in like 1995.
Similar experience. Dislocated a kids shoulder. In 1995 as well and it was discontinued.

Season prior we ended the “meat grinder”. Ball carrier lines up 5 yds back and comes at two tacklers at once. Many stupid injuries on that one.