NFL game pass

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Wanted to get some feedback from some of you who have used it.

It appears the year will cost me $50 and they way I read it is I can watch any game a few hours after it’s over. Is that right? Cut the cord and using Firesticks and YouTubeTV now for service. If can watch the games that day for just $50 seems like a no brained.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I've had it for a few years and love it Ark. But I don't use it to watch live/near live Bears games, so I can't speak to how long it takes them to get the games up. I use it to watch the condensed game replays a lot, that it just a great thing, you can zip through an entire game in 30 minutes. And the coaches film on occasion, usually if I'm arguing with someone on this board lol about something and the tv feed isn't showing enough of the field to understand the play properly.
Z Bear
MVP

I was looking into it but from what I remember I passed because you do not get the games until the league week is over, Tuesday. If you want live games out of market the only option in the US is DirecTV's Sunday Ticket or bootleg.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Thanks Z Bear. The way it read on the site it sounded as if they went up a few hours after the game was over.

I got rid of DirecTV and their constant nickle and diming. Plus their customer service went from being one of the best pre-AT&T takeover to one of the worst after. Had a problem and they agreed to fix it and cut my bill and didn't. I called back and was told I was lying and was never told that. So canned their service. They've called me back a few times offering "great deals" and just never going back. So I may still be hanging at a bar on Sundays.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:28 pm Thanks Z Bear. The way it read on the site it sounded as if they went up a few hours after the game was over.

I got rid of DirecTV and their constant nickle and diming. Plus their customer service went from being one of the best pre-AT&T takeover to one of the worst after. Had a problem and they agreed to fix it and cut my bill and didn't. I called back and was told I was lying and was never told that. So canned their service. They've called me back a few times offering "great deals" and just never going back. So I may still be hanging at a bar on Sundays.
Spot on with the support comments, went from great to literally the worst I've ever encountered. Such a shame.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

AT&T is the absolute worst. I had cell service with them way back when and had troubles. Swore I'd never go back. Then they were the first to have IPhones that my kids just had to have, so I went back. Horrible service again. Then when I finally had enough, switched to Sprint. Sprint told me that the phones would cancel when the numbers switched to them. Three months later I received a bill from AT&T for services even though they weