Wk 3 // CHICAGO BEARS @ WASHINGTON REDSKINS

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

28-13 Bears. D gets its first TD, Cohen gets his first on the season, Mitch runs one in from the 12, and Sowell catches his first TD.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

Man I hate monday night football. At least Boog has improved the commentary team.

Bears win. Keenum looks like Keenum and a Gruden brother is heading out of the league.
Have a great day
Richie
MVP

Mikefive wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:34 pm Talk is that the Redskins defense is horrendous. But they lost to 2 playoff teams whose QBs are playing lots better than Biscuit is.
Eh... Yes and no. Both QB's obviously look better than Trubisky. However, Dallas has played Washington and the Giants. The Giants D looks like a laughing stock. Philly looked pretty pedestrian in their only other matchup versus a pretty subpar ATL defense. I think the D we will see Monday Night is definitely soft.
Richie
MVP

The more that time goes by... the less I have a desire to see the Bears on primetime and prefer the Sunday afternoon Noon CT (1 PM ET) kick-off.

Does anybody else identify with this?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm The more that time goes by... the less I have a desire to see the Bears on primetime and prefer the Sunday afternoon Noon CT (1 PM ET) kick-off.

Does anybody else identify with this?
Yeah I'm a little annoyed by the kickoff times so far. It was a nice thing to have in the middle of a Sunday. Oh well. The price of success.
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

Yea I can Identify with that...probably for different reasons though. First the time zone issue I have. The second is because I'd rather be out of the public eye somewhat at the moment. Pre season we were walking around cocky as anything bragging on how we have the deepest WR Core or Mitch 202....only to look the way we did week 1 becoming the laughing stock of the playground.

I would like to get out stuff figured and then be put under the lights
Have a great day
UOK
Site Admin

@Boris13c

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

my neighbor's family tickets are in section 304 or 305 on the Redskins side of the field ... decent seats

I've also been invited to a football party for the night ... so now I'm torn between decisions

heavy traffic coming and going to the live game to sit in decent seats in a shitty stadium, pay $12 for a beer and another $8 for a rubber hot dog OR walk 3 blocks from my house to have a full smoked bbq buffet and a keg available while watching from a comfy seat on a huge almost wall sized tv
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:55 am my neighbor's family tickets are in section 304 or 305 on the Redskins side of the field ... decent seats

I've also been invited to a football party for the night ... so now I'm torn between decisions

heavy traffic coming and going to the live game to sit in decent seats in a shitty stadium, pay $12 for a beer and another $8 for a rubber hot dog OR walk 3 blocks from my house to have a full smoked bbq buffet and a keg available while watching from a comfy seat on a huge almost wall sized tv
You sound so very torn.
WagonForce
MVP

Bears 24
Skins 13
Richie
MVP

I want this game to come already. I'm itching for it. I hate that we have to sit through Sunday and then a work day waiting for it as well.

I am very interested to see how much our offensive struggles were due to rust, tough matchups, etc... This game will be so very telling to me about where we are at and just how much we should or should not be legitimately worried about the 2019 Chicago Bears.

All I know, is that 2-1 sounds REAL nice considering all of the headache we've already been through. Doesn't it?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:55 am my neighbor's family tickets are in section 304 or 305 on the Redskins side of the field ... decent seats

I go with the second option. :D
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bear 24
Skins 12
Last edited by southdakbearfan on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears 17
Skins 10
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:00 pm
You sound so very torn.
Otis Day wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:45 am
I go with the second option. :D

I think I had probably made up my mind as soon as I typed the options :toast:

rush hour traffic to get to the game followed by the usual fiasco after ... the stadium is right off the beltway and if you look at it on a map you think "easy peasy" but the reality is much different

RFK Stadium was so much better from a fan's perspective, but that place is scheduled for demolition next year
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:03 am I want this game to come already. I'm itching for it. I hate that we have to sit through Sunday and then a work day waiting for it as well.

I am very interested to see how much our offensive struggles were due to rust, tough matchups, etc... This game will be so very telling to me about where we are at and just how much we should or should not be legitimately worried about the 2019 Chicago Bears.

All I know, is that 2-1 sounds REAL nice considering all of the headache we've already been through. Doesn't it?
It’s such a weird thing for me to have the highlight of my weekend be at or near the end of it when the Bears play on Sundays. Just enjoy Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning. Don’t be in a such a hurry. Between the Thursday GB game and then waiting 10 days for Denver and now 8 days its awful.

We’re gonna kick the shit out of the Redskins and be 2-1. And yes, given all the worries about the apocalypse with this team it’ll be nice to have a winning record with the next several weeks looking winnable also.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

former Bear Jon Bostic has found a home with the Redskins and is their defensive play caller
Jon Bostic is the voice of a Redskins defense scrambling for answers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... g-answers/

Jon Bostic’s voice is deep and powerful. It is steady and sturdy. His tone sits in the middle of his register, calm and reassuring, and the slight drawl that betrays his roots on Florida’s east coast mostly remains hidden until he uses words such as “pin” and “pen.”

