Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

More Press Stuff

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/289 ... aun-watson
"COULD DEANDRE HOPKINS TRADE HELP DESHAUN WATSON"

and then this:
"https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... w-weapons/"

“They are doing a heck of a job adding a lot of veteran guys that have played a lot of football at the highest level,”Watson
“We’re excited about the veteran weapons, the new weapons that we have,” Watson told Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle while discussing his summer reading program. “Over the past couple of years, we haven’t had too much veteran depth, especially in the receiving room. For us to get a couple of guys to come in and be able to help us produce and play a lot of football, not just to elevate their game but our game as a whole organization as a whole offense and as a quarterback, I’m very excited about it. I’m looking forward to it.”

Sounds like the Media and Watson expect him to get even better - they disagree with your these guys are bad! and that losing Hopkins will hurt !

There you go - I'm sure you agree with it - I mean it was on the internet on Football things!!!!!
RichH55
Hall of Famer

On a more serious note:

There is this Consensus out there (this one I largely agree with) - that Bill Obrien the GM has hurt the Texans .

I think this bleeds into two different things which I think are wrong -
1) That this also means Bill Obrien is a Bad Offensive Coach too

I don't think he's god's gift mind you - but I think people are unable to compartmentalize there - I think he is a good offensive coach (TERRIBLE GM)

2) That the things Obrien has done poorly have ALREADY hurt the Texans

The bad moves are ABOUT to come home to roost. Some in 2020 - more so in 2021

The only player they lost last year due to dumb Obrien. was Clowney (Certainly NOT nothing)

But that - what I think was ultimately Bad for 2 reasons- the Tunsil Trade (Too much value given up and not locking in contract extension as Part of the Deal - and thus having to massively overpay the play)
Was CERTAINLY a positive in you are only looking at how it effected the 2019 Roster (All the draft picks are 2020 and 2021 - and the cap issues are down the Line as well)

I think there is a narrative (which I DISAGREE with - but I do think its the narrative out there) that Watson - to the degree he's had success - has been OVERCOMING Bill OBrien the GM's mistakes

That might well be the case IN THE FUTURE (I wouldn't bet on it mind you - but it's certainly a possibility)

But demonstrably has NOT happened yet -and I do feel that in the rush to criticize the BAD Obrien moves (which started with Tunsil and Clowney last year) that this HAS been largely missed by the Public and NFL Talking heads (*)

(*) In fairness the moves are TERRIBLE - the Hopkins move followed by using that cap Space (and more) to Add Cooks and Cobb (solid to good, maybe even very good if you get a bounce back Cooks year? players - but paid more than that and Cooks cost a pick too????) - So that SHOULD be the Story lede.

And the constraints - lack of picks, lack of Cap room after the Watson and Tunsil extensions - will START showing up as soon as 2020 (though that didn't have to - as Hopkins was self inflicted)
dplank
Hall of Famer

RichH55 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:56 pm Silence?

Hopkins just said he expects his numbers to go Up this year (PEERS) and they criticized the Texans stagnant offense (rotoworld - since that for some reason matters more than what happens on the Field?)

He was only a Pro Bowl alternate for the 2018 season (elevated to Roster for Tom Brady being in Super Bowl)

Which of these below in Untrue (for this Star making 2019!!!!)
1) Texans gave up more points than they Scored

2) Texans were NOT Top Ten in Either Total Offensive Yardage or Passing Yardage

3). Texans were NOT Top Ten in Points Scored

4) Texans even with a Top 5 Left Tackle were a top 6 Most Sacked Team (It looks like clearly Top 5 since they gave up some sacks in the Game Watson didn't play in too - but I dont want to go through a ton of Backup QB numbers around the league)

Incentidentally - I did more research into why Team Rankings was so far off on Sacks - Turns out they were NOT wrong - it's just they Counted Playoffs too

Which isn't really Apples to Apples for Regular Season - THOUGH it IS worth noting that Watson took a SHOCKING 11 Sacks in the 2019 Playoffs

(Maybe you can answer my questions too? Any of those stats mean anything to you? I was kind of shocked to see the 11 Sacks number for the Playoffs - that's really bad)

If you are asking me if I particularly care about Conventional Wisdom? I don't either way . But since you did ask is the Conventional Wisdom closer to me or you? (common wisdom - so I'm quoting accurrately)

I absolutely do think the Thought process out there would agree with you more than me. Yes.

Does that matter in any way? Well, no.

