QB Prospect Discussion: Jake Fromm, Georgia

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Fromm in the 4th would be pretty perfect.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Yeah, if he fell there I wouldn't have much problem taking him.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I would be stoked to get this kid in the 4th. Add your Dalton/Keenum/Mariotta guy to be the #2 with a shot to win the job and our QB room will be light years ahead of where it's been.

IMO we should be drafting a mid to late round QB every single year to try and unseat the #3.
G08
Hall of Famer

I could get on board with Fromm in round 4.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I don’t think there’s much chance he’s ever better than a cheap backup. It makes sense to have a young cheap backup behind a veteran starter but I don’t think we’ll have a veteran starter next year so I wouldn’t pass on a potential contributor draft pick for Fromm. The 4th will still have good WRs and maybe DBs. There might be a toolsy TE or OL available that could be a future starter.
xyt in the discord chats
EricTighe
MVP

I can personally see the comparison to Chase Daniels. Minus the 10 million a year.

The biggest problem I have with Fromm is this.
My rankings at QB

1. Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
2. Joe Burrow, LSU
3. Jacob Eason, Washington
4. Justin Herbert, Oregon
5. Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma
6. Jordan Love, Utah State
7. Cole McDonald, Hawaii
8. Tyler Huntley
9. Anthony Gordon, Washington State
10. Kelly Bryant, Mizzu
11. Jake Fromm, Georgia
12. Bryce Perkins, Virginia

I personally have 10 guys I like more.

Now if you put 11 and 12 together then we can talk :) They both seem to have what the other doesn't.
edep12
Journeyman

I should probably begin by saying that I know Jake personally and I’m a huge UGA homer.

My son is a recent UGA grad and I coached Jake (& my son) in one of the most competitive Little League programs in the country. Jake was a leader at the age of 10 and not because he was the best kid on the team (at that point he wasn’t) but because that kid oozes ‘leader.’ You heard the broadcasters talking about it ad nauseum for every national broadcast (& they still undersold him IMO) I understand that he doesn’t have the big arm some others have but what I can guarantee you is that he is going to know the offense he gets put into better than the vets and as well as the coaches by Game 1 and as Bears fans I would think making the right read and getting the ball in the right place on time would trump the huge arm guys (Cutler) or the athletic runner (Mitch). Same applies to college where he beat out the big arm guy (Eason) and the athlete (Fields). Two guys who were #1 recruits in the country when UGA signed them.

I personally believe he has the ability to get his offense into the best play in the same way Peyton Manning did and have his guys ready to run through walls for him much like Drew Brees. And while he might not put up gaudy numbers he is going to win a lot of games for you through leadership, cunning, and execution. And the moment will never be too big for him.

And don’t underestimate his arm either. He made a living outside the numbers in the best conference in college football while playing a TON of big games.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:22 pm
G08 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 pm Jake Fromm State Farm? 🤔
This is hanging in my office...
Too funny, but definitely needs a picture...

Or two:

wab
Mod

Yogi da Bear wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 pm
wab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:22 pm
This is hanging in my office...

Or two:

Fun fact - I came up with that commercial.
G08
Hall of Famer

edep12 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:55 pm I should probably begin by saying that I know Jake personally and I’m a huge UGA homer.

My son is a recent UGA grad and I coached Jake (& my son) in one of the most competitive Little League programs in the country. Jake was a leader at the age of 10 and not because he was the best kid on the team (at that point he wasn’t) but because that kid oozes ‘leader.’ You heard the broadcasters talking about it ad nauseum for every national broadcast (& they still undersold him IMO) I understand that he doesn’t have the big arm some others have but what I can guarantee you is that he is going to know the offense he gets put into better than the vets and as well as the coaches by Game 1 and as Bears fans I would think making the right read and getting the ball in the right place on time would trump the huge arm guys (Cutler) or the athletic runner (Mitch). Same applies to college where he beat out the big arm guy (Eason) and the athlete (Fields). Two guys who were #1 recruits in the country when UGA signed them.

I personally believe he has the ability to get his offense into the best play in the same way Peyton Manning did and have his guys ready to run through walls for him much like Drew Brees. And while he might not put up gaudy numbers he is going to win a lot of games for you through leadership, cunning, and execution. And the moment will never be too big for him.

And don’t underestimate his arm either. He made a living outside the numbers in the best conference in college football while playing a TON of big games.
Good info, thanks! I was good with taking him in the 4th when we had pick #140. I'm not so sure I see it happening when we pick in round 5 unless we try to move up.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 am
Yogi da Bear wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Or two:

You came up with one of the greatest commercials of all time? Who are you, Don Draper?
wab
Mod

The Cooler King wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:39 am
wab wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 am

You came up with one of the greatest commercials of all time? Who are you, Don Draper?
I did, yes. And not quite Don Draper. They don't let us drink bourbon at The Farm.