Yo IE

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

Just came across a short article on Yahoo where Gil Brandt says backup RB is the biggest hole on our team, and thought of you lol...

https://sports.yahoo.com/backup-running ... 50989.html

So you have company! My apologies for openly mocking your position (although I still don't really agree with it).
IE
Hall of Famer

Ha!

Honestly that opinion is probably mostly a function of how stacked the rest of the team is overall. I do agree with you on the Oline as a position of need. My take has always been that is being driven by a contract situation and Pace is doing the best job he could given the limitations. But then he went and signed Quinn for what he could have paid an OT... so... lol.

It seems like they can get a hungry young RB out there if the UDFA doesn't work out. I have nothing against Nall, as he's had no chance to show what he can do really.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
BreadNCircuses
Assistant Coach

I'm increasingly in agreement with the PFF view that running back is the most replaceable position on the team. Build the o-line, find RBs who'll protect the ball, pick up yards that are blocked for them, and aren't liabilities in the passing game, and rinse and repeat.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-why-should ... ning-backs
(yeah I know I know Leno will never be Taylor Lewan), but he's going to be our LT for the next 2-3 years regardless due to contract reasons)
2023 Preseason Downside prediction:
5-6 wins, never really healthy all season, a constant shuffling.
We're potentially in a position to draft in the Top 5 again, depending on the Carolina team, and probably have a low-teens (or better) pick ourselves.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I think they want to address that spot and planned to do it after the draft. But COVID-19 has prevented them bringing in guys for physicals. I think our true backup RB isn’t on the roster yet. Cohen isn’t going to fill that role. He’s more of a special set back IMO.
wab
Mod

I think C-Pat is the defacto backup to Montgomery.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 pm I think C-Pat is the defacto backup to Montgomery.
I'm okay with it, that dude runs hard.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:01 pm
wab wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 pm I think C-Pat is the defacto backup to Montgomery.
I'm okay with it, that dude runs hard.
Ditto, I believe he could do very well in that spot.
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
IE
Hall of Famer

I really like 84, and how he runs. He's got a little Derrick Henry in him, IMO. I think one issue with him is he doesn't seem like a super willing blocker. And he dosn't seem to be much of a pass catcher even on screens and such. So it's a little one dimensional when he's in the backfield.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!