Also - I don't think Watson sucks - that's kind of A shitty way to interpret my take (THAT IS A LIE in fact) I'm not saying he's Chase Daniels here

I'm saying he's Dplanks version of Chase Daniels - Which is too say a Good QB in the league (Top 10-15), but not a Star. (SLIGHT JOKE - Sadly only Slight)

(Ironically the only other poster in this thread Richie agrees with me - to wit: "Watson is "good". I have not seen much to indicate he's "great". His sack rate is largely his fault, as well.")

I mean one of your Points has been: "NFLN Top 100 player (voted #51 by his peers) " Which is to say- like the 3rd Rated Texan that year? (I believe TWO Texans were Top 15 in that voting) - I don't really think #51 player is a Star - but Ok

Or this: "Watson makes the Pro Bowl every year he's been in the NFL" (Putting aside he didn't actually in his 1st year) - He was a Pro Bowl Alternate for the 2018 season - Which I'm NOT saying is BAD - but that's a Star?

When you were railing about Mitch not being good - BEFORE LAST YEAR (TO YOUR CREDIT) (even during 2018 when he actually was good overall) - and Mitch was a Pro Bowler and his Peers and the Media thought he was good - I'm sure the consensus mattered more than the numbers and your thoughts, right?

Feel free to actually address the points I make - rather than another Madden screenshot
The difference with your Daniels comp is that I was going against the grain with that take, and was mercilessly ripped for it. In this case, I'm with the consensus and you are not. And yet you've still poked at it in exactly the same manner.

The difference with the Trubisky take is key to this discussion, and frankly every discussion you're a part of Rich. My feelings on Trubisky evolved with his performance, not with my ego. After 2018, I still had my doubts on him despite most thinking he had arrived, but when asked ahead of last season if I thought he'd either A) take the next step or B) flop, I chose A because he had shown me a lot of flashes of good play and I bought into the "Year 2 in Nagy's offense" hype. I did not let my ego force a take that I didn't believe in.

And same with Daniels, I saw Daniels step in and out perform Mitch last year - plain and simple. He looked better, our offense looked better/sharper. His stats were better. His Win % was the same. But no one else could bring themselves to this simple realization because no one (on internet boards at least) are open minded enough nor are they honest enough to ever just back down and admit maybe they got something wrong. Ultimately, my Daniels take was bad, but not because Mitch was such a better player - he wasn't. PERIOD. He wasn't. It BEST is was a wash, and that's being generous. No, the reason it was a bad take was because we weren't going anywhere last year anyways, Chase wasn't going to save the season for us, and there's no future with Chase Daniel at QB so the right call was to let Mitch play through his woeful mess. I was wrong on that, primarily born out of pure frustration with what I thought was a SB roster, and so.....wait for it......I admitted it! And have done so repeatedly now!

I'm awaiting the day you pop your cherry in this regard Rich. It'll be a growth moment for you, I really hope you see the light. I'm telling you, it's liberating not feeling like you have to be right all the time even in the face of insurmountable evidence - no one is right all the time. Just take the hit, without a bunch of BS wrapped around it, and people will respect you more for it.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Let me just refresh your memory with this quote, from this very thread Rich....
I think losing Hopkins is really going to hurt him - Not just the production (which was great) but how Defenses keyed on him - And I do think supporting cast matters

I think he's in a bad situation honestly ........
and then, just a little while later, you quote a PRESSER?!?!?! You, Rich, QUOTING A PRESSER?!?!?! This entire quote is Watson toeing the company line, and it's a proof point for you? Neverminding the DIRECT CONTRADICTION from your earlier take?
“They are doing a heck of a job adding a lot of veteran guys that have played a lot of football at the highest level,”Watson
“We’re excited about the veteran weapons, the new weapons that we have,” Watson told Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle while discussing his summer reading program. “Over the past couple of years, we haven’t had too much veteran depth, especially in the receiving room. For us to get a couple of guys to come in and be able to help us produce and play a lot of football, not just to elevate their game but our game as a whole organization as a whole offense and as a quarterback, I’m very excited about it. I’m looking forward to it.”

Sounds like the Media and Watson expect him to get even better - they disagree with your these guys are bad! and that losing Hopkins will hurt !
So which Rich am I talking with? The one who thinks he'll be hurt by the loss of Hopkins, and he has to prove he's a good player without him? Or the one who thinks that their just as good if not better without Hopkins? Am I talking with the Rich who thinks Pressers are absolutely meaningless dribble? Or the Rich that quotes pressers as proof points?

