radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (4-6)
Bears/Giants matchup history
NEW YORK GIANTS (2-8)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

Bears are bumslayers and are fighting to keep the pick they gave to Oakland a non top-10.

Bears win because the Giants are garbage. Barkley gets nearly 200 yards of offense in but Daniel Jones throws 3 picks and suddenly things are okay. Trubisky doesn't play second half. Piniero misses two more FGs.

Bears "win" by a final of 17-13.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, Bears are bums themselves. This is a pick 'em game.

Not impressed with much that is going on with this team at the moment. The O sucks and the D plays just well enough to lose.

Daniel Jones shows that he is a decent QB and leads the giants on 2 nice, time consuming drives the second half to put the game away. Bears O futility continues, because, well, Nagy is still calling the plays.
Giants D scores a tuddy.

Giants 20
Bears 10
G08
Hall of Famer

I want to see who is starting QB for us first.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I think Chase Daniel plays in this one.

At the end of the game Daniel stands on a milk crate and explains to the media why he threw 2 passes to the Giants’ MLB and how he needs to get better.

The Bears do manage to score a TD in garbage time.

Giants 17
Bears 10
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

They're already taking on water rapidly, with the "Chase was taking snaps and throwing passes, even if no camera or person not on the team saw it" thing.

They can't retain any shred of credibility if Mitch starts Sunday.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
G08
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm
They can't retain any shred of credibility if Mitch starts Sunday.
Why? It's 7 days after the "hip injury" occurred and tightened on him. QBs play through more after a week of rehab and muscle relaxers.

GSH
MVP

NY 16

CHI 9
IE
Hall of Famer

Daniel starts:
Bear 24
Giant 17

Turdbiscuit starts:
Bear 13
Giant 17
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 19 Gnats 12
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Bears: 21
Giants: 19
Ormazd
MVP

Giants 3, Bears 0
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

It really depends who starts.

Trubisky
Bears - 17
Giants - 10

Daniel v. Giants redux
Giants - 16
Bears 9
Richie
MVP

I hope to see Daniel. I think it sends a bad message to the rest of the team at this point if you're willing to tolerate Trubisky's play without giving the guy behind him a shot. I don't think this level of play would be tolerated at any other position. Not by a long shot.

Sometimes the week after your season goes out the window is when guys relax a bit. They'll play well and then we'll get to listen to all of them say "Things finally clicked!". Club dub will take place at 5-6 and three games out of a playoff spot.

Bears 28
Giants 17

Saquon goes for 100+ and two TD's but we force a handful of turnovers against Jones. Montgomery and Allen Robinson have solid days. Both get in the end zone.
UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I don't think the starting QB is going to make much of a difference in the result. Biscuit can make flashier plays, but more errors. Daniel plays more efficient, but lacks all flash. In different ways, both guys reduce the playbook.

Giants have averaged giving up 32 PPG the last 6 games. Our O doesn't turn the ball over much and that's our saving grace.

Giants 13
Bears 19
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I think this is going to be a very craptastic game, hopefully played in very bad weather so both teams suffer

I think Mitch is going to try to show he can take charge and becomes too aggressive, leading to 2 interceptions

I think Daniel Jones will be pressured into matching Mitch with 2 interceptions of his own

I think the over / under on fumbles by both teams is 3 ... I'll take the over with the Bears losing 2 and the Giants losing 2

and after almost 60 minutes of watered down horseshit, the Bears will win because Kyle Fuller actually holds on to an interception late and returns it for a pick 6

Bears 20
Giants 15
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Richie
MVP

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 pm
Mitch practices in full.

Well then...
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

He said the hip is "night and day" better than on Sunday for whatever that's worth.
G08
Hall of Famer

He's in line to start Sunday. I don't think anyone should be surprised unless they actually bought into the benching nonsense.

IE
Hall of Famer

This benching thing IS pretty silly/weird. They're claiming he was hurt ... but playing-wise he showed little sign of being hurt. He was screwing up - but physically he looked exactly the same as he has all season. Night and day? Which is which? He's looked horrible 90%+ of the season.

I really still don't buy it - that he was actually hurt and it was impacting his play. Looking back to the preseason, every single thing they've tried to sell us on 10 has been just plain crap. He wasn't protected in the preseason - he was hidden. The problem is now, they can't hide him.

