I think we should sign Antonio Brown

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Can't really care all too much about what a segment of fandom will think

I think more people disliked Atrain than Briggs - and Atrain helped save someone from a burning car rather than potentially putting them in that flaming car

Brown looked awesome in New England BTW - it was the sexual assault allegation that (rightfully) got him bounced from there
wab
Mod

dplank wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:43 pm
wab wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:11 pm Bears fans are livid with Roquan for losing an ipad, taking a game off to get his mind right, and taking an ill timed photo.

Bears fans are still pissed at the recently deceased Cedric Benson for holding out over a decade ago.

Bears fans are still pissed at Lance Briggs for wrecking his Lambo.

Bears fans are still upset with Todd Sauerbrun for being too cocky as a rookie in 1995.

And we think AB is a good idea?.
You generalize WAAAAAY too much. Many Bears fans didn't give a crap about Roquans iPad, a majority I'd say. Or Benson's holdout. Or Briggs Lambo. The minority that actually was pissed about that stuff probably would be pissed about AB also, just guessing.

And "we" don't think AB is a good idea, so far it looks like only Rich and I think it's a good idea. Every other poster on this thread is opposed to it. Odd post. Has moderating a Bears board made you hate Bears fans? I kinda get that lol...
Not all of them.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

This is just too simple. McCaskeys say no. End of discussion.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

There he goes again--Wulfy living up to his moniker:

Wounded Bear
MVP

Otis Day wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm This is just too simple. McCaskeys say no. End of discussion.
Which is why I say that the day Virginia McCaskey gives up the ghost and the rest of her idiot spawn have to sell off the team because they won’t own the minimum requirement of 30% of the team , the Bears will be a better team.

Not that we should absolutely sign AB, but that as an organization we won’t even consider it.

It’s funny how religious people like the McCaskeys don’t believe in forgiveness. It’s like what Ghandi said about Christians, “ Jesus was ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you’re nothing like him. “
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Richie
MVP

RichH55 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:17 am Can't really care all too much about what a segment of fandom will think

I think more people disliked Atrain than Briggs - and Atrain helped save someone from a burning car rather than potentially putting them in that flaming car

Brown looked awesome in New England BTW - it was the sexual assault allegation that (rightfully) got him bounced from there
It wasn't even the allegation. He played in Miami with them following the allegation. It was when the texts came out that he sent her and things got way out of hand with the handling of the allegation.
Richie
MVP

Wounded Bear wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:40 pm
Otis Day wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pm This is just too simple. McCaskeys say no. End of discussion.
It’s funny how religious people like the McCaskeys don’t believe in forgiveness. It’s like what Ghandi said about Christians, “ Jesus was ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you’re nothing like him. “
I'm not christian and am by zero means offended by this talk. You, however, sound like your head is literally buried up your asshole.

Forgiveness? How out of touch could you possibly be? The man has yet to prove he isn't still in the midst of a horrific mental breakdown. He just took a plea bargain for an assault/battery charge and hasn't even begun his years of probation, anger management counseling, mental health evaluations, etc. with which he was sentenced to.

The Bears haven't considered signing AB? Where is the evidence that any of the other 31 teams have?

Who in their right mind looks at the AB situation and thinks it's about "forgiving" him? lol. This is a guy who would probably be in a mental institution currently, if he wasn't in possession of millions of dollars to help him through every catastrophic situation he created for himself. He's been a legitimate danger to general society and that's not even arguable.

Then, you make this absurd tie to the McKaskey's religion. As if it's supposed to be some astute and deep observation?

You fucking quote Ghandi!? LMAO

This isn't a "forgiveness" issue. It also isn't a "Bears" issue. lol

What an embarrassing attempt at grandstanding.
Richie
MVP

wab wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:11 pm Bears fans are livid with Roquan for losing an ipad, taking a game off to get his mind right, and taking an ill timed photo.

Bears fans are still pissed at the recently deceased Cedric Benson for holding out over a decade ago.

Bears fans are still pissed at Lance Briggs for wrecking his Lambo.

