radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (3-5)
Bears/Lions matchup history
DETROIT LIONS (3-4-1)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

Bears pull a win out of their asses.

Inexplicable shit occurs, and it benefits the Bears. Referees screw the Lions out of at least one passing touchdown.

Bears 23
Lions 21
IE
Hall of Famer

"They were tired," said Eagles running back Jordan Howard, who exacted some revenge over a Bears team that traded him to Philadelphia this offseason. "They knew what we were going to do, but we're still hard to stop sometimes."

Montgomery got 14 carries yesterday, and Nagy consciously avoided what works best in the running game. That's Nagy's way of being unpredictable and keeping the opposing team guessing, I guess. Sigh... he's so tricky.

I'll guess that won't happen this week. So the team rides Monty & the defense isn't gassed for half the game:

Bear 24
Lion 23
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Lions 24

Bears 16

Nagy still can't figure it out. Lions keep Bears D on the field and Stafford throws for 3 TDs.
l8knight
Practice Squad

Lions make sure everyone knows they are no longer the bottom feeder of the NFC North with Trubisky's help.

Lions 20
Bears 16

Bonus Prediction: Nagy will answer criticism in the Post-Game interview with "We've got to be better".
wab
Mod

A win this week keeps the wheels on, so I'll hope that happens. At the end of the day though, I can't really say I care what happens any longer.

Bears 19
Lions 17
Knuckles
Player of the Month

I don't have any confidence in this team anymore... Lions win (be nice to be wrong).

Bears 16
Lions 23
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

It's getting harder and harder to pick Bears wins. This season is pretty much toast, so we're back to our usual programming of playing spoiler for teams with legitimate playoff aspirations. That said, this is the Lions and they will always be the Lions.

Bears: 24
Lions: 16
Richie
MVP

A game that will give one of the two desperate bottom feeders in the North "hope" for one more week.

For some reason; I feel like the Bears win. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Things have been going so bad for over a month now. It just feels like we're due to have a game where SOME things fall into place and break our way. At home vs a Lions team with just as many struggles. It seems like a spot where it may happen.

Like the Chargers were. This is a team that we should be able to get a run game going against. It's also a team that really struggles to run since Kerryon Johnson went down. I think if we do all of the things we did well vs LAC and just avoid enough of the crippling mistakes. We SHOULD win.

That being said... There is zero way that anyone would be surprised if we come out lethargic and totally drive the nail into our own coffin.

IMO, score over 20 and we have a really good shot.

Bears 24
Lions 20

I can sit here and say "I don't care anymore"... but I do. This month has been so demoralizing. Yet, when the ball is kicked off Sunday; I'll be all-in as usual.
Ormazd
MVP

Lions 20, Bears 13
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I have no confidence in Nagy and the Bears right now.

Detroit 24
Bears 6
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

**REVISED BASED ON NEW INFORMATION**

With Whitehair back at C and Stafford out. It changes the entire complexion of the game. Trubisky gets more comfortable with Whitehair calling the protection. I don't think he has a stellar day, but the OL plays its best game of the year. Bears are able to move the ball and score. Monty has a big day. Defense is encouraged, and decides to show up. They get a score.

Bears - 24
Lions - 10
Last edited by Bears Whiskey Nut on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I don't know how anyone can think the Bears will win at this point, home or away. Playing against a good defense... Offense struggles. Playing against a bad defense with a bunch of guys hurt? Offense struggles. After half a season of offensive struggles, the defense, while still pretty good... is deflating.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

After losing 4 straight and falling to 3-5... If you do manage to eek out a win... Do you bother with Club Dub at 4-5?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

wab
Mod

I do think this might be the game we see Daniel if Mitch continues his first half struggles.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 21
Lions 9
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

With the season effectively over, I would normally be predicting the Bears to win because they should be dumping for a first round pick and they normally rack up enough annoying wins to miss great players by one or two draft slots. However we don't have one in the next draft. Given that our offense is nonexistent and the defense can't do it all I don't see us beating anybody. I hope I'm wrong.

