Khalil Mack, spirit of Halloween, man of the people

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

wab
Mod

I mean, I kinda understand... but yeah. Bad look.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

GET OFF MY LAWN!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The age of fucking social media bullshit. I could care less. How is this news? (rhetorical question)

Sometimes smart phones and the internet piss me off :frustrated:
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:37 pm The age of fucking social media bullshit. I could care less. How is this news? (rhetorical question)

Sometimes smart phones and the internet piss me off :frustrated:
This isn't news, per se. I found myself fascinated by it in some ways and figured this is a side of professional athletes that we don't really ever get to see.

The guy filming is a bit of an asshat, but not too much so. Mack not doing Halloween isn't a big deal, but posting a guard to keep people off his property seems very odd. Gate the entry way, maybe? It's totally unusual.

I have nothing against Mack protecting his right to privacy, nor do I judge him for not participating in a neighborhood activity, but it's so bizarre to have some random dude there to tell people to go pound sand.
Xee
Site Admin

UOK wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:55 pmThe guy filming is a bit of an asshat, but not too much so. Mack not doing Halloween isn't a big deal, but posting a guard to keep people off his property seems very odd. Gate the entry way, maybe? It's totally unusual.

I have nothing against Mack protecting his right to privacy, nor do I judge him for not participating in a neighborhood activity, but it's so bizarre to have some random dude there to tell people to go pound sand.
One explanation I heard on reddit is that he always has a guard outside his house so it wasn't like he was specifically hired this guy just for Halloween. No idea if that's true though.
UOK
Site Admin

That context would've been nice, but if that's the case, maybe pony up the dough to build a simple gatehouse/shack for the guy? Poor bastard was walking around in his winter coat for hours on end.
Richie
MVP

Khalil seems like a quiet guy who does not put himself in the public eye much and enjoys his privacy.

If he opened his door to kids. This isn't like any other Chicago Bear doing it. This is Khalil Mack. Do you realize all of the middle aged dads who would be asking for selfies and for him to take pictures with their kids? At HIS home? On his door-step? Yes, there's plenty of decent people who understand not to be needling dicks. But there's a LARGE chunk of morons who would incessantly bother him.

It's his home. His private residence. Not a public event. I have absolutely zero problem with this. In fact, I totally get it. Khalil Mack owes us (as individuals) nothing.
UOK
Site Admin

This is what I get for posting a Barstool tweet.