VIDEO; Robert Schmitz's Breakdown of the Bears offense in the Rams loss

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Dardango
Journeyman

Very well done.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I like that others starting to see the whole picture just not Mitch. I know he's not perfect by any means, but ugh this season gone to crap everywhere on offense. IDK if that's the offense not believing in Mitch so don't care or what though
BR0D1E86
MVP

bearsfaninaz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:19 pm I like that others starting to see the whole picture just not Mitch. I know he's not perfect by any means, but ugh this season gone to crap everywhere on offense. IDK if that's the offense not believing in Mitch so don't care or what though
I wouldn't read that video as some defense of Mitch. He's done entire videos about how terrible he's been this season.

But yeah, it'd be obtuse to say it's ALL Mitch. It's a matter of how much blame you assign to the many different people who deserve blame.

In terms of the running game, is say it's 60% Nagy's scene being stupid, 30% line incompetence, and 10% that defenses have zero fear that our quarterback can beat them.

In terms of the passing game, I'd put about 60-70% of the blame on Trubisky's shoulders. Nagy schemes guys open real well, and the line has been much less of an issue in pass protection than run pro.
G08
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:19 pm I like that others starting to see the whole picture just not Mitch. I know he's not perfect by any means, but ugh this season gone to crap everywhere on offense. IDK if that's the offense not believing in Mitch so don't care or what though
It's been a pure shit show:
  • The offensive line has been garbage in both the run and pass game
  • WRs have dropped the 2nd most passes in the NFL -- 1 less than league-worst Miami Dolphins
  • WRs are running incorrect routes and, even when running the correct routes, are hitting incorrect depth
  • Play-calling has been questionable at best
  • QB play has been erratic with missed throws and blown reads
It's easy and extremely lazy to sum this season up as "Mitch sucks", but that's the world we live in today. Put in the work, watch the tape, and you'll see there's a lot more going on with this offense.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Richie
MVP

G08 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:50 pm
It's been a pure shit show:
  • The offensive line has been garbage in both the run and pass game
  • WRs have dropped the 2nd most passes in the NFL -- 1 less than league-worst Miami Dolphins
  • WRs are running incorrect routes and, even when running the correct routes, are hitting incorrect depth
  • Play-calling has been questionable at best
  • QB play has been erratic with missed throws and blown reads
It's easy and extremely lazy to sum this season up as "Mitch sucks", but that's the world we live in today. Put in the work, watch the tape, and you'll see there's a lot more going on with this offense.
There does not exist one Bears fan who does not acknowledge (at least) most of those problems. Everyone understands that it's all a shitshow. I seriously have not heard a Bears fan (I know an endless amount) or read one just 100% blaming Mitch while thinking the rest is rainbows and daisies.

I'm sure that there exists some who follow the team from a distance... but it's sort of irrelevant what those people say.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i've been seeing the dropped passes stat thrown around alot the last couple of weeks and i wonder how exactly that's compiled. every time a pass glazes off the finger tips of an outstretched gabriel/cohen because mitch threw it 6 feet about their heads, are those drops? i get the urge to shout out "those are the catches you have to make!!!" as though there are somehow catches they dont have to make, but mitch sails A LOT of passes and plenty of those drops are on him.

there have been a few egregious drops this season, but i sincerely think if you were to remove those airballs where he's trying to get our midget receivers killed the drops would regress to the mean.
G08
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:35 pm i've been seeing the dropped passes stat thrown around alot the last couple of weeks and i wonder how exactly that's compiled. every time a pass glazes off the finger tips of an outstretched gabriel/cohen because mitch threw it 6 feet about their heads, are those drops? i get the urge to shout out "those are the catches you have to make!!!" as though there are somehow catches they dont have to make, but mitch sails A LOT of passes and plenty of those drops are on him.

there have been a few egregious drops this season, but i sincerely think if you were to remove those airballs where he's trying to get our midget receivers killed the drops would regress to the mean.
That's a good question... I think the way it's looked at is if the ball hits your hands and you don't complete the catch. If the DB jars it out or if it's an errant pass and you get one hand on it (Miller tip that went to INT) or a finger tip on it does not count as a drop.

Gabriel is listed as having 2 drops, for example.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"