Blackhawks 2019-20 Season

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I guess I have waited long enough. Have seen at least 2 full games and parts of about 6 others.

:frustrated:

Gonna be a long season. The D is still very problematic. Slow, small and at times clueless. Poor Lehner tonight faced 40+ shots, how the hell does that even happen?

Overall, the O has been inconsistent as well. A few guys have flashed, but no one has been consistent.

Seabrook has been a healthy scratch last two games, deservedly so. Keith may need to join him.
UOK
Site Admin

This team is in such dire need of a purge. Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Crawford - all of them need to go. That window is slammed shut and never re-opening.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

WHAT ABOUT THOSE DAMN HAWKS??? 6-1-1 in the last 8 games. Crow and Lehner getting done platoon style. Kirby Dach coming along really well. Kaner scoring. Some young guys showing they belong. Colliton finally letting some guys just play. I was at the game last night vs Buffalo. Helluva game. It helped me miss most of the Bears game.
UOK
Site Admin

Credit to Colliton for abandoning the lame defensive game and letting his young guns fire away. It's made them do what they seemingly haven't done in a few years now - score goals consistently!

Lehner's been glorious, Dach is proving he belongs, and even Boqvist looked good in his callup. Talk about a turnaround!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the 'Hawks win in Vegas on Nov 13 was an inspiration ... that was a quality performance against a quality team

there is hope
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Now if Toews could get himself going O wise. I will say he had some pretty passes Sunday night. Saad was the recipient of most and he just could not gather them enough to get clean shots off. D has improved somewhat but they still give up way too many shots. I like this goalie tandem, keeps both fresh. Hawks 4-0 on the second night of back to backs, pretty impressive.
UOK
Site Admin

Seabrook to IR for the rest of the year for shoulder and hip surgeries. Not likely to play in 2020. Guy just needs to retire.

The Blackhawks are in desperate need of a rebuild and until they do I can only have so much enthusiasm.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Winners of 4 of the last 5, jump back on, lets go!! :jump:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

KANER GETS HIS 1000th!!!!! Hawks riding high right now, 11-4 in last 15. They are getting healthy at the right time. Get Strome and Shaw back.......who knows what can happen.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:12 pm KANER GETS HIS 1000th!!!!! Hawks riding high right now, 11-4 in last 15. They are getting healthy at the right time. Get Strome and Shaw back.......who knows what can happen.
This season has been draining. One week the team is circling the drain, the next week they’re hot and looking to steal a playoff spot.

As happy as I am for 88, I’m ready for a total changing of the guard. Makes me happy to see young guys like Dach, Kubalik, Cat, even Nylander have any measure of confidence and success while the last titans of the three cups are playing out their careers in bittersweet fashion. They deserve a playoff berth to test everyone’s mettle.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Toews is their best player, and I got one of his jerseys a long time ago ... but Patrick Kane became my hero in the 2010 Stanley Cup against the Flyers ... Game 6 series clinching goal that no one knew went in except him ... I can close my eyes and see that replay in my mind and it always makes me smile

I would really like for Toews and Kane to lead a final run to the Cup before the Blackhawks do blow everything up ... even if they don't, they will forever be linked to the run modern era greatness Chicago enjoyed with the 2 of them leading the charge

speaking of jerseys, I would think jersey sizes would be pretty consistent regardless of manufacturer but they aren't ... my Toews jersey is Reebok and my newer Kane jersey is Adidas ... both the same size but the Kane jersey is definitely a smaller fit ... still ok but when I switch from it to the Toews there is an obvious difference
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Man, just not sure I can see 19 or 88 playing anywhere else. I prefer Kane myself and he provides much needed scoring. I am all for letting Keith, Crow, and Seabrook go.

Boris that goal was so awesome. Was watching at a friend's as I didn't get the channel it was on. We were freaking out, because at first we didn't know what the hell went on.

I was so happy for a buddy of mine that night. He had been a hockey/Blackhawk fan his whole life. He sport the indian head and colors forever. I was late getting into hockey, 18 yrs old. Attended a ton of minor league games in Peoria. They had the Blues AAA team there. Got to see some great talent and kickass fighters (Kelly Chase and the champ, Tony Twist).
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

man, that 3rd period was brutal ... giving up 4 goals in 1 period to lose going away is not what playoff teams are made of
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

They had some crucial turnovers early in the game that kept the Jets in the game. Couple good shots by the Jets, put the Hawks under.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Can't get more frustrating. I don't think these players respect Colliton. Time for change, one way or the other. Tough to say and it will be tougher to see.
UOK
Site Admin

The whole franchise is in a weird place.

Not sure if Colliton's the right fit with these guys, but these guys may not be cohesive, period. The team simply isn't dangerous anymore, particularly on the power play. Their power play has been bad for awhile, but it's absolutely fucking abysmal in recent years.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Lehner and Gustafasson traded. Kind of surprised by the Lehner trade. I was hoping they would deep him and trade Crow or let him walk at the end of the year.

Bowman just does not seem to be helping this team much.

The team will sink a little further for the time being and not sure how they will rise again with this coach and GM in place.
UOK
Site Admin

Lehner could still come back if he's not too hurt about being dealt. He seemed to really love it here. Doubt it happens, though.

I agree that this team is well on its way to a slow death. They're in need of a tremendous financial purging, but will simply let the contracts of the remaining core ride out, win or lose.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

always seems to be 1 step forward then 2 - 3 steps back for these guys ... no continuity or consistency

they need to get on a serious run of just good basic hockey to maybe break away from the chaos they currently display on a regular basis
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hey they had 3 PP goals last night.

I will be honest, when the Hawks were up 3-1, I knew they would get beat. They rarely play a 60 minute game.

The D is effin atrocious!!!!!! No goalie has a chance on this team.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Now a 3 game win streak. The O was clicking last night. Kaner was on as was Stromme. Crawford played a nice game as well, even taking a knee to the head and not getting concussed. This team is Jekyll and Hyde.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Then they lose to the effin worst team in the league :frustrated: A must win game, son of a bitch :angry: This team is aggravating as much as the Bears!
UOK
Site Admin

Losing a must-win to the dead-ass Red Wings after a noteworthy win streak kind of sizes up the team.