TE Trey Burton to IR

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

GSH
MVP

bye!

edit: LB James Vaughters brought up from the practise squad. was kinda hoping for Horsted to be honest.

So TE is who now, an injured shaheen, braunecker and holtz? oh yeah and Sowell ( lol )
Last edited by GSH on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
docc
Head Coach

Gone
GSH
MVP

yeah. expect them to announce Trevathan to IR soon unless they think he'll be back in 5 weeks. cant see that happening and would explain why they brought Vaughters up instead of Jesper Horsted.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

docc wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pmGone
It's expensive to cut him this offseason

(But also expensive to keep him, burn a roster spot, and get nothing back)
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
UOK
Site Admin

Should’ve been done weeks ago. Dax Raymond soon please.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I won't miss him. Hopefully Horsted gets called up. Similar play styles
Richie
MVP

Good riddance with this guy.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

UOK wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:28 pm Should’ve been done weeks ago. Dax Raymond soon please.
Would love to see Raymond .

The whole Burton experience got weird last year when he couldn't mentally do the Philly Special play. Then not playing against Philly in the playoffs fairly unexpectedly. Never going to doubt health but still seemed like something was wrong
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
GSH
MVP

honestly he was a welcome presence last year until the playoffs. this year he's gone from being just a guy to being just a guy that cant stay on the field.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Hopefully its his last game as a Bear.

Just waive and resign Sowell a few more times. That'll fix everything.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Burton sure made a good first impression when the Bears acquired him ... looked like he was going to be the real deal ... then the wheels fell off with his odd can't play in the playoffs thing ... and since the wheels came off, he doesn't seem to have made an honest effort to get them back on

he has been a walking void and a huge disappointment
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

God you dudes are weird. The only thing that Trey Burton ever really did wrong was admit he suffers from anxiety. He's been out there the last few weeks trying to play through his injury and it didnt work out.

When he's on, he's an above average TE in this league. We dont have the draft capital to replace him, there isnt anyone nearly as good on the active roster, and hoping that some undrafted shmucks will more than replace him is the trap of the beaten down football fan. I hope he heals up and is back next year, cause we need him.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

if he was too hurt to actually run and complete pass patterns then he shouldn't have been out there

my eyes tell me he was half assing it ... if there were injury issues causing that perception, then why the hell was he on the field?
George Carlin
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Maybe my memory isn't serving me well, but I don't remember him ever really doing anything?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:11 am if he was too hurt to actually run and complete pass patterns then he shouldn't have been out there

my eyes tell me he was half assing it ... if there were injury issues causing that perception, then why the hell was he on the field?
so, you're mad that he didnt play through injury in the playoffs, and that he was playing through injury this year?

like i said, his only mistake was admitting he had anxiety. on the list of things that football fans hate, admitting you arent a soulless football automaton is right near the top. the second you do, the perception that you arent earning your paycheck comes into view and it'll never leave.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:06 am God you dudes are weird. The only thing that Trey Burton ever really did wrong was admit he suffers from anxiety. He's been out there the last few weeks trying to play through his injury and it didnt work out.

When he's on, he's an above average TE in this league. We dont have the draft capital to replace him, there isnt anyone nearly as good on the active roster, and hoping that some undrafted shmucks will more than replace him is the trap of the beaten down football fan. I hope he heals up and is back next year, cause we need him.
It's possible the reason he can't produce right now is that he's afraid to go all out on it. Pros often admit that the hard part of getting over an injury is the mental part of trusting it again.

Probably you're right that he doesn't deserve any blame here - he's trying and just can't.

Either way, though, I'm not sure they can afford to count on him again next year. This is an injury that shouldn't have been this complicated and lengthy. And you can see what not having a TE does to the offense. And the window on this build doesn't have forever.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

This is the right move. He was nowhere near healthy to start this season, so I think it'd be nice to let him come back next season at 100%. Then we can hopefully see the guy we signed instead of this hobbled version we're trotting out there on game day.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I'm in the "who cares" camp. He hasn't been right all year. He bailed last year when we needed him most.

I say cut him and Shaheen and start over at the position.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:36 am
Boris13c wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:11 am if he was too hurt to actually run and complete pass patterns then he shouldn't have been out there

so, you're mad that he didnt play through injury in the playoffs, and that he was playing through injury this year?

I'm not mad about anything

what I said was he appeared to be half assing many of the plays when he was on the field ... if he was actually injured to the point he could not put forth a better effort then it did him and the team no good to have him out there

RustyTrubisky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:36 am like i said, his only mistake was admitting he had anxiety. on the list of things that football fans hate, admitting you arent a soulless football automaton is right near the top. the second you do, the perception that you arent earning your paycheck comes into view and it'll never leave.
I didn't say a word about anxiety nor made any reference to his mental health, so who is this directed at?
George Carlin