Bears Training Camp Schedule Announced

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Practices 7/27-8/11. All Olivet practices start at 8:15am.

When are you going?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Nothing official yet, but I'm looking at being there 8/1 and 8/2. :)

Anybody else going?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I haven't been since they left Platteville. That was such a nice drive up there. I really liked that area. There was no traffic, rural highway driving, scenic. Just can't make myself drive to Olivet. Plus, when it was in Platteville, there was not a ton of peeps that went there.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

It's official. Weather permitting, I'll be there 8/1 and 8/2. C'mon peeps. Let's do this. :-)

UOK
Site Admin

Ack, I'm undecided. I live about 80 minutes south of Bourbonnais, so it wouldn't be too bad of a jaunt. Maybe I'll see if my brother wants to go.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

If you're there when I'm there, let's exchange a handshake. :)

Xee
Site Admin

UOK wrote:Ack, I'm undecided. I live about 80 minutes south of Bourbonnais, so it wouldn't be too bad of a jaunt. Maybe I'll see if my brother wants to go.
I'm about the same distance north and actually will be taking some time off during camp so I might take the wife and kid up there once if they're game. I checked the website though and it seems there are a lot more restrictions than when I went 10+ years ago. Also, does anyone know how many practices there are during the day? When I went you were able to see the special team practices but I think they closed those down.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Only one practice a day now. Most start at 8:30am, but you can check the schedule link above on that.

G08
Hall of Famer

I remember the line the first day of camp a few years back... yuck. That's giving me a little bit of pause.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I remember the line the first day of camp a few years back... yuck. That's giving me a little bit of pause.
Chalk that up to learning experience. NEVER go on the first day. Wait until they've put all the planning (with inevitably new coaches and players) into motion for at least a day. There's a reason I'm waiting until 8/1. Image

G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
G08 wrote:I remember the line the first day of camp a few years back... yuck. That's giving me a little bit of pause.
Chalk that up to learning experience. NEVER go on the first day. Wait until they've put all the planning (with inevitably new coaches and players) into motion for at least a day. There's a reason I'm waiting until 8/1. Image
OR... make friends with people in the front and walk in with them :lol:

But yeah... that thing extended beyond AND AROUND the freaking parking lot!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

docc
Head Coach

I was gonna fly up from Tucson but Chicago seems to be getting even hotter and more humid so I guess I'll bask in the 100* and 5% humidity (real feel 95* and normal here) and count on you guys to let me knows the happs..

Stay hydrated stay cool bros..
UOK
Site Admin

My brother and I will be at Training Camp this Sunday. If you want to say hello, I'll be the one wearing Bears stuff.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:My brother and I will be at Training Camp this Sunday. If you want to say hello, I'll be the one wearing Bears stuff.
Ha ha.

On a side note, I was up in the Wisconsin Dells area on Sunday and Monday. I wore 2 T-shirts there when I wasn't in a pool.

#1... "There's no crying in football... Except in Green Bay".
#2... "My favorite team is the Chicago Bears... <Bears logo>... And whoever is playing Green Bay".

Only one Packer fan commented and it was a friendly conversation. However, my brother-in-law told me that at the hotel breakfast, he saw several people eyeing me up and down. :evilgrin:

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Did the Dells thing quite a few years, went to the Wilderness. I was always sporting my Bears swim trunks , Bears hats and T shirts. Didn't really hear from many Pack fans. Maybe Pack fans vacation away from their state, who knows.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Whoever goes, report back on where Denmark is lining up
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

My wife and I made the trip to Bourbonnais, Illinois this weekend for the last Chicago Bears training camp practice open to the public. The place was absolutely packed with fans.

As my wife and I watched practice, a woman I didn't know approached and tapped me on the shoulder. After I turned to her, she said she wanted to thank me.

For what I asked.

"For supporting my baby," she responded.

I was wearing a Bears #32 David Montgomery jersey at the practice. It was David's mother who approached me once she saw the jersey I was wearing.

We talked about how I'm an Iowa State graduate and absolutely loved watching David the last couple years in Ames, and now couldn't wait to watch him play for my favorite NFL team.

I'm still in shock that David's mother would take the time to talk with and thank someone she didn't know all because that person was wearing David's jersey. It was an absolute delight to talk with her.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

That's so cool, Ring4. :-) I met Miller's family last year at TC as they all had 17 jerseys on. I think I have a pic of that somewhere in the archives. Maybe I'll see if I can find and post that.......

thunderspirit
Head Coach

:D That's a cool story, Ring4.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
SgtPerry
Journeyman

That's a cool story. Montgomery#32 was really impressive in the first preseason game. Bear down!
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020