Bears fans are still upset with Todd Sauerbrun for being too cocky as a rookie in 1995.

And we think AB is a good idea?.
You generalize WAAAAAY too much.
90% of the time when WAB makes one of those posts. The majority of the board doesn't even agree with his generalizations. I am convinced it's just a coping mechanism for him with this board or something.
Many Bears fans didn't give a crap about Roquans iPad, a majority I'd say. Or Benson's holdout. Or Briggs Lambo. The minority that actually was pissed about that stuff probably would be pissed about AB also, just guessing.
Nobody does. You have to literally remind people about that stuff to help them remember what you're talking about. No Bears fan goes around thinking about Benson's holdout, Briggs Lambo, etc. Lol. Stop.

FWIW, I don't think AB is a "good idea". I have huge doubts as to his mental state. I think, if somehow MAGICALLY, credible people could vouch for his "rehabilitation" that I would consider adding him.

I don't realistically see that happening, though. He has to take care of his lawsuit and everything else right now. I also do not think the Bears will be the team to add him. The Saints reportedly showed interest at the end of last season.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Richie on FIIIIIIIIIIIII-URRRRRRRRR!

:applaud:
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Richie wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 pm
Wounded Bear wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm not christian and am by zero means offended by this talk. You, however, sound like your head is literally buried up your asshole.

Forgiveness? How out of touch could you possibly be? The man has yet to prove he isn't still in the midst of a horrific mental breakdown. He just took a plea bargain for an assault/battery charge and hasn't even begun his years of probation, anger management counseling, mental health evaluations, etc. with which he was sentenced to.

The Bears haven't considered signing AB? Where is the evidence that any of the other 31 teams have?

Who in their right mind looks at the AB situation and thinks it's about "forgiving" him? lol. This is a guy who would probably be in a mental institution currently, if he wasn't in possession of millions of dollars to help him through every catastrophic situation he created for himself. He's been a legitimate danger to general society and that's not even arguable.

Then, you make this absurd tie to the McKaskey's religion. As if it's supposed to be some astute and deep observation?

You fucking quote Ghandi!? LMAO

This isn't a "forgiveness" issue. It also isn't a "Bears" issue. lol
Wow. Well I’m glad you didn’t find my post offensive because it sure seems that you really got your little panties in a bundle, sweetheart .

I guess Idon't know where to begin to address the amount of ignorance you have just spouted about people suffering from mental illness, but I'll try so that even you can understand. Just because somebody has had a mental breakdown or illness does not mean they remain permanently in a mental breakdown or cannot overcome the mental illness. There are such things as therapy and medications that allow for them to recover and have very productive lives. It’s only idiots who believe that this is an incurable state. You Welcome to the 21st Century.

That’s why you would sit down and talk to the guy and see where he’s at. You ask him if he’s contrite. You ask him if he’s sought help. You ask him what he has doneto address this problem. And if he has effectively treated this illness, then, yes, you forgive him and have a badass receiver to boot. You don't, however, brand him for life and treat him with some archaic prejudice. But hey, it's a free country, you do your thing, I'll do mine.

And how do I know that we haven’t spoken to him? Because we would heard from it from his agent because interest from one team breeds interest from other teams . That’s how that shit works. That’s agent/player promotion 101. Real simple stuff.

So yeah I quote Ghandi because the quote is appropriate to the discussion especially when it concerns one the shittiest, most self-righteous owners in the NFL because you can’t wrap yourself in morality and Christianity without practicing one of the most basic tenets of the religion, forgiveness.

I mean Nagy still wanted to talk to Kareem Hunt, for fuck sake.
Richie wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 pm What an embarrassing attempt at grandstanding.
Oh my god, says the guy who just wrote the biggest grandstanding-esque post of all time. Give me a break. You’re a walking punch line.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
dplank
Hall of Famer

Just saw an short update on ABrown on NFLN last night, apparently he pled out on the moving truck thing as a minor misdemeanor offense w/probation and anger mgmt counseling (sounds like he needs that anyways lol). And that likely doesn't change anything for him football wise. His prior offense, however, remains unresolved and the league still has to officially reinstate him if he's going to play anywhere. So my guess is he'll remain unsigned until that happens.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Wow. I gotta go with Richie on this.

