radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (5-6)
Bears/Lions matchup history
DETROIT LIONS (3-7-1)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

Bears are pretty well solidified as bumslayers, and the Lions just lost to the fucking Redskins last week, so look for more of the same.

Bears pull out a wimpy victory.

Bears 20
Lions 18
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

This is usually the Superbowl for the Lions. IDK if we'll win, but I'm skeptical.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 21. Lions 13
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Bears: 20
Lions: 17
WagonForce
MVP

Bears 17
Lions 13
BR0D1E86
MVP

If Stafford is still out the Bears probably win something like 20-13.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

This is a pick 'em game for a good reason. This game is a coin flip. Thanksgiving is a Lions staple and they historically win those games. So I look for them to be ready to play.

But I'm going to go the Bears way, because the tape is out on Driskel and I think we can scheme up our D to mess him up. And Marvin Jones is out, so we can focus on taking away Golliday. Plus, there's always a chance the Mack got his confidence boosted against the Giants and that will carry over this week. Eddy Piniero is giddy that he can kick indoors. It's another bad team that we've been sneaking by lately.

Bears 20
Lions 16

Edit... Driskel with a hamstring is huge as running around is an effective part of his game. And he may not even play, so they could be going with QB3. Kahlil Mack and co. have to be drooling. With Gabriel and Braunecker out, will be interesting to see what Wims and Ridley can do. Somehow I'm doubting that it will be a J P Holtz breakout game, although the opportunity will be there. Updating score...

Bears 23
Lions 7
Last edited by Mikefive on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
IE
Hall of Famer

Picking up 10 again on my fantasy team and starting him over Watson this week. It's a turkey-slaying on turkey day. I'm not buying tickets this year, but will be tailgating in Eastern Market and then probably watching the game at a bar nearby.

Bear 26
Lion 13
Last edited by IE on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Well no matter how badly the Bears lose this game it probably won’t compare to the hell I’ll go through the rest of that day because Thanksgiving is at my in-laws this year. Not a sports fan, gamer, or really anything manly or semi-manly in the bunch. With a little luck my sister-in-law doesn’t bring the dog because that means the food tray should be safe in the living room. The “fun” starts later in the afternoon so I’ll get to watch the game at home.

I’ve rooted for this franchise for almost 35 years now, they can at least win this one for me.

The Lions are the Lions. They suck.

Mitch throws for 2 TDs.
Monty runs one in from the red zone.
Dinero gets a FG.

Stafford throws a couple TDs. One in garbage time.

Bears 24
Lions 14
G08
Hall of Famer

I think we see the offense take a step, however small, and the defense continues to play well while springing only one minor leak.

Bears 24
Lions 13
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

GSH
MVP

CHI 19

DET 13
Ormazd
MVP

Looking at the remaining schedule, I think this is the last realistic chance at a win.

Bears 13, Lions 10
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Richie
MVP

Ormazd wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:55 pm Looking at the remaining schedule, I think this is the last realistic chance at a win.

Bears 13, Lions 10
Eh. Dallas stinks. We get them at home on primetime. GB is not nearly as good as their record either (+16 differential and has gotten lucky in multiple games). KC is littered with flaws outside of Mahomes. The D is 3 for 3 at embarrassing Cousins.

I think they're all in the realm of realistic. We'll lose multiple of them. But another win or two after this would not shock me.
Richie
MVP

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:28 pm
I'm sure he'll play. But that would really be something. lol
Richie
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm Well no matter how badly the Bears lose this game it probably won’t compare to the hell I’ll go through the rest of that day because Thanksgiving is at my in-laws this year. Not a sports fan, gamer, or really anything manly or semi-manly in the bunch. With a little luck my sister-in-law doesn’t bring the dog because that means the food tray should be safe in the living room. The “fun” starts later in the afternoon so I’ll get to watch the game at home.

I’ve rooted for this franchise for almost 35 years now, they can at least win this one for me.

Mitch throws for 2 TDs.
Dinero gets a FG.

Bears 24
Lions 14
Stafford has back fractures and hasn't played in a while. Listed doubtful already and reports state him as being "extremely unlikely to play".
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:06 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm Well no matter how badly the Bears lose this game it probably won’t compare to the hell I’ll go through the rest of that day because Thanksgiving is at my in-laws this year. Not a sports fan, gamer, or really anything manly or semi-manly in the bunch. With a little luck my sister-in-law doesn’t bring the dog because that means the food tray should be safe in the living room. The “fun” starts later in the afternoon so I’ll get to watch the game at home.

Mitch throws for 2 TDs.
Dinero gets a FG.

Bears 24
Lions 14
Stafford has back fractures and hasn't played in a while. Listed doubtful already and reports state him as being "extremely unlikely to play".
You're 3-7-1 and your star QB has back fractures. Why on earth would you play him?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Richie
MVP

Mikefive wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 pm

You're 3-7-1 and your star QB has back fractures. Why on earth would you play him?
Because Lions... I guess?

They seriously keep insisting that he will be back at some point.

I saw a report yesterday of a "rumor" that there were "talks" of a shutdown. A) How on Earth is that only just happening? B) Why does it even need to be discussed? C) He still isn't on IR. So it doesn't appear that anything came of this. At least, for now.

Rather incredible. Maybe Patricia is scared that his ass is grass (he should be) and thinks bringing back Stafford to win a few would demonstrate that he can win with their franchise QB healthy. Therefore, he deserves another year?
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 am If Stafford is still out the Bears probably win something like 20-13.
Not only is Stafford going to be out, it looks like their backup Driskel will be not playing either.

The score at halftime? 0-0 in a defensive snooze fest not caused by tryptophan.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mitch throws for 2 TDs.
Dinero gets a FG.

Bears 24
Lions 14
Thanks for letting me know.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bears 16

Lions 10

Underwhelming game. Piniero hits 3 for 3 aided by playing indoors.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Heard on the radio that there's a movement encouraging fans to boycott the game.

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Like that has ever worked.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Even if Driskel plays we now have a month of tape on him. And a short week works to Mitch's advantage, not a lot of new stuff to learn. I don't expect it to be close.. But then again I'm a total homer.

Bears 30
Lions 9
Middleguard
MVP

I like the Bears by 2.5 points. UOK already predicted 20-18, so I'll go with
Bears 20
Lions 17
Richie
MVP

ramentaschen wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:50 am
BR0D1E86 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 am If Stafford is still out the Bears probably win something like 20-13.
Not only is Stafford going to be out, it looks like their backup Driskel will be not playing either.

The score at halftime? 0-0 in a defensive snooze fest not caused by tryptophan.
Not sure where you saw that. Driskel was listed as limited on Monday's report. Could easily get a full practice in today or tomorrow. Be removed from the injury report completely.

Slim chance he does not play, IMO. It would be nice, though.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Hamstrings are weird. On a short week too. Seems like alot of his game is using is legs, so can he be a statue in the pocket if he needs to?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I think that this is a blowout. The Lions are reeling, and without their veteran QB, on a short week, they fall apart early. I think that Mitch plays well in the 1st and 3rd quarters, and throws for over 300 yds with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. With Gabriel most likely out, the Bears start Robinson, Wims and Miller. With Miller in the slot, that proves to be solid combo. Montgomery still can't see any cut back lanes due to horrible field vision, and has 15 carries for under 50 yards. But does get a TD. Defense shows up early and often. Fuller has a pick.

Bears - 27
Lions - 13