radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (0-1)
Bears/Broncos matchup history
DENVER BRONCOS (0-0)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

I think Bears have a stronger showing, but still aren't impressing anyone. Joe Flacco has a shitty day against the Bears defense, and that's what turns the tide.

Bears 16
Broncos 10
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Plenty of time to digest this. I see Fangio playing with Trubs head. Fangio knows Trubs, knows what makes him uneasy. I believe the Bronco D is as good if not better than the Packs D. I see another struggle. Will post score closer to next Sunday.

I see Bears D being successful, but of course, there will be that brain fart in the secondary that sets up a score.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 24
Donkeys 13
wab
Mod

I'm not doomin' and gloomin' so I'll say the Bears win by 2 TD's. 24-10
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

HC Matt Nagy stresses all week how the Bears new innovative offense will be turned up against the Broncos

with the score 0-0 midway through the 3rd quarter, Bears fans will be treated to what this actually means

on second and 3 at midfield, Trubisky takes the shotgun snap and pitches to WR Anthony Robinson who then pitches to Tarik Cohen coming the other direction ... Cohen then fires a perfect pass to a wide open Mitch Trubisky who runs unmolested towards the endzone ... the WRONG endzone ... this caps all the scoring to be seen this day

Broncos 2
Bears 0
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm beginning to worry that the key to beating Trubisky is disguising your coverages and blitzes. There were a handful of times last night where Trubisky adjusted the protection only to have the linebacker drop back into coverage with pressure coming from the opposite side. He's going to need help there (Whitehair?) to say the least.

Fangio's strength is showing a static look presnap and then adjusting post snap. Very difficult to discern and I'm terrified it's going to lead to Trubisky shitting the bed, again. Maybe we can run the shit out of the ball and pray the defense scores for us? I dunno. I'll post my score thoughts later on but if you put a gun to my head right now I'm thinking loss.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Denver defense is formidable to be sure, but it revolves around their two OLB's. If Nagy can pull his head out of his ass and come up with a sensible gameplan, I think we have a chance. The Offense for Denver is not good. My fear is that this game descends into a race to the bottom on offense. The first defense to make a mistake loses it for their team. Flacco is chucking up prayers by mid-3rd quarter, just to get away from the pass rush.

Bears 13
Broncos 6
BR0D1E86
MVP

I have zero confidence in this offense to score more than about 6 points.

Luckily I have equal confidence that Flacco stinks.

This could be a 9-6 type of game unless one of the defenses scores.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

If we saw a weakness in Fangio's scheme last year is that the quick passing game is pretty effective. See 1st GB game, Dolphins and Pats games last year. Coincidentally, we lost those games and it shows that if you can be patient and efficient with quick passes, i.e. slants, screens, etc. - you can move the ball on his scheme and frustrate their pass rush. Of course, a solid balanced attack is going to need to be involved. Meaning a healthy dose of Montgomery, Cohen and Davis.

But this all relies on Nagy recognizing this and developing a sound game plan around it. If we get in a situation where we have to throw the ball down the field repeatedly because we're down a couple scores - then I don't think there's any way we can win.

We're not going to score TD's on 4-5 play drives. It's going to be methodical, marching down the field and not turning the ball over.

I don't have confidence that our offense can do that right now though, especially on the road against Fangio who knows our team better than anyone else.

Bears 6
Broncos 13
Never Die Easy
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Dam didn't realize it was another Thursday night game. Can't wait 🙄
G08
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 pm Dam didn't realize it was another Thursday night game. Can't wait 🙄
Nah dude we play on Sunday, just double checked now to make sure. @UOK please updated when you have a moment
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Hamster Wheel
Rookie

Fangio , Ware & Co, will take Nagy and Pagano to school.
Broncos 14
Bears 6
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Gandalf The Grey Sweatshirt might be the best DC in football but he's not a DC anymore and Joe Flacco is his QB. They might as well have a department store mannequin back there for Mack, Hicks, Floyd and Smith to take turns on.