I do think Monty has a good game. He seems to be coming into his own. It is the Lions and they will try to gift wrap this to us, but the Bears will treat it like a fruitcake received from a relative they don't like.

Monty gets 2 TDs. One in garbage time.
Dinero gets a FG. Also in garbage time.

Stafford is having an amazing year so far. He passes well enough to win.

Lions 21
Bears 17

Richie
MVP

Mikefive wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:28 am After losing 4 straight and falling to 3-5... If you do manage to eek out a win... Do you bother with Club Dub at 4-5?
Oh, not only will Nagy break it out. Let me take a crack at that portion of his post-game presser if we should win Sunday. May I?

"What's that? Yeah! We were able to break out the disco ball and open back up club dub. It feels good to see all the guys smiling and having fun. It's been a while and we all feel that. Trust me, okay... I do and all of the guys do. Both the coaching staff and the players. It hasn't been easy. It's been weighing on us very hard. We've gone through a lot of adversity... but we've stuck together. We haven't dwelled on anything and I think that's key. It's really just a testament to this team that the last few weeks haven't broken us apart as a family. And I think that's going to make us stronger going forward."

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... blah...... BLLLLAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I mean, it is what it is. I really don't care what he says nor do I care if we dance in the locker room after a win. He's just pretty predictable that way.
Middleguard
MVP

Why do I keep thinking the Bears can win?
Bears 24
Lions 21
GSH
MVP

Eddie Jackson finally shows up with a pick 6.

It looks like the bears will win being up at the half but a 4th qtr comeback from the lions against a gassed bears D takes this one to overtime.

Matt Prater kicks the game winning FG for Detroit and the season is officially over.

OT:
Detroit 24
Bears 21
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Bears play an efficient game - running out of the I-formation opens play-action, roll outs, and easy throws. The defense steps up and gets off the field. Penalties go in our favor this time.
Bears 24
Lions 13
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears continue their dysfunctional quest to obscurity

Lions 30
Bears 16
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears 23
Lions 13
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

There are too many good teams in the NFC for a struggling 3-5 team to think they have a chance to make a run. I'm rooting for them to win every week, but I'm also looking to see what players and what units need to be replaced to turn this thing around. For this game, the group in the spotlight for me is the oline. The Lions have a shitty dline that is last in pass rush stats. If Mitch is getting sacked or Montgomery is getting stuffed, we're gonna confirm that this unit needs to be upgraded and/or coaches fired.

I think the line gets it done and the Bears d does enough to stop the potent lions air attack:

Bears 24
Lions 21
xyt in the discord chats
WagonForce
MVP

I think the Bears will win this one, if only because there are ebbs and flows in an NFL season and the Bears have been ebbing for a long time.

Bears 20
Lions 13
UOK
Site Admin

Speculation afoot that Daniels will move to go to Left Guard and Whitehair back to C. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Worth a try. Sad to say, but Daniels has been a huge liability this year at center. Let him play guard while he slowly figures out the center position.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

UOK wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:13 pm Speculation afoot that Daniels will move to go to Left Guard and Whitehair back to C. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
Nagy was uncharacteristically non-committal about this at his press conference, so maybe it's true. If so, going against the weak Detroit D-line would be a good time to work out the kinks.
Richie
MVP

Mr.Irrelevant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:26 pm
UOK wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:13 pm Speculation afoot that Daniels will move to go to Left Guard and Whitehair back to C. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
Nagy was uncharacteristically non-committal about this at his press conference, so maybe it's true. If so, going against the weak Detroit D-line would be a good time to work out the kinks.
It's also a line we really should beat up on and we're out of games to screw around in. Need wins and need em now. It would have been nice to do over the bye week... but I also realize that was a very different time and place to be at in terms of the mindset towards 2019. Daniels also only had 5 games underneath his belt.

Eh well. I suppose you can also look at it like "We need a spark. Gotta try something."
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears offense scores a bit more this week. But the Lions can score too.

Lions 23
Bears 19