Greg Olsen anyone?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

I bought my Horsted jersey in the preseason, so don't bother being a follower, folks. LOL

I do think that Olsen's presence could really help. Maybe Olsen could teach Horsted how to not wait until year 5 to become a well-rounded TE. Horsted doesn't have the early round pick privilege of several years of matador blocking and alligator-arm 60% catch rates. If he doesn't learn the TE game this year, he's going to be working at Home Depot next year. Oh wait... Princeton folks don't work at HD. Maybe he'll be working on leveraged buyouts of HD.

UOK edit: Stop.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

@IE / @dplank

I've modified/deleted several of your posts. You both know better (or should). Please shape up.

If you either/both of you have more to say, reach out via PM.
IE
Hall of Famer

I'm good.
UOK
Site Admin

IE
Hall of Famer

Bills would seem to be a great fit.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

IE wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:21 pm Bills would seem to be a great fit.
I could see it, although the Rivera connection in Washington may win out.
spudbear
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:13 pm
Olsen had almost 600 yds in 14 games last year, we could only dream about production like that this past season from the TE spot. He proved he could stay healthy after two injury shortened previous seasons and his averages for the season on YPC, YAC, catch rate were right in line with his career averages so he can still be productive.

Cam is expensive, doesn't complete above 60 percent, and has been very injury riddled the last two seasons as the cumulative hits have taken their toll between his shoulders and feet breaking down. He was a beast at one point in time because of the extreme dual threat, but as his running has decreased his passing hasn't gotten any better.

I actually think he may at least start the season in Carolina, try to prove he is healthy again and then be moved during the season. Too many other QB options are floating out there that don't cost draft picks to trade for right now for anyone to trade for him IMO.
Pretty good take. I watch a fair amount of Panthers football since I live in Mayberry. Panthers fans are done with Cam but he may hang around another season as he is still owed a bunch of money and their other 2 QB's have some issues. Losing Keuchly is a major blow for Carolina. Along with the problems they have with Cam as well as hiring a new coach they look like they're ready for rebuild mode.

Since the time he was in the SB, he has lost his confidence and has had a fork sticking out of his back. The season after the SB teams found out they could knock him hard, to the point where he was crying to the refs. He still has some wheels if he could get over the foot injury but he prefers to sit back in the pocket. No thanks.

Olsen would be better than what we have on the roster for now, which is a sad state of affairs. I'm afraid he'd trod along Jimmy Graham territory, showing an occasional flash but not being a #1 TE. I hope Pace can dig up something better.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Jesus. Just sign him already Pace. He's breaking my heart.
spudbear
MVP

According to what I heard on the NFL channel last night, Olsen has visits scheduled with Seattle, Buffalo and the Potomacs. No Chicago unless there's a layover in O'Hare.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

just popping in to give a quick FUCK YOU to mike martz.

fuck you, mike martz.
dplank
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:49 am just popping in to give a quick FUCK YOU to mike martz.

fuck you, mike martz.
:rofl: :rofl:
UOK
Site Admin

RustyTrubisky wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:49 am just popping in to give a quick FUCK YOU to mike martz.

fuck you, mike martz.
Derailing the thread a bit here, but here's Cutler talking about Martz in a recent interview. Kinda interesting.

Xee
Site Admin

UOK wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 am

fuck you, mike martz.
Derailing the thread a bit here, but here's Cutler talking about Martz in a recent interview. Kinda interesting.

Man, Cutler seems like he'd be a cool guy to just hang out with. Sucks we weren't able to get all the pieces in place while he was here.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Also in that podcast Jay Cutler also wants to join the USA handball team and guarantees gold.

Now Twitter handball is going nuts and I can't get enough of it. Like obviously he couldn't but I love the nerd rage from these guys.