I know which one I'm talking with....the dishonest one who lets his ego twist him into pretzels instead of just coming straight with it. Geezus.

I did not quote pressers/coachspeak Rich. I linked articles by subject matter experts who do this for a living, simply to point out to you that the consensus opinion is on my side. You respond with a presser. This is a new low for you. I'm extending an olive branch again, please take it, I even included a little self mutilation on the Chase Daniels subject AGAIN just to show you that your not alone with having bad takes. But you're Gibbing it up real bad right now, please pull out of this nosedive.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Well I'm glad you learned nothing on Chase Daniels and want to go Pure Yogi on it -(Chase is bad)

You also get I was being facetious on the Hopkins thing, right (since we were quoting rankings or Madden rankings or other nonsense ). - I FULLY expect losing Hopkins to hurt them (As we literally discussed man)

You fucking showed me a photo of a Star under a guy in a Video game - Not so good Al

I expect Watson to be closer to 15th QB than top 3 - We shall see
RichH55
Hall of Famer

(And just giving you crap on Chase - I know that had to hurt) - JOKES!!!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Ok, so you were not serious? But the entire last page you spent talking about Houston’s new weapons and how Watson still has really good talent around him. Soooooo....not buying it. You also said “the media and Watson” in your comment, which was a flat lie. That was only a Watson quote, no media weighed in/agreed like you said.

You also want to live and die by stats when it suits you, but Chase had equal or better stats than Mitch last year and yet I’m crazy for saying so? Just stay consistent and honest. Here they are...it's hard to measure 2 starts vs 14 starts, so they only way you can do it is by %/avg.

YPG TD% INT% W/L% Comp% QBR

Mitch 224 3.8 2.1 .500 59.4 77.5

Chase 217 4.7 3.1 .500 70.3 91.6

In what world do you see Mitch as having a better year than Chase? Chase beats him nearly across the board, including the QBR measure which reflects the fact that almost all of his number were better. He was more aggressive with the football AND more accurate with it. His aggression got us POINTS, on the down side his INT's were too high. Otherwise, it'd be a sweep. So pine away all you want about Chase, but as far as performance goes, I was right there. Aren't you the one who said "performance on the field actually matters"? Where I was wrong was in thinking that Chase could save our season when ultimately this was a 'tallest midget' scenario and the right call was to let Mitch play it out and see if he could turn his career around. But the thought that Chase wasn't at least as good, if not better, than Mitch last year was, and still is, correct. Hell, if you wanna go full "Deshaun Watson stupidity" here, you could throw away Mitch's Redskins game just like you throw away Watson's Atlanta game, and the numbers are even worse for you.

Here's the bottom line. All in one thread you waffle from "I don't care what the consensus says, I see stats a certain way and that's all that matters" to "You're a moron dplank, the consensus is with me on Mitch/Chase, even if the stats don't line up with it". Which is it? Pick a narrative and stick with it, and you'll end up right once and wrong once. You choose, I don't care. Right now, the only consistent narrative you present is "It's right because I said so".
RichH55
Hall of Famer

The media actually did weigh in on a few of those things - I think using the Media (either way) here is pretty Dumb.

(NOT using Madden as a relevant point level Dumb - but still Dumb)

They were NOT a Top 10 Offense with Hopkins (NEVER ADDRESSED by you of course) - Losing him (even though the WR are still solid and the depth is probably deeper) I do not think will help

And we will get a nice comparison point with how the Cardinals do WITH Hopkins (will give some color to the relative Worth of Hopkins upon his Offenses and QBs)

Chase Daniels is just bad. I thought you had come around to that - No? Relapsing back onto that terrible dead horse?
dplank
Hall of Famer

Depends on what you're talking about. When discussing if someone is a 'star', using the media, even Madden which is a significant media/entertainment aspect of the sport, is 100% appropriate. In fact, it's the best measure you can have considering what a 'star' is. A 'star' is LITERALLY a media/entertainment term Rich. It's not some conglomeration of statistics. I tried to give you this out before, but you just were too wrapped up in the smell of your own farts to accept it. Digging on others just brings you too much joy, well founded or not.

The only thing I'm relapsing on is why I relegated you to Gib / blocked status before, something I clearly need to revisit.

LOOK AT THE STATS, CAN YOU REFUTE THEM OR NOT? CAN YOU STICK WITH ONE TRAIN OF THOUGHT AND BE HONEST OR NOT? ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN MEASURES WHEN DISCUSSIN WATSON, CHASE OUTPERFORMED MITCH, PERIOD. Of course, you don't mention it in your reply at all. So you can't have it both ways, that's a pussy move. Sorry if that hurts your mangina.

