Head Coach

I love this pick.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Guy is huge for a DB, converted WR with only 2 seasons at CB. PS project with high ceiling.

2018: 55 tackles, 3 INTs, 9 PBUs
Career: 107 tackles, 7 INTs, 17 PBUs
Converted WR, has been a CB for only 2 years
4.46 40 yard dash, 43” vertical at pro day
Track and field star at Valdosta State and in High School
wab
Mod

He’s definitely big...
BR0D1E86
MVP

Sounds like an upside pick. Big and athletic, only been a DB for a couple years. Worth a shot in the 7th.
wab
Mod

He’s more or less bigger, faster, and stronger than Roquan Smith. He also has no idea to play DB at this moment.
G08
Hall of Famer

I saw this dude jam a WR at the LOS and then proceed to drive him into his team's sideline and over their bench, onto the WR's ass. It was fucking awesome.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

6'3" safety with ball skills if he doesn't work at corner?
G08
Hall of Famer

I think him becoming an effective corner is going to take a lot of time... my hope for now is that he makes the team as a 4-phase special teams dude.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

He would make a nasty strong safety.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

southdakbearfan wrote:6'3" safety with ball skills if he doesn't work at corner?
My thinking exactly - in fact I bet he starts right out a safety. Did Pace call him a corner at his press conference?
wab
Mod

Some folks are talking about this dude as a potential LB someday. I think everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves with this kid. He's a freak athlete for sure, but he doesn't really have a position and we don't know if he can even play football.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:Some folks are talking about this dude as a potential LB someday. I think everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves with this kid. He's a freak athlete for sure, but he doesn't really have a position and we don't know if he can even play football.
It's the last speck of April and we'll resume being football-starved until late July. People are simply scratching their arms, dying for a fix.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

wab wrote:Some folks are talking about this dude as a potential LB someday. I think everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves with this kid. He's a freak athlete for sure, but he doesn't really have a position and we don't know if he can even play football.
oh yeah - I doubt he makes the team this year. Purely a practice squad pick. Reminds me of the big German WR the Vikings took last year.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

If I read his college stats right, he intercepted 4 passes, defended 12, and got 1 sack, 55 tackles and 37 of them solo in his first year playing this position. In that perspective he looks like his first year playing CB was damn fine. He is not ready to be a starter, but with his athleticism, I'm intrigued to say the least about him as a developmental player...which is good because we need a little of that as we have our starters.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

One way I'm looking at the guy is that he's going to be learning no matter where they put him in the NFL. He just looked like a safety to me the way he'd be in coverage with eyes in the backfield, quickly breaking away from his guy to make a stop 5 yards up the field. But what do I know? He's a project from the word go.

He seems destined for the practice squad.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

I think it would be awesome if Denmark can be a long term solution at SS next to Eddie. I'm not getting my hopes up, but early reports are that he has potentially generational talent...he's just raw as sashimi.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I think it would be awesome if Denmark can be a long term solution at SS next to Eddie. I'm not getting my hopes up, but early reports are that he has potentially generational talent...he's just raw as sashimi.
Situations like this are going to be where Pagano earns his paycheck. That and making sure the scheme is effective. What is Pagano realistically going to teach Mack and Hicks and get that incremental gain out of the defense because of it? Not very much. However if he can take a guy like Denmark (Iggy too.) and even turn him into a reliable #3 safety and a bigger and better version of Deon Bush, then we've got something because its that depth that is going to give us cap relief to keep as much of the core together as possible. Heck, as a seventh round draft choice, if he's a solid special teamer for his career I'd consider that a win.