You don't forgive a raving psychotic killer while he's on the rampage with a loaded AK-47. You either hide, run away, or take him out. AB hasn't shown that he's even semi sane, let alone asked for forgiveness. You can forgive a raving loon all you want, but it doesn't mean that he understands it or that you sign him to a contract.

Instead, you want to condemn the McCaskey's personal faith and all Christians in General simply because the Bears haven't talked to Antonio Brown. Really? Obviously, your post is completely agenda driven and has nothing to do with anything based in any kind of reality. What Christian pissed in your Cornflakes.

Incidentally, I'm not very religious myself. I don't attend Church. My Church is Sunday watching the Bears. lol BUT while there are most certainly Christian hypocrites, I'm privileged to inform both you and Ghandi, that I have also met many Christians who truly try to live up to their faith and do it with a serenity that very much reminds me of Jesus Christ. As to the McCaskeys? I don't know near enough about their personal faith to go around condemning them for it, and certainly NOT because they haven't talked to Antonio Brown. Are you fucking kidding me?

All I do know though is that Virginia McCaskey seems like a very nice old lady to me from what I've seen. But then I don't really know her either. She just seems that way. George seems like a pretty okay guy too.

Just my take.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 pm Wow. I gotta go with Richie on this.

You don't forgive a raving psychotic killer while he's on the rampage with a loaded AK-47. You either hide, run away, or take him out. AB hasn't shown that he's even semi sane, let alone asked for forgiveness. You can forgive a raving loon all you want, but it doesn't mean that he understands it or that you sign him to a contract.
Antonio Brown hasn't shown any interest in anything but doing whatever he wants and expecting people to simply accept him ... well I certainly don't ... he has a distinct negative energy to bring to any situation and other teams have discovered this and moved on ... the Bears need to learn from their mistakes rather than repeat them, so ignoring AB is their best option

Yogi da Bear wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 pmAll I do know though is that Virginia McCaskey seems like a very nice old lady to me from what I've seen. But then I don't really know her either. She just seems that way. George seems like a pretty okay guy too.

Just my take.

Virginia fired her idiot son Mikey and turned things over to George ... I don't think enough people understand the significance of that ... family owned businesses usually mean members of the family get second, third, fourth, chances, which idiot boy Mikey got ... Virginia finally acknowledging what we all could clearly see must have been painful for her, but she took the correct action for the good of the team

the fact he remained within the organization oozing stupidity into other sectors always bugged me, but at least his direct influence on the team had been removed
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Not a fan of that idea.

The best thing this team has going for it is a locker room of people with class that appear to gel well with each other.

I agree with whoever posted he is mental ill. I don’t think he’s right in the head. He’s a locker room cancer.

I also don’t think he’s sign a vet minimum deal to play in Chicago. To play with Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc.? Maybe but not here, not now. He wouldn’t look at the Bears and “I’ll go there for cheap put up great numbers and get a huge contract next year.”

Oh wait, he might I just said he’s not right in the head. But no sane person would entertain that as a good plan.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

ARK!!!!

Ark won't toot his own horn - But he pitched Jason Peters as a LT his draft year when he was a UDFA (IIRC)

Really an all time call - or so I judge it;)
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

RichH55 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:25 pm ARK!!!!

Ark won't toot his own horn - But he pitched Jason Peters as a LT his draft year when he was a UDFA (IIRC)

Really an all time call - or so I judge it;)
Truth. Let’s just don’t talk about many more of my wonderful ideas. :frustrated:
wab
Mod

Richie wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:48 pm

You generalize WAAAAAY too much.
90% of the time when WAB makes one of those posts. The majority of the board doesn't even agree with his generalizations. I am convinced it's just a coping mechanism for him with this board or something.
Thanks for the fansplaining.