Update: Bears going for #2 pick, Mack involved?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Just for reference:

The Goff trade was the 15th overall, 2 2nds (43 and 45), a 3rd, and a future 1st and 3rd (plus they got a late pick back) . The Bears currently lack the mid round 1st and the 3rd, and their one second is 5 slots lower. And I think it would take them more than that.
wab
Mod

This is a ridiculous and unfounded rumor by a nobody.
1 - the locker room would implode.
2 - it would take a decade to recover from the cap fallout and loss of draft capital.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:00 am This is a ridiculous and unfounded rumor by a nobody.
1 - the locker room would implode.
2 - it would take a decade to recover from the cap fallout and loss of draft capital.
It feels gross to treat this unfounded slop to it's own thread, but gotta do my duty to "inform."
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Sure, let's take on a $45 mil dead cap hit when we already are in a tight spot. lmao
G08
Hall of Famer

Ya know, I'm sure there are "discussions" because Pace has said teams are always talking to each other.

Doesn't mean it's bound to happen or is anything more than a thought they wanted to investigate.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

G08 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 am Ya know, I'm sure there are "discussions" because Pace has said teams are always talking to each other.

Doesn't mean it's bound to happen or is anything more than a thought they wanted to investigate.
Pace: Hey, whatchu want for that pick?
Ciny: Errythang
Pace: Lol oh shit..NVM
dplank
Hall of Famer

Pace isn't doing his job if he isn't talking with other GM's. This is peak rumor season with most of it complete BS / conjecture, so I don't worry much about it.

I'd be pretty pissed if we moved Mack.
Xee
Site Admin

wab wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:02 am
G08 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 am Ya know, I'm sure there are "discussions" because Pace has said teams are always talking to each other.

And you know if that's all it was and a blogger/journalist got wind of it, they would still release an article titled "Blockbuster Khalil Mack Trade Imminent!" and quote "sources in the NFL" in their article.
wab
Mod

Xee wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:02 pm
wab wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:02 am

And you know if that's all it was and a blogger/journalist got wind of it, they would still release an article titled "Blockbuster Khalil Mack Trade Imminent!" and quote "sources in the NFL" in their article.
Right, it's like when I stopped on my way home from work one day and looked at a G-Wagon. I asked the salesman how much it was, he told me, I chuckled and went home.

I get home, mention to my wife that I stopped and for two days she was like OMG you are NOT trading your car for a G-Wagon, and then friends started saying "hey I heard your were getting a G-Wagon".

No.. I just stopped to see how much they cost.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Sugashane wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 am Sure, let's take on a $45 mil dead cap hit when we already are in a tight spot. lmao
Overthecap does show a lessor hit in a trade, but yea they'd still be in the red just to trade him.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

just curious, has this Sileo knob posting stuff he is pulling out of his ass ever had a legitimate story? I see by his bio he is some kind of sports host for something but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a legitimate source for actual sports news ... he could be one of the many National Enquirer type rumor mongers

his inability to keep jobs in the industry seems to imply he is less than desirable or functional :

Radio Lunk Dan Sileo Loses Three Gigs Within A Year
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

The fact that anyone would even be willing to include Bears on that list, even as a rumor, shows how the national media think about the Bears. I'm usually giving them a little benefit of the doubt because I know they don't obsess on Bears details like us but wtf seriously this team was 12-4 then 8-8. Why do they think our GM would be starting a 5 year rebuild this year by trading his best player with no way to replace him? It's ban-level trolling or ban-level stupid on our board yet here it is from someone who calls himself an expert
xyt in the discord chats
docc
Head Coach

So..congrats on the G-Wagon Wab..
What color did you get ? Silver looks so MB on them..
That Mod pay just keeps growing..8-)