Peanut Butter (also grocery stores)

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Xee wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:48 pm
wab wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:44 pm You’ll never convince me that by and large “organic” is a marketing tactic.
Is or isn't?
Isn’t... my bad
Drone7
Player of the Month

That would be quite the irony.
Xee
Site Admin

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:08 pm PBJ is the very definition of comfort food. Although I do prefer shredded coconut or chocolate chips instead of the J sometimes.
This intrigues me. Love coconut but never thought of pairing it with peanut butter. I'm going to have to try it.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Just bought Skippy's Natural PB. They add a bit of sugar and palm oil but no xylitol and other unmentionable food additives. It doesn't separate like other naturals. Very good flavor. The wife only eats creamy, I much prefer chunky but what's a guy going to do. Still love PBJ sandwiches, always will. PB on toasted rye bread, great breakfast.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
UOK
Site Admin

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are also incredible. Elvis knew what he was doing.
wab
Mod

My dad eats PB and Lays chips sandwiches. I've never understood that.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 am My dad eats PB and Lays chips sandwiches. I've never understood that.
Salty+sweet is a hard thing to deflect, but I feel like that would require a gulp of water with every bite.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 am My dad eats PB and Lays chips sandwiches. I've never understood that.
When there are plain potato chips in the house I will do the same. I am a texture guy, like to have a crunch. People say eat crunchy peanut butter, not the same crunch. I will eat crunchy if that is all there is. I rarely buy it now, my daughter is out of the house.
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 am
When there are plain potato chips in the house I will do the same. I am a texture guy, like to have a crunch. People say eat crunchy peanut butter, not the same crunch. I will eat crunchy if that is all there is. I rarely buy it now, my daughter is out of the house.
I think it's a texture thing with my dad also. But that dude will put plain potato chips on about anything.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

That’s actually pretty good. When I go that route I prefer Fritos, but yeah potato chips works.

Remember Fun Fruits? I knew people when I was a kid who would put those on a sandwich with peanut butter.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Just hit up Aldis on Saturday night. Cart full of stuff, probably half of what I would have paid at the usual store (Hy Vee). I will say you have to watch out anywhere you shop though. There was some items that were priced higher there than at other stores. Apples were sky high at Aldis.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I know it sounds all kinds of wrong, but my grandma used to make us peanut butter, mayonnaise and banana sandwiches. They are amazing, but it's impossible to get my wife or kids to even consider trying it.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:44 pm I know it sounds all kinds of wrong, but my grandma used to make us peanut butter, mayonnaise and banana sandwiches. They are amazing, but it's impossible to get my wife or kids to even consider trying it.
your grandma was an Elvis fan I take it? sounds like his signature snack except his were fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, with mayonnaise on the outside of the bread instead of butter
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Grilled peanut butter sandwiches are also good.

PBJ sandwiches with chili, only way to do it. Anyone choose this combo?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:38 pm
Xee wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Is or isn't?
Isn’t... my bad
It's all bullshit by people who consume these things trying to sound more important than they are. Probably the same batch of folks that have a phony bread allergy because teevee told them there are people who really have a gluten problem. They just do it as a talking point for the watercooler.

The big secret is to eat like a normal person from a few decades ago and do some exercise. You don't need a gym membership, a weight bench or a treadmill in the house. Just go outside and do some shit. Stay mobile. Have a hobby that requires physical activity. Keep the fast "food" to once a week.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:06 am
wab wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:38 pm

Isn’t... my bad
It's all bullshit by people who consume these things trying to sound more important than they are. Probably the same batch of folks that have a phony bread allergy because teevee told them there are people who really have a gluten problem. They just do it as a talking point for the watercooler.

The big secret is to eat like a normal person from a few decades ago and do some exercise. You don't need a gym membership, a weight bench or a treadmill in the house. Just go outside and do some shit. Stay mobile. Have a hobby that requires physical activity. Keep the fast "food" to once a week.
BINGO
Drone7
Player of the Month

So people that strive for greater health knowledge and want to consume cleaner food and water...

instead of being treated by the industrial food industry like a pack of guinea pigs...are on an ego trip?

You keep eating your pop tarts and Doritos

Big Ag will pass you on to benevolent Big Pharma 8-)
wab
Mod

Drone7 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:36 am So people that strive for greater health knowledge and want to consume cleaner food and water...

instead of being treated by the industrial food industry like a pack of guinea pigs...are on an ego trip?

Whut
UOK
Site Admin

Drone7 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:36 am So people that strive for greater health knowledge and want to consume cleaner food and water...

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

What just happened here? :shock:
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:35 pm What just happened here? :shock:
I'm eating Doritos at this very moment.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Boris13c wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:16 pmyour grandma was an Elvis fan I take it?
Haha... yes she was. She's the reason I was a huge Elvis fan by age 8.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Anyone had PB on a burger? I have seen it done in burger joints but have never tried it.

What say you?
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:48 pm Anyone had PB on a burger? I have seen it done in burger joints but have never tried it.

What say you?
Absolutely yes. The best burger I've ever had in my entire life was in Scottsdale at a place called Rehab Burger Therapy. Burger, PB, grape jelly, sriracha, and bacon. I spent two years in AZ for work and ate so so so so so many of them.

I've tried, but have never been able to replicate it.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Definitely a peanut butter lover as well. PBJ's need to be triple layered though. PB on two slices of bread, jelly on both sides of 3rd (inside) slice . Grew up poor with 2 brothers, and that was how my mom gave us "2 sandwiches".

I tend to make my own milkshakes all summer, because I can't get enough and I hate to drop $5 on a milkshake. Peanut butter is definitely added on a regular basis
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Xee
Site Admin

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:27 pm Definitely a peanut butter lover as well. PBJ's need to be triple layered though. PB on two slices of bread, jelly on both sides of 3rd (inside) slice . Grew up poor with 2 brothers, and that was how my mom gave us "2 sandwiches".
You know, no one mentioned the PB to J ratio which I think is pretty important. You definitely need to be careful on the PB but go heavy on the J. There's nothing worse than taking a bite and getting a mouthful of peanut butter but no jelly to cut it.
Drone7
Player of the Month

Xee wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:55 pm
You know, no one mentioned the PB to J ratio which I think is pretty important. You definitely need to be careful on the PB but go heavy on the J. There's nothing worse than taking a bite and getting a mouthful of peanut butter but no jelly to cut it.
Amen, Xee!

Nothing worse than a dry sandwich. Or the reverse--an overly goopy one (although that is better than the former)

I've had SO MANY bad burgers, sandwiches of every composition, because the maker didn't know how to put the ingredients together well. And most of these were in shops. :ashamed: I'm a sando or "guiche" connoisseur.

That would make a good, endless thread: where to find 'em; how to make 'em. :thumbsup:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Peanut butter buttercream frosting is my new thing. Gotta have this on chocolate cake.

Peanut butter on warm tortillas.

Aldi brand, Benton Peanut Butter filled cookies, better than the Girl Scout kind and much cheaper.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Gotta say as a Keto guy, I eat it with a spoon. Love Crazy Richards from Walmart or Meijer, 100% peanuts. The oil is simply dealt with by slowly stirring before eating.
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
docc
Head Coach

Just bought the two pack of Skippy at Costco.. Not really brand guy,, My Dad loved Skippy,,

I like it on bread..or celery..
Low carb..great for a Diabetic