Cutler divorces Kristin Cavallari after 10 years

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

He gone
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

If she keeps her show, the ratings will suffer now. They just seemed to have some sex and cohabitate. I would check into that shit show and laugh my ass off whenever Cutty was on the screen. When he was not, I did the ole FF til he was.
Xee
Site Admin

It may have been the best decision but sucks for their kids. Just saw they have a 7, 5, and 4 year-old so they're definitely going to have a hard time processing it.
UOK
Site Admin

Xee wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:13 pm It may have been the best decision but sucks for their kids. Just saw they have a 7, 5, and 4 year-old so they're definitely going to have a hard time processing it.
At least Jay will be able to vaccinate them if he gets shared custody.
Xee
Site Admin

Completely forgot about that @@UOK . Maybe this lockdown was the last straw.
MoFugger
Head Coach

I guess there is nothing Cutler won't tap out of.
UOK
Site Admin

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/06/kristin- ... -get-a-job

But sources say that after his broadcasting career faltered, the ever-ambitious Cavallari, who announced in late April that the pair were splitting, found him “unmotivated” and even “lazy” — while he found that he had a penchant for hanging out with their three kids and menagerie of animals on their Tennessee farm.

“She was growing increasingly impatient with him. He was supposed to take this big job at Fox Sports and have a life after football that would get him up off the couch and do something,” said an insider. “Instead, he backed out — this is [three] years ago — and joined the [Miami] Dolphins. That didn’t pan out well, and he was left with no TV gig until she got the show for them.”

In 2017, after eight seasons with the Bears, Cutler retired to pursue a broadcasting career, then came out of retirement and spent one injury-marred season with the Dolphins.

The couple moved on to star in the E! reality series “Very Cavallari,” which follows her jewelry business and their family and has so far aired for three seasons.

The source added that Cavallari “views herself as very polished and put together, and [Cutler as] this lazy, unmotivated guy.”

Cutler has lately been mulling another attempt at a broadcasting career, and — according to their reality show — has had offers from CBS and ESPN.
Xee
Site Admin

So the dude puts in the work, plays professional football for 11 years, saves enough money to never have to work another day in his life and she's mad that's what he wants to do? Personally, that's the dream of a lot of people. Never having to work again and instead spend time with friends/family and pursuing your own hobbies/interests.

Looks like it's a case of two people with clearly different motivations in life.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Exactly. Retirement means I do nothing bitch!!!! She just has a brand and wants to be known, she wants her brand to be who she is. She has to be out there pushing, marketing. Her kids be damned, she has put herself #1.
Xee
Site Admin

I'm not willing to go that far @Otis Day because I know people who have no interests in life outside of work. On Mondays when I'd see them in the office I'd ask what they did over the weekend and it's clear they just killed time until they were able to come back.

People like us, we'd be thrilled to retire early. People like them, they'll probably work until they're no longer physically able to do so.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Retirement for me...……….in about 10 yrs unfortunately for me. My youngest has about 2.5-3 yrs left of college. We are helping him as much as the others. This is the time in my life I am supposed to be getting out of debt, I am going deeper. It sucks, but it is what you do for your kids.

In my field the pay is shit and for over half the years I have been doing it, no raises as the State can't seem to figure out how to handle money.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I think she probably fell in the no go zone on the crazy/hotness chart.

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I still love old Cutty.
UOK
Site Admin

Man, this thing is getting ugly. Go Jay.
wab
Mod

I was a fan of Jay Cutler the QB. I'm a bigger fan of Jay Cutler the man haha.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

According to the Daily Mail:
Cavallari wants primary physical custody of their three kids, child support, and for her estranged husband to pay for their health insurance.

She claimed that Cutler wasn't available as a father to their kids in her filing, which he denied in his filing.

She is also asking for Cutler to maintain a life insurance policy with her listed as the sole beneficiary.
She's rich but wants child support. I'm sure Cutler is more than happy to provide for his children. Is there a reason she shouldn't contribute towards their health insurance too though?

Cutler wasn't available as a father to their kids, yet has 'penchant for hanging out' with them?

She wants Cutler to continue to pay for a life insurance with her as the sole beneficiary? WTF?! :shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

Sucks this is all out in public for everyone to see. Poor kids.

I hope Jay at least gets them long enough to vaccinate them.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:27 pm According to the Daily Mail:
Cavallari wants primary physical custody of their three kids, child support, and for her estranged husband to pay for their health insurance.

She claimed that Cutler wasn't available as a father to their kids in her filing, which he denied in his filing.

She is also asking for Cutler to maintain a life insurance policy with her listed as the sole beneficiary.
She's rich but wants child support. I'm sure Cutler is more than happy to provide for his children. Is there a reason she shouldn't contribute towards their health insurance too though?

Cutler wasn't available as a father to their kids, yet has 'penchant for hanging out' with them?

She wants Cutler to continue to pay for a life insurance with her as the sole beneficiary? WTF?! :shocked:
Her business must not be as kick ass as she thinks it should be. What about the pre nup?
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Knowing Cutler, she probably got intercepted by a Packer defensive back. lol
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I agree with the retirement aspect ... unless you are really a workaholic, there will be no motivation for finding another full time gig once you retire from your primary one ... my big post retirement gig was being the extra bartender on Friday nights at my friend's bar, and an occasional Saturday ... of course that has been on hold for a while now

there isn't a huge age gap between Cutler and Cavallari but there certainly seems to be a communication gap regarding expectations and teamwork

as for divorce, I have some experience on that road and it sucks ... my thought is the traditional wedding vows say "til death do us part" or something similar ... so with that in mind, if you want to get divorced, matching 9mm's, ten paces, turn and fire ... much less painful than a modern day divorce even if you're the one that gets shot ... offered that to my last ex but she declined, telling me she knew I was a better shot

and of course it's the kids who are going to get the most pain from this ... doesn't matter if they are financially taken care of ... the emotional crap from their divorcing parents is going to leave some painful scars
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Jay should definitely stay "lazy" and hang out with kids while the divorce is going on. Only afterwards, should he even try to get an announcer's gig. Or do anything else for that matter.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Single Jay is already better entertainment than married Jay.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire. ... hands/amp/
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

hunches don’t solve mysteries, which is why Cutler plans on staying up all night — in a tree house — watching over the chicken coop to see who the culprit is.
I'm going to imagine Jay sleeping in a tree every night, with no sissy fluff like a treehouse
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Jay working for his own show. I would watch.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I think jay might have a weasel.

$20 if it’s the cat it gets shot.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.