Kahlil Mack... #3 of NFL top 100

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

:headbang:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

It's still so weird to me that he was even available.
wab
Mod

I'm thoroughly embarrassed that I thought it was a bad idea to acquire him. Not because of him as a player, because I thought it would take waaaaay more draft capital than it did and that it would monetarily cripple the team. Hell, it still might, but for now it's worth it.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:17 am I'm thoroughly embarrassed that I thought it was a bad idea to acquire him. Not because of him as a player, because I thought it would take waaaaay more draft capital than it did and that it would monetarily cripple the team. Hell, it still might, but for now it's worth it.
I’m in the same boat. I’ll never forget that breakfast with my family the morning I found out we traded for Mack. Spent five minutes pissing and moaning hoping that the trade doesn’t happen. Finish breakfast. Go online. Lookee here! Oh well. I’m glad to be wrong.
IotaNet
MVP

UOK wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am It's still so weird to me that he was even available.
... and even weirder that the deal happened at all.

If you want to read some borderline-surreal stuff, go back and read BFO starting at about 3 am on September 1st of last year. We were all like ... is this REALLY happening???

Watching that story unfold here and across the Interwebs made for a fun ... but INSANE kind of day.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
tjs
Journeyman

It's kinda a "do you remember where you were" type moment? I was at my college buddy's wedding (huge jets fan) and he cared way too much about an NFL trade for it being his wedding day.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Well in fairness the Cutler trade definitely soured big trades, and at the time it was thought 3 firsts plus. Once the trade detailes where broke most where a lot happier.