I agree Chase Daniel is bad, I'm not arguing he's good. I'm just stating the plain fact that he outperformed Mitch last year. Tallest midget, I couldn't have been more clear. Good lord, at least in Rain Man his character was honest to a fault. You have all the 'spectrum' without any of the endearing parts.

RichH55
Hall of Famer

So he's Tim Tebow? Cool

I will care if I'm wrong on him as a QB

You can care if he Wins Dancing with the Stars (Madden Edition)

I thought this was a Football debate - but if it's not - then WHY does it matter if he's the 5th best QB or 15th best?

It would only matter what commercials he gets and that people remember he won the National Championship - Neither of which matters for the conversation I THOUGHT we were having

But. - Am I really to take this as you point - This is About "A 'star' is LITERALLY a media/entertainment term Rich"

Really?

Why have you been arguing about his Football play at all then? It doesn't matter to him being a STAR. Right/

Cmon Dplank - do better. - I have CLEARLY be arguing about Watson the Football player - Great v. Good (I certainly don't come down on Great)

But we are at "Hes Famous" and doubling (Sadly its actually at least Tripling ) down on terrible Chase Daniel????

Ugh
RichH55
Hall of Famer

So you'd agree with this Phrase
Tim Tebow - Star Baseball Player

Please tell me this isn't the debate we have been having
dplank
Hall of Famer

The “debate” has mutated as you keep changing your POV. If you’d just make a point and stick with it like an honest broker, this would have been over long ago.

You started by acting like I was nuts for calling Watson a star, great player (different thread). So I set about showing you that it’s not nuts at all, in fact it’s the consensus opinion. Then you start latching on to the term “star”, and try to use some statistical voodoo to make that point. And so I go on to explain to you what the term star MEANS, repeatedly, but it doesn’t stick. Your mind is too closed off to hear it. And YES! Tim Tebow was a STAR FOOTBALL PLAYER, 100000%! It is rare, but on occasion a star player can have become one without excellent play on the field. This is not the case with Watson though.

You at one point say that Watson is only good because he has Hopkins (and apparently all the sports writers I linked for you didn’t realize that somehow). And further says that “we’ll see how he does without Hopkins”. So I make an affirmative comment that the talent around Watson sux now, and you use that to manipulate further, twisting yourself into such a logical pretzel that you go to great lengths to say now that his surrounding cast is actually really good! Wow!

Further, your only counter the the litany of experts who agree with me and not you, is some statistcal juijitzu (focusing on sacks to an ODD degree as it’s the only dig you can find). And so I respond to that by bringing up stats from another subject where you felt very differently, to show you your hypocrisy. Chase out stat’d Mitch, yet it had no sway over you then. Real stats too, stuff like TDS and Qb Ratings. Any impact to this hypocrisy? Nope. Nothing gets through. Your such a pussy you STILL haven’t refuted it, you just throw snark as if that means something. Chase beat Mitch statistically Rich, how do you explain that? Rich is right because Rich says so, and that’s that. Sucks really, thought you were better than this.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Statistical Voodoo?

Yards and Points are Voodoo? Really? (Though I get that they don't matter as to Star discussion - which now that I realize how dumb the Point was - I don't ever want to discuss again - Unbelievably bad)

Sacks don't matter either?

NOT Top 10 in Yardage, NOT Top 10 in Points. Took a very large amount of Sacks, especially during the Playoffs.

All of them together don't matter?!?!? Voodoo. Yards. Sacks . Points. Points for v. Points Against.

Voodoo.

"Real stats too, stuff like TDS(*) and Qb Ratings. " Non- Voodoo. Got it. (QB Rating? Wow)

(*)You get that Points is made up of TDs in part - right Dplank? If you didn't understand that - I can explain it if you like)

But yes - The call back to Chase Daniel (who you called for in BOTH 2018 and 2019...BOTH.). It's one of the dumber takes out there (and I spent most of my time arguing with Yogi and Gib - so that's a high bar)

My only argument is about how good Watson the NFL Football player is - You think he's Great already - I do not . I think he is merely good. (Which of course you Lied and said I think he sucks)

The Talent around him does NOT suck now - BTW. That's BS. Do you only have grades for "Really good" and "Sux". There are other levels my good man.

