Potential Target: CB Josh Norman

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

Stealing UOK's format :o

Norman was released by the Foreskins to save 12M. Seems like the type of corner that could excel if there's great pressure up front, and sux if not. Risk taking, boom/bust type.

If he goes without a suitor for a while, maybe we can nab him on a 1 year prove it deal and net a compensatory pick if we don't resign him the following year. We'll call that, the "Dix Move" lol...
UOK
Site Admin

Meh. Guy is on the wrong side of 30 and has played like absolute shit the last few years. I don't see him taking a 1-year "prove it" deal anywhere. Some dumbass team will over pay him in both money and years. Let's hope it's not the Bears.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:53 pm Meh. Guy is on the wrong side of 30 and has played like absolute shit the last few years. I don't see him taking a 1-year "prove it" deal anywhere. Some dumbass team will over pay him in both money and years. Let's hope it's not the Bears.
This
His play was starting to decline when Carolina let him walk. Then Rivera gets hired and the over priced, under performing Norman gets terminated. Don't have to look too hard at this to see it for what it is.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
G08
Hall of Famer

Unrelated but Vernon Hargreaves just got released... sucked thus far in the NFL but still under 25. Might be worth kicking the tires on the cheap.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

No on Norman. He hasn’t been good for a while.

Maybe on Hargreaves.
Kylo Bearen
Player of the Month

Norman was one of the weakest links on one of the worst defenses in the league. There's a reason he got cut...by his former head coach, nonetheless.
IE
Hall of Famer

He was never good on the Skins, was he? I remember when he left the Panthers there was some talk about him having some limitations that were covered up on the Panthers and the Skins weren't getting the shut down corner they were expecting for that big deal. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, though. lol
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
EricTighe
MVP

I was so high on Hargreaves coming out of college. Well until he ran that 40. Slow. But maybe in bump and run with good pass-rushing team who knows maybe he could excel. I would kick the tires. I would sign if the price is right.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I've always thought of him as a pure cover-2 guy so maybe the Colts for him? They can afford it.

I'm still hopeful that Prince will restructure and the attention can shift to signing an EDGE to help Mack
xyt in the discord chats