Possible Trades

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rakshir
Pro Bowler

https://dawindycity.com/2019/10/10/chic ... ock/amp/4/

Article got me thinking, which if any people should Pace be looking at to strengthen our roster prior to the trade dead line.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

As far as the article goes, Tent Williams only makes sense if he isn’t too expensive and you could kick Leno to guard. I’d love to see Leonard Williams for DL help, but 4th round pick is tough unless he’s signed for at least two years.
wab
Mod

Trent Williams would be amazing, but his price is waaaaaaay too high.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Depending on Ted Larsen's knee I think Pace might have to look at a veteran guards for 2019. A conditional or late-round pick for a stopgap player is worth it to protect returning-Mitch and try to right this ship.

Personally, I'm ready to IR Long and find our 2020 starting guard right now. My wife is a Saints fan and I live in NOLA so I've been watching these DTs kill dudes. Rankins and Hendrickson are going to have a field day against broken Long and struggling Daniels.
xyt in the discord chats
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

if the Bears were truly in win now mode, Trent Williams might be the piece to push them forward and they could deal with salary cap hell for a bit

if not Williams, there is still the need to improve the O-Line if they expect to go where they want to go so maybe there is some less expensive productivity to be had from someone somewhere else
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Random, but should the Bears trade Leno and let Lucas start for the remainder of the season? IDK what they'd get for him, but I'd consider it.
IE
Hall of Famer

Would anyone really trade for Leno?
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

IE wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:23 pm Would anyone really trade for Leno?
28 year old Pro Bowl LT's with reasonable(ish) contracts are probably pretty attractive. I only ask because the dude counts 10.3 million against the cap next season. The Jets come to mind. Leonard Williams for Leno?

I know this is Madden-ish but it's slow.
IE
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm
IE wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:23 pm Would anyone really trade for Leno?
28 year old Pro Bowl LT's with reasonable(ish) contracts are probably pretty attractive. I only ask because the dude counts 10.3 million against the cap next season. The Jets come to mind. Leonard Williams for Leno?

I know this is Madden-ish but it's slow.
LOL no shit. I hate bye weeks. The silver lining from this past 2 weeks is there is not a single team in the NFL that doesn't appear vulnerable from one week to the next. I really hope this team gets it together. There may never be an easier path to the SB than 2019...
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:03 pm Random, but should the Bears trade Leno and let Lucas start for the remainder of the season? IDK what they'd get for him, but I'd consider it.
What is your opinion of Lucas? What would the dropoff, if any, be?

The big problem would be trading Leno at a low point because he's got the most penalty yards of anybody.

What about Melvin Gordon? What would it take? Build something around Leno and a second day pick. Keep the 2nd rounder from the Raiders.

IIRC the Chargers don't like to spend money. RBs are on the outs in terms of relative importance, but if one of the best in the game is available?

The other problem is that we'd have one of the best RBs but still a piss poor line (unless the Long situation fixes everything).

We could make the money work. Long will be gone. Floyd could be gone. That should be about $25M right there with Eddie Jackson's extension looming.

Our needs are: OL, TE, and an OLB outside Mack.

I'd rather not trade Leno to bolster the defense when the offense has so many problems.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Apparently OJ Howard wants out of Tampa, because Arians doesn't really utilize the TE in his offense. This could be the TE redemption trade. Send a 2nd to Tampa, and erase the memory of Greg Olsen.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:12 pm Apparently OJ Howard wants out of Tampa, because Arians doesn't really utilize the TE in his offense. This could be the TE redemption trade. Send a 2nd to Tampa, and erase the memory of Greg Olsen.
Would love this - but I'm not sure a 2 would be enough
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:47 pm
wab wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:03 pm Random, but should the Bears trade Leno and let Lucas start for the remainder of the season? IDK what they'd get for him, but I'd consider it.
What is your opinion of Lucas? What would the dropoff, if any, be?

The big problem would be trading Leno at a low point because he's got the most penalty yards of anybody.

What about Melvin Gordon? What would it take? Build something around Leno and a second day pick. Keep the 2nd rounder from the Raiders.

IIRC the Chargers don't like to spend money. RBs are on the outs in terms of relative importance, but if one of the best in the game is available?

The other problem is that we'd have one of the best RBs but still a piss poor line (unless the Long situation fixes everything).

We could make the money work. Long will be gone. Floyd could be gone. That should be about $25M right there with Eddie Jackson's extension looming.

Our needs are: OL, TE, and an OLB outside Mack.

I'd rather not trade Leno to bolster the defense when the offense has so many problems.
Lucas is meh, but at least the dude is big and strong. Just looking at HH and the LTs he’s had, Leno doesn’t really fit the mold.

But it’s all BS. Leno isn’t going anywhere.
l8knight
Practice Squad

What do you think about a possible fit for Zach Brown from the Eagles? They released him today, not clear why but his stats aren't horrible but otherwise I don't know much about him.