Linguistics experts, presented with audio clips of Bostic’s voice, described a balletic quality. Some said his metered, muscular cadence reminded them of a newscaster. Others say he sounds like the ocean.

This speaking voice bears little resemblance to the one he uses as a linebacker for the Washington Redskins. On the field, his expression twists and his words thunder. He is responsible for making play-calls and presnap adjustments as the voice of a unit that started the season with high hopes but, through two weeks, has been a deep source of disappointment for the 0-2 Redskins.

“Definitely,” Bostic said when asked whether the defense’s start has surprised him. “This is not what we envisioned. But this is why you sign up for the game, the adversity that’s in it.”
I wish him well ... but we don't need him finding any answers to his team's issues on Monday Night thank you very much
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I can’t believe how cheap you can get tix there. Multiply that by four and there is your minimum price in Chicago at this time of year.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Bears offense continues to struggle against a bad defense but surprise, surprise, the Bears defense bails them out with a TD.

Bears 17
Redskins 12
Never Die Easy
BeattieFeathers
Practice Squad

Keenum gets injured or sucks like all the other QBS lately. Dwayne Haskins comes in and wins the day.
27-20
Middleguard
MVP

I like The Marshall Plan's explanation for how the Bears score 24, but I think Washington will score a few points, too.
Bears 24 Washington 16
BR0D1E86
MVP

Injury updates....

Kyle Long says he will play.

Eddie Jackson is now questionable with a knee and a shoulder.
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

With Nagy being a cautious coach I struggle to see through these injury reports. Like what is a real injury and what’s just

Player. Hey coach I woke up having slept funny on my arm

Coach. Ok well we are just going to go ahead and shut you down for the rest of the week
Have a great day
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:11 pm Well. Through two games, there isn't anything that would suggest that this will be a blowout. That being said, there is no one on the Redskins roster that scares me. Their secondary has a lot of experience (Norman, Collins), but the rest of their defense is not intimidating. The offense is as equally benign. Case Keenum was just run out of Denver. Their receivers are young and inexperienced, and AP is a shell of what he once was. I think the offense takes a small step forward this game.

Bears - 24
Redskins - 13
We didn't do the rhymes yet.

Rhyme Time bitchez!

Jay Gruden is the brother of Chucky.
Who of late hasn't been so lucky.
He traded away Mack and for Brown.
And is the laughing stock of Raider Town.
Now his franchise will forever be sucky.
britbear
Player of the Month

Bearfanuk wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 am Yea I can Identify with that...probably for different reasons though. First the time zone issue I have. The second is because I'd rather be out of the public eye somewhat at the moment. Pre season we were walking around cocky as anything bragging on how we have the deepest WR Core or Mitch 202....only to look the way we did week 1 becoming the laughing stock of the playground.

I would like to get out stuff figured and then be put under the lights
Agree on your first reason. Work dictates that I cannot stay up to watch the game. In recent years I've found it impossible to sleep through the night game and I usually wake up, check the score on my phone...and then find it hard to properly get back to sleep. In week 1 I didn't get many Z's after 3.00 am, and I got up at 5 for work. Luckily I'm off work on Tues, so fingers crossed for some sleep. Will be too tired to stay up after 4 long work shifts, so I'll be recording it.

That said, I'm still nervous about our O. Think that our D can do enough to get us the W, but it won't be the Bucs game from last year after that slow start. I see no signs of a repeat of that game.

Bears 20
Skins 14
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!

Game day Haiku:

In our Capitol
Trubisky turns a corner
Skins offense is dead

G08
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:03 am I want this game to come already. I'm itching for it. I hate that we have to sit through Sunday and then a work day waiting for it as well.

I'm with you here... All this extra time is giving me anxiety. I just want to go out there and kick their ass from the jump.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
malk
Head Coach

The long wait of game day excitement wasn't helped by the tickets to London game arriving today! Really hoping to be 3-1 and starting to roll going into that game...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
BR0D1E86
MVP

My work schedule has been brutal this year, and between the Bears and Hawkeyes (the only two football teams I care about) I’ve gotten to see zero games live.

I took tonight off, then they tried to schedule a Cub Scout meeting for my boys. I convinced my wife to go.

I went through a lot to watch this game live. The offense owes me about 45 points.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:54 am My work schedule has been brutal this year, and between the Bears and Hawkeyes (the only two football teams I care about) I’ve gotten to see zero games live.

I took tonight off, then they tried to schedule a Cub Scout meeting for my boys. I convinced my wife to go.

I went through a lot to watch this game live. The offense owes me about 45 points.
Good luck with that.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.