Should The McCaskey Family Sell The Team?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Should The McCaskey Family Sell The Team?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 6
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I came across this article in the Tribune before my free article counter expired.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

From the article, "Since the ouster of Mike Ditka, the last coach Old Man Halas signed off on, the McCaskey Bears have been to the playoffs in just six of 26 seasons, likely 27 by the end of December.

Even the NFC North rival Lions have been to the playoffs more times (eight) in that span, though you have to go back to 1991 to find their last postseason win and to ’57 for an actual title."

That really sums it all up to me.
wab
Mod

Oh boy...
UOK
Site Admin

Will they? Never. I’ll give this a couple hours before merging with the dystopia thread.
G08
Hall of Famer

If this was like the Tribune Company owning the Chicago Cubs, I would say yes. But this is far, far from it these days. George McCaskey is funneling money into the franchise, from rebuilding Halas Hall to making Khalil Mack the highest paid defensive player ever.

Do they 'know football'? I don't know, probably not, but they are not meddling in day-to-day football operations.

Also, what @UOK said, it's never going to happen.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

no way in hell the McCaskey clan would even think of selling the Bears
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The way the question is asked, NO!!!! They are making money by owning the Bears. Why should they get rid of a cash cow? They shouldn't. The Bears are their livelihood, this is how they afford their day to day lives.

If you asked "Do you want the McCaskeys to sell the team?" that might have gotten different responses.
Richie
MVP

This easily the worst topic to listen/read Bears fans talking about.
GSH
MVP

The family dont meddle in football affairs, they just pumped so much money back into the team and I genuinely think that due to it being a family affair for generations that you will be hard pressed to find any owners that deeply care at a blood-in-their-veins level about the bears as much as the McCaskey family.

Its not them on the field and they aren't afraid to get the checkbook out.
Richie
MVP

GSH wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm The family dont meddle in football affairs, they just pumped so much money back into the team and I genuinely think that due to it being a family affair for generations that you will be hard pressed to find any owners that deeply care at a blood-in-their-veins level about the bears as much as the McCaskey family.

But... but... the old b**ch needs to die!

So I hear.

You're meaning to tell me that 96 year old Virginia McCaskey isn't calling Chicago Bears football shots!? Outrageous.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

I just wish there was a way to turn them back into the Halas family.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

In the last couple weeks, after owning the Indianapolis Motor Speedway since 1945 and the Indycar open wheel racing series, just sold out to Penske and company. Utterly shocking decision by the Hulmans that came out of nowhere to sell their cash cow.

Anything can happen.

I voted yes. There's no denying that the performance of the Chicago Bears while being run by someone not named Halas is pretty poor. They're very nice people... who are still trying to figure out how to hire the right people to create a consistent winning team. Responsibility for that must go to the top.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Richie wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:34 am
GSH wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 pm The family dont meddle in football affairs, they just pumped so much money back into the team and I genuinely think that due to it being a family affair for generations that you will be hard pressed to find any owners that deeply care at a blood-in-their-veins level about the bears as much as the McCaskey family.

But... but... the old b**ch needs to die!

So I hear.

You're meaning to tell me that 96 year old Virginia McCaskey isn't calling Chicago Bears football shots!? Outrageous.
I wish she was calling in plays from the box like she was a crotchetier Al Davis. Couldn't be any less successful than what they're doing now.
Hitman62
Rookie

I think they need to do a big investigation fan of what the hell is really going on with that team for one why do they keep getting shity quarterbacks this game we got now he's a piece of s*** even their Replacements a piece of s***
Hitman62
Rookie

You think we need new quarterbacks