Losing Hopkins will hurt IMHO (not seemingly yours since you think Watson is all that and that Hopkins was merely incidental - Helpful sure - but not "making" things either) - But that is NOT the same as then saying the "Talent around him sux". (NOR IS IT THE SAME AS IT'S "REALLY GOOD" )

I think overall the talent on the Texans Offense is probably above average - though losing Hopkins hurts because I think he was absolutely Elite and a Game Changer - Cooks, Fuller, Cobb is a Deep and very solid (above average) WR corps though - Tunsil is a Top 5 LT (or so) and the OL is solid

Defense this year I expect to be Solid as well (I think it's a Top 15 group at worst). In the past I think it's clearly been better (at it's best that was a top 5 type of Group)

If Watson is Great (putting aside the stupidity of this Star argument) - that is a team he can do Great things with - I do not expect that to happen.

Watson- the NFL Football play - is not Great but merely Good. (You - Sorry to put words in your mouth - think he's Great, correct?)

2020 season will show quite a bit overall on that account.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I scanned but didn't see you address Chase beating Mitch statistically last year. Attempt number 4, how do you explain this?
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

DP, if it makes you feel better, I'm one of those who thought that Watson wouldn't cut it in the NFL. I didn't think he had the arm for it. I can safely admit now that I was totally wrong. The guy is a STAR by any reasonable definition of the term. Much of what he's done has been literally jaw dropping, and I knew it when he was a rookie:

I think it was that Kansas City loss when I thought, 'shit was I wrong about this guy. He's the real deal."

Everybody knows he's a star DP, even Rich. Rich just won't admit it. Not EVER. Because he's been too wrapped up in his initial assessment that he won't back down from it. Not ever. He'll just continue to give you all these gobblly gook run arounds that go on for ever. When he starts doing that, you know he's wrong. I don't even read all that crap. Just take it as an admission and him spinning his wheels.

Deshaun Watson is a STAR, and anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiotic nimrod. Or better yet, simply a

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Stars - It's a nonsense thing (based on this Cutler AND Romo are bigger star QBs after they stopped playing Football)

2019 - Not Top Ten in terms of Passing Yardage or Points Scored

Texans gave up more points than they scored.

All facts.

I know Dplank isn't allowed to read them as they are inconvient
RichH55
Hall of Famer

HIGHLIGHTS!!!!!

LET THE STUPIDITY COMMENCE
dplank
Hall of Famer

Thanks Yogi, I get it now (I should have learned after the Glennon "we won't draft a QB" argument that was proven wrong and he still wouldn't just take it like a man). I've stopped feeding the troll. What a shame. 6 requests in to directly address the Chase having better numbers than Mitch post - yet stat boy remains silent. Nuff said.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

I was wrong about us not drafting a QB after we signed Glennon - And Posted as such

*BTW I was right about the process - I know you don't care - but signing Glennon never made sense if you were planning on Drafting Mitch (Flat out being prepared to trade UP to get him mind you)

But I was wrong - so I posted I was wrong -

Chase Daniels is Bad. You were wrong to call for him - You have since admitted as such - Only to backtrack repeatedly (BOTH for 2018 and 2019 - Always overlooked that you called for Chase when Mitch was actually GOOD

Mitch was bad last year - the problem was always that Chase is Bad too (only acknowledged by Dplank on certain days for some reason) - So the mistake was not carrying a viable backup option

We probably did not need to give a 4th Rounder to get Foles - but that has certainly been corrected this year

Imagine if Watson actually did get the Texans in the Top Ten in Yardage or Points Scored - or didn't insist on taking Sacks (ESPECIALLY in Big Games)

Dplank will probably upgrade him to the World's Greatest Living Hero

Yogi - Any comment about the Basic fact that the Texans - On Offense - in a year where they HAD D. Hopkins and Tunsil
NOT Top Ten in Yardage
NOT Top Ten in Points

That's not to say Watson or the Texans Offense was bad (or "Sux" as this thread likes to spell it) - Being like Top 11-14 overall is still plenty Good. - It's just not GREAT

But that's a Star based on his NFL play?

Really?

(*) I can make snide comments about his Playoffs 1-2 Record including a Loss where he was basically staked a 24-0 lead and Basically not showing up against the Colts in 2018 - His 2nd Half v. Tenn was quite good though!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Couldn't have been more clear, repeatedly. Didn't say he was good, just said he was better than Mitch last year. That's all. And referenced the tallest midget term more than once.
The "Tallest Midget" is when someone or something is the best at something, but that something isn't anything special. The tallest midget is the tallest one of his group - but although he is the tallest midget - he is still, at the end of the day, a midget. Also could be called the "Hottest Garbageman".
Never backtracked on it being wrong to call for him and never said he was a great player or anything of the sort. After realizing I was wrong to call for him, I've consistently and repeatedly admitted so, along with the reason why it was a bad take. You, on the other hand, have been unable to admit what is statistically true, that Chase outperformed Mitch last year.

Yogi's right, and I know better. Once you start spinning in circles, it becomes futile. Wish you weren't just a blatant liar though.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

I'm still waiting to hear any of the Watson points addressed (despite the "HE TURNED IT AROUND THE SECOND HE GOT THERE " type BS)

Were the Texans top ten Offensively in:
Yardage
Did the Texans score more points than they let up?

Do those things somehow not matter as to QB play?

I dont really care that you think Chase's 3 Td and 2 INT means something - It doesn't - Which I figure you actually do know - but Mitch hurt you (fair) and you are reacted in a scorned way

It happens in fandom - but its still bad to say positive things about Chase as a QB on the field
dplank
Hall of Famer

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Really?

The guy tripling down on Chase Daniel might just be the Troll here.

Or maybe the guy talking about how draft picks in 2007 show we don't value OL in 2020.

Though strikes me as 2020 is going to be a Great year as a Bears fan - If you think Chase Daniel behind a bad OL is good- imagine when you see better than that!

Dplank says:
3 TD and 2 INT - Rich these numbers mean something!!!!!

Not like your Points Scored and Yardage over the course of - a Full Season - Playoff record? Pshhhtt. Now those are Facts only a troll would bring up

Do you think we should fire Pace - I mean he let Chase WALK - for less money and not costing a 4th Round pick like Foles.

I mean it's Chase time! Most QB only really start to find their footing at 33-34 Years of Age - after not really playing at all anywhere for a Decade (those that go to another league where they play??!?! Fools!!!)

Again - For the Life of me - I do NOT understand why discussing the Texans Offensive Output in 2019 would not be germaine to the relative merits of Watson the QB.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I'm comfortable ending the conversation with a win.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Well then this isn't your thread to be comfortable

Glad you are not wanting facts to matter and want to triple down on a terrible Chase Daniel two year voyage
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

DP, I don't know if you saw this but ESPN recently did a mock redraft of ALL NFL players. Watson was drafted FOURTH! Yeah, he's not considered a star. :rofl: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/292 ... teams#list

It was an interesting mock. The Bears picks were:
Round 1 (19): Jimmy Garoppolo, QB
Round 2 (46): Derrick Henry, RB
Round 3 (83): Jerry Jeudy, WR
Round 4 (110): Eddie Jackson, S
I think I would have taken:

1. Khalil
2. Travis Kelce
3. Lane Johnson
4. Akeem

And signed Marcus Mariota in free agency. lol
dplank
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:55 pm DP, I don't know if you saw this but ESPN recently did a mock redraft of ALL NFL players. Watson was drafted FOURTH! Yeah, he's not considered a star. :rofl: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/292 ... teams#list

It was an interesting mock. The Bears picks were:
Round 1 (19): Jimmy Garoppolo, QB
Round 2 (46): Derrick Henry, RB
Round 3 (83): Jerry Jeudy, WR
Round 4 (110): Eddie Jackson, S
I think I would have taken:

1. Khalil
2. Travis Kelce
3. Lane Johnson
4. Akeem

And signed Marcus Mariota in free agency. lol
hahahahah! Not surprised at all, thx Yogi. But I've given up on Richard I'm afraid, there's no way to get through his info bubble. Even if all of the NFL players, all of the ESPN writers, and NFL Network experts all tell him he's wrong, he'd persist. Oh, wait, that just happened. :-P
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Where did Dplank's boy Chase go?

Was he #1 or did they take him off the Board as unfair to the other Teams to have to play against him?

(NFL Nation Mock Draft - Ok then - Wow. So to be clear: Total Offense and Total Points -Do not Count. NFL Nation Mock Draft - Gospel.)

Got it.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Dplank - When Watson's numbers are average again - and the Texans are not Top 10 (AGAIN) in Total Offense or Points Scored this season

What then? Any adjustment to this ?
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Out of curiosity, what the fuck does DP's opinion on Chase Daniel have to do with whether or not Watson is a star?

Absolutely nothing. Nothing whatsoever.

You do that a lot Rich. Can't win the message so you attack the messenger.

In a mock draft including every single NFL player, Watson was just picked fourth. FOURTH! That right there is stardom.