Wk 5 // CHICAGO BEARS "@" OAKLAND RAIDERS OF LONDON

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

I will comply a list sure. However don’t forget we aren’t replacing a McCown type back up. For example brandon weedon wouldn’t be on my list BUT we could pay someone like that the vet minimum to throw interceptions and hold the ball too long.

The 5.5 million we’ve saved could have been spent on the o line for example
Have a great day
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Bearfanuk wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:09 am I will comply a list sure. However don’t forget we aren’t replacing a McCown type back up. For example brandon weedon wouldn’t be on my list BUT we could pay someone like that the vet minimum to throw interceptions and hold the ball too long.

Ah OK! Gotcha, think I misinterpreted your original point!
wab
Mod

skamanfrank wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:56 am
Bearfanuk wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 am We could easily name at least 5 free agent qbs who would fir this system and be on less
I'm not disagreeing/trying to be contentious, but out of interest... what 5 would you name?
I can't name one FA QB that would be better, right now, than Daniel...let alone 5.
EricTighe
MVP

We got outplayed, out hustled and got an old fashion ass whooping.

Out coached and beatin in every aspect of the game. Got damn lucky to be even in the game much less leading.

Throw this game away and move on.

Trubisky needs to come back fast.
UOK
Site Admin

EricTighe wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:38 am We got outplayed, out hustled and got an old fashion ass whooping.

Out coached and beatin in every aspect of the game. Got damn lucky to be even in the game much less leading.

They sent Bray back to the Practice Squad, so it's highly likely that Mitch is back soon.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Fans seem to hold onto losses longer than the players. This game has been incinerated for me.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:51 am
EricTighe wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:38 am We got outplayed, out hustled and got an old fashion ass whooping.

They sent Bray back to the Practice Squad, so it's highly likely that Mitch is back soon.
Xee
Site Admin

You know, it has to be said that Chase had a few really good throws in the game but that means exactly squat if you make one critical bad throw. I think with Biscuit the opposite is true; yeah, he will make some poor throws throughout the game but none of them by themselves put a nail in the coffin. In the end, when he needs to make that critical throw he seems to be able to come through more often than not.
tjs
Journeyman

Bearfanuk wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:09 am I will comply a list sure. However don’t forget we aren’t replacing a McCown type back up. For example brandon weedon wouldn’t be on my list BUT we could pay someone like that the vet minimum to throw interceptions and hold the ball too long.

Please comply with that list then. Guess Brandon Weedon isn't on it but someone "like that" is.
GSH
MVP

I know we need it and its timely for the team, but bye weeks suuuuuuck.

we are all Eagles fans this week, just to add to the suck.
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

tjs wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 pm

Please comply with that list then. Guess Brandon Weedon isn't on it but someone "like that" is.
The thing is what do you want from the list?
What has Chase Daniel done to justify 6 Million over 750k? Any list I comply will be shot down in flames but then again any list having Minshew or Allen on it 5 weeks ago would have been completely disregarded. The same way someone suggesting Foles would win a superbowl would have been laughed at. My point isn't so much the list it's

What has Chase done for the money that we couldn't have gotten anyone really to fo saving effectively 5 million? Hell keeping Sanchez wouldn't have been a downgrade or upgrade. It's daniel's not Teddy Bridgewater we are replacing. However, he is only second to Bridgewater in salary.

Edit
I'd also go one further and say pre season people were gushing over Mike Glennon. Now if he was on a list you would be luaghed out of the room.
My point is it's subjective. What isn't however IMO is the question of Is Chase Daniel justifying being the second top earning back up QB
Last edited by Bearfanuk on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great day
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

But, Chase is here and will be here thru the year, fans have to live with it. Another reason he is here, to be a mentor to the “franchise” QB. He needs that.
IE
Hall of Famer

Technically, the Center touches the ball first - and as long if not longer than the QB. So can we all start defaulting to blaming the Center for losses and basically everything? And this year it would actually be closer to the mark.

Perhaps UOK can launch the Week 7 Game prediction thread sooner rather than later so we can start chasing that squirrel.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Middleguard
MVP

Your week 5 prediction scores (first game this year that nobody predicted the Bears would lose):
152 GSH
168 Mr.Irrelevant
222 Boris13c
224 Mikefive
294 Middleguard
312 skamanfrank
326 WagonForce
362 Bears Whiskey Nut
366 The Marshall Plan
422 wab
422 southdakbearfan
434 UOK
446 malk
474 BearButtseks
536 G08
632 Atkins&Rebel
666 VA_Mountain_Bear
774 HurricaneBear
882 AZ_Bearfan
1482 IE
1736 Knuckles
3042 Z Bear
Duplicate predictions:
222 Otis Day
326 Ormazd
326 mmmc_35
366 Richie
422 MoFugger
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

NFL hands out fines for Bears-Raiders game

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/ ... ders-game/

The NFL handed out fines for last week’s game between the Chicago Bears and Oakland Raiders, and there were plenty to go around.

The league penalized Bears receiver Anthony Miller and nose tackle Eddie Goldman, as well as Raiders left guard Richie Incognito and defensive tackle Maurice Hurst for misconduct penalties, per the Sun-Times.

Miller was penalized $10,527 for taunting, which came after receiver Allen Robinson’s 16-yard touchdown late in the third quarter. He made a gesture and was seen saying something to Raiders cornerback Gareon Conley.

Goldman and Incognito were battling each other all game, and following Raiders running back Josh Jacobs’ 1-yard touchdown in the final two minutes of the game, tempers flared. Goldman shoved Incognito on the extra point, which cost him $14,037 for unnecessary roughness.

As for Incognito, who has a reputation for being a repeat offender, he was fined twice. He was fined $10,527 both for a chop block on Goldman in the second quarter and shoving cornerback Buster Skrine’s head into the turf after a play in the first quarter.

Hurst was fined $21,056 for a roughing-the-passer penalty on Bears quarterback Chase Daniel in the fourth quarter.
so where exactly is the line between smack talking and taunting? seems to me if people are just jawing at each other it shouldn't be a penalty ... I don't recall Miller gesturing but if he did, I guess that is what put him over the line
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Hey G08. You want to invoke the slaughter rule yet?

You've been awfully quiet this year...

...or is it just that I'm the only one that gives a shit about it? :kickme: