Thoughts on the NBA restart in July?

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

I'm super excited! My Wizards got a chance to compete for a playoff spot, unlikely but fun anyways. I'm really excited to see how this all works out, it might be a vague blueprint for the NFL (at least in terms of how fans participate/don't participate). And I'm really intrigued by the prospect of hearing everything that's going on on the court, that'll be an interesting twist.

How will the long layoff/restart change the dynamics here? And no real home court advantage. I wonder if the super star players aren't going to get the same level of favorable treatment by the refs they are used to when playing in this type of transparent environment?

I'm rooting for the Bucks and Clippers.
UOK
Site Admin

I don't want to offer an opinion on it until I can see the product and understand how they're going to make it work.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I have lost most of my interest in the NBA. I think the play is subpar. I got tired of all the bitching these players do. No one commits a foul, they bitch anytime something is called on them. They flop. They travel. They carry/palm the ball. the play is nowhere near what it was in the 80s, early 90s.
Xee
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:41 pm I have lost most of my interest in the NBA. I think the play is subpar. I got tired of all the bitching these players do. No one commits a foul, they bitch anytime something is called on them. They flop. They travel. They carry/palm the ball. the play is nowhere near what it was in the 80s, early 90s.
I'm not a basketball fan but that just sounds like what a player will do in any sport where there aren't strict repercussions for doing it. Football tends to be the least egregious I think since only a QB or kicker can really gain something out of flopping. In soccer or basketball though, as long as they're being rewarded for it, and hardly punished, it will always be present and like you said, just lead to a degrading of the game overall.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

As a Bulls fan, wake when they fire Boylan and a "new" season starts. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.