Bears hot on the TE trail?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Troutman looked more flexible in the senior bowl clips I have seen.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... m-trautman

Looks like our scouts have spoken with Trautman. Spending 35 minutes with Pinkney seems like they may be leaning towards a TE with one of the 2nd rounders..... but man, if Trautman is still there on day 3, I'd love to see Pace pick this kid up.

"Trautman had one of the best lines of the week when he said he prefers driving opposing defenders into the ground against their will over scoring touchdowns"
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Could be s smoke screen by Pace, we know how he loves those. Not saying they don't need a TE, but Pace is not so obvious about things.
G08
Hall of Famer

As I reported before Senior Bowl practices even began, Trautman was already receiving second round grades around the league and was being considered by many as the top tight end from the senior class. He did nothing to disprove that opinion and in fact, he further strengthened it. The Dayton product displayed himself to be a complete player at the tight end position and, if nothing else, dispelled the belief by some that he’s not worth a day two pick.
I don't think Trautman makes it out of day 2.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

The hype he’s getting, he might not make it out of the 20’s.
cblaz11
MVP

People keep saying this is a weak TE class yet the more I dig in, I disagree.

I really like some of these TEs coming out. The kid from Stanford really isn’t being mentioned but I’m predicting he will climb the board as we get through the combine and closer to draft day.
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

Cool video of Trautman with a dominant block on a play in the Senior Bowl:

G08
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:00 pm People keep saying this is a weak TE class yet the more I dig in, I disagree.

I really like some of these TEs coming out. The kid from Stanford really isn’t being mentioned but I’m predicting he will climb the board as we get through the combine and closer to draft day.
Brycen Hopkins
Cole Kmet
Adam Trautman
Hunter Bryant
Harrison Bryant
Stephen Sullivan
Colby Parkinson
Jared Pinkney

I'd be happy with two of these dudes, honestly. Grab Hopkins at #43 if he's there and see if you can get Sullivan/Parkinson/Pinkney on day 3 of the draft.

Kylo Bearen
Player of the Month

I've heard some really good buzz for Thaddeus Moss, from LSU.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windyc ... ing-report

And his on filed efforts look legit!
[video][/video]
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:10 am
As I reported before Senior Bowl practices even began, Trautman was already receiving second round grades around the league and was being considered by many as the top tight end from the senior class. He did nothing to disprove that opinion and in fact, he further strengthened it. The Dayton product displayed himself to be a complete player at the tight end position and, if nothing else, dispelled the belief by some that he’s not worth a day two pick.
I don't think Trautman makes it out of day 2.
He does Uche nasty in this route...

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Since posting my concern a few days ago, the Senior Bowl has made me feel better about this TE class. A couple guys emerged and #3 or #4 is looking more attractive.

Btw, I watched lots of LSU this year with my local buddies I like Moss as a move TE, but don't know that he can block. He's fat so you think he'll hit somebody but not really. He's a big-bodied matchup guy
xyt in the discord chats
wab
Mod

crueltyabc wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 pm Btw, I watched lots of LSU this year with my local buddies I like Moss as a move TE, but don't know that he can block. He's fat so you think he'll hit somebody but not really. He's a big-bodied matchup guy
I don't like him honestly. He's Jermaine Wiggins without the blocking.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

wab wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:32 pm
crueltyabc wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 pm Btw, I watched lots of LSU this year with my local buddies I like Moss as a move TE, but don't know that he can block. He's fat so you think he'll hit somebody but not really. He's a big-bodied matchup guy
I don't like him honestly. He's Jermaine Wiggins without the blocking.
60 TDs thrown by the QB and the TE ends the season with only 4 TDs... not an inspiring red zone target, IMO
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I'd like to see us draft a "U" to eventually replace Burton, I believe Moss is a "Y".
EricTighe
MVP

I believe this is a weak TE class that has some potential in it.

Stephen Sullivan, Colby Parkinson and Jacob Breeland could be the best 0f the group.

Two sleepers
Devin Asiasi from UCLA that people said should have stayed in school.
Matthew Wilkerson, TE, Edward Waters good luck finding that school. Just got done watching film on him and he may be my favorite TE in this class now. Lets see if his numbers match the workout numbers? The kid is a BEAST and can play special teams. He was DE and TE for his school. here is some video. this is a huge sleeper.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/sleeper ... 55/page-10
G08
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:07 pm
wab wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:38 pm
Fair point. I could see Kmet and Hopkins going early. Kmet is going to get some Kittle comps.
I've watched a little bit of Kmet and I think he's a little bit stiff in the hips man. Curious to see his cone to help confirm or reject my concern.
7.44 cone.

4.7 dash.

EricTighe
MVP

Forget TE we going after Hooper.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

EricTighe wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm I believe this is a weak TE class that has some potential in it.

Stephen Sullivan, Colby Parkinson and Jacob Breeland could be the best 0f the group.

Two sleepers
Devin Asiasi from UCLA that people said should have stayed in school.
Matthew Wilkerson, TE, Edward Waters good luck finding that school. Just got done watching film on him and he may be my favorite TE in this class now. Lets see if his numbers match the workout numbers? The kid is a BEAST and can play special teams. He was DE and TE for his school. here is some video. this is a huge sleeper.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/sleeper ... 55/page-10

I am with you on Sullivan. Think he's going to be a steal - he will be in pretty much all my mocks to the Bears