Fangio will be capable of just causing nightmares for the offense with his schemes, but I think Pagano's constant attacking plus the personnel advantage we have beats Fangio's sometimes bend but don't break crap.

The offense does just enough right to get the win. Eddy Money gets three field goals.

Bears 16
Broncos 10
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

Rebound game. Even the best teams get beat...the reaction is almost always feared...this has to be the case here.

Rebound game for the offence

Nagy runs the ball and runs it hard
This takes pressure of Trib who can cut through fangios 4 deep shell
People take a 180 turn on trib again and think maybe we do have the next franchise QB

The defence want to make their daddy proud so come to play and and play hard. Flacco doesn’t no who hit or what’s hit him
Have a great day
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

However make no mistake...if we lose this then the season may just be over before it’s even started and we could be staring down an 8-8 season
Have a great day
Richie
MVP

The offense will almost assuredly have SOME sort of a rebound. That doesn't mean it will be "good" but rather that I doubt we average 3 PPG the entire season. lol

Denver hasn't lost a Mile High in September since 2013. I don't like Vic having an intimate knowledge of Trubisky and Nagy. He's really going to want this game.

I think he gets it... This game to me may be even tougher than most our later season contests that we all have circled.

I think we start 0-2 and that everyone will jump ship. However, after that. We get a win vs WSH and slowly the train gets back on the rails. After this we have at WSH, home vs MIN and OAK in London.
Richie
MVP

If our offense can't do better with TOP (or only marginally better). I worry about our defense tiring at 2x the rate of which it normally does. Given the elevation, I mean.
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm
bearsfaninaz wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 pm Dam didn't realize it was another Thursday night game. Can't wait 🙄
Nah dude we play on Sunday, just double checked now to make sure. @UOK please updated when you have a moment
Fixed!!!
malk
Head Coach

I just don't see Flacco taking this one and our offence has a poor game rather than an epically poor one with 3 field goals off shortish fields and one drive where Nagy starts in a 2 minute offence and Trubisky gets into a rhythm and we have an inexplicably nice drive to a TD.

Bears 16, Broncos 6.

(alternatively, Shaheen gets kicked to the curb with Wimms is promoted to TE/big slot receiver and we actually run the rook so the offence clicks and we canter to a comfortable 27 to 13 win).
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears 6 Broncos 3

Fangio will know Nagy, but Fangio has less talent
GSH
MVP

Bears 16
Broncos 14

I think the O-Line pull their heads out of their asses and montgomery gets 1 TD and Robinson gets another, topped off with a 4th qtr safety when Roy Robertson-Harris buries Flacco for a safety to seal a very close game at mile high.

Mack gets double teamed and held all day and Mitch takes 5 sacks. We run the ball more and it works out.
Ormazd
MVP

Defense echoes the 1963 team, and tells Trubisky just stay the fuck out of our way.

Eddie Jackson pick 6
Mack strip sacks Flacco and Hicks recovers for a TD.

BEARS 14, Broncos 10
UOK
Site Admin

Watching some of these week 1 games, I feel a lot better about Mitch. A lot of offenses are completely unprepared and have no chemistry.
UOK
Site Admin

The Browns fans are absolutely livid. You thought Bears fans were pissed.
GSH
MVP

Looking like every other team in the nfc north wins this week too. yay.
docc
Head Coach

Bears need to just play and win their games..the rest of the division is not in our control...
Richie
MVP

GSH wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:17 pm Looking like every other team in the nfc north wins this week too. yay.
Lions do Lions things and work themselves into a tie.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

I think this game is gonna stink.

I suspect the offense will take a step in the right direction, but that Fangio will know enough to not let it really show through.
I reckon the bears D are the difference though and get at least one score, with a couple of field goals being enough to make the difference.

Bears: 13
Broncos: 10
Last edited by skamanfrank on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
IE
Hall of Famer

Part of this will be one great D versus one that isn't baked yet. It takes time.

But I think the big thing to watch here is Nagy vs Nagy. I'm going to guess Rational Nagy wins this one with a balanced attack that incorporates what he knows about Fangio (this works two ways, folks).

Bears 28
Bronco 17
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!