If he plays this week, I'll take the benching as a phase toward the end - a warning shot across his bow that Nagy is willing to pull the trigger if he continues to play poorly. Which he will. Of course. Because no matter how many chances/bites we give a turdbiscuit, it isn't going to start tasting good. People will of course argue that the flavor is growing on them at times. But....
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
G08
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 pm This benching thing IS pretty silly/weird. They're claiming he was hurt ... but playing-wise he showed little sign of being hurt. He was screwing up - but physically he looked exactly the same as he has all season. Night and day? Which is which? He's looked horrible 90%+ of the season.

I really still don't buy it - that he was actually hurt and it was impacting his play. Looking back to the preseason, every single thing they've tried to sell us on 10 has been just plain crap. He wasn't protected in the preseason - he was hidden. The problem is now, they can't hide him.

If he plays this week, I'll take the benching as a phase toward the end - a warning shot across his bow that Nagy is willing to pull the trigger if he continues to play poorly. Which he will. Of course. Because no matter how many chances/bites we give a turdbiscuit, it isn't going to start tasting good. People will of course argue that the flavor is growing on them at times. But....

One of many that state you can see he was hurt.

docc
Head Coach

Yep/ Saw it..stiff legged the throw. Why the option play knowing he can't get to the outside or move up..and short side ?
G08
Hall of Famer

Nagy has always said if a player is "good to go" he is not approaching his play-calling or utilization of the player as anything less than 100%. That's why you saw the roll-outs and option plays while Trubisky was banged up.

Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.

I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally. He got kneed in the hip, it tightened up, he was hurting the team more than he was helping so he got yanked. It's honestly that bland and boring. There's no master conspiracy.

Richie
MVP

G08 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm Nagy has always said if a player is "good to go" he is not approaching his play-calling or utilization of the player as anything less than 100%. That's why you saw the roll-outs and option plays while Trubisky was banged up.

Then, Nagy I'm assuming realized the kid was more injured than he realized, figured out he couldn't do everything Nagy wanted, so he pulled him.

I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally. He got kneed in the hip, it tightened up, he was hurting the team more than he was helping so he got yanked. It's honestly that bland and boring. There's no master conspiracy.
I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally.
You spend a lot of time being "taken aback" when it comes to Mitch. Huh?
Yeah, he was so badly injured that he's not even on the injury report and practiced fully about 60 hours later.
G08
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:22 am
G08 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm Nagy has always said if a player is "good to go" he is not approaching his play-calling or utilization of the player as anything less than 100%. That's why you saw the roll-outs and option plays while Trubisky was banged up.

I'm honestly taken aback at what I have been listening to on the radio/podcasts and nationally.
You spend a lot of time being "taken aback" when it comes to Mitch. Huh?
Yeah, he was so badly injured that he's not even on the injury report and practiced fully about 60 hours later.
Taken aback by the stupidity and almost burning desire to turn a simple occurrence into a soap opera.

Thanks for reading!

Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Getting a little testy in here.

Eventually we're going to have that breakout game, right?
Bears 27
Giants 13
MoFugger
Head Coach

Yeah. Because such a thing has never...EVER... Occurred in the NFL before.

Just my opinion, but you seem almost desperate to have this be something it's not.
Richie
MVP

MoFugger wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 pm
Yeah. Because such a thing has never...EVER... Occurred in the NFL before.

Just my opinion, but you seem almost desperate to have this be something it's not.
I have not once even criticized the Bears or Nagy for what happened. I get it. So, it would seem that you are projecting a lot onto that post.

I do not recall a starting QB leaving the game hurt or "purely injury purposes" on a Sunday and then not missing a single beat with practice/preparation for the next game. A full go all week without a hitch. If it has happened; it is certainly not the norm. So, your incredulous reaction is not a substitute for a coherent talking point.

I find it next to impossible to believe that he would have been pulled had he been playing well. Therefore, my speculation is that it is that it was not purely for "injury". It's that simple. 2 + 2 = 4.

It's really that simple. I can't even begin to tell you how much I don't give a shit about the story. I think it's incredibly silly that fans and media are sensationalizing what happened. As if it was a monumental display of organizational incompetence.

So, go take that nonsense to someone who is actually doing that. Thanks