Peanut Butter (also grocery stores)

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

wulfy
MVP

One more peanut butter hack: mix a spoonful of peanut butter with Ramen Noodles. (not the fancy schmancy Ramen Noodles, the 99 cents one you bought in college.) You'll thank me later! :D
UOK
Site Admin

I was listening to a podcast about peanut butter the other day and one host mentioned a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich, saying it was delicious. Anyone tried this? I can't bring myself to do it.
wab
Mod

UOK wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 am I was listening to a podcast about peanut butter the other day and one host mentioned a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich, saying it was delicious. Anyone tried this? I can't bring myself to do it.
No, but my mom eats peanut butter and butter sandwiches. Which I grew up eating. And hated.

I like mayo on certain things. I don't think a PB sandwich would be one of them.
UOK
Site Admin

Update: I ate a PB and mayo sandwich for lunch and...surprisingly decent.

It was definitely odd, but not all that weird. The two things compliment each other pretty well. The best thing for it would've been some lettuce, honestly.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
UOK wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:26 am I was listening to a podcast about peanut butter the other day and one host mentioned a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich, saying it was delicious. Anyone tried this? I can't bring myself to do it.
No, but my mom eats peanut butter and butter sandwiches. Which I grew up eating. And hated.

I like mayo on certain things. I don't think a PB sandwich would be one of them.
90% of the time I put butter on my PBJ sandwiches and on toast. I have also just ate PB and butter sandwiches, yummy. Has to be real butter though.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Try the peanut butter, mayo and banana sandwich. It's amazing.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Used to make peanut butter toast and put tomato soup over top. called it "fake pizza" as a kid.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Grilled peanut butter sandwich, dipped in tomato soup. :o
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 am Grilled peanut butter sandwich, dipped in tomato soup. :o
I grew up watching my grandparents and parents eat milk-toast for breakfast.
peanut butter toast with tomato soup wasn't much of a stretch.

easy enough to try next time you're having some tomato soup...toast a piece of bread, spread some peanut butter and try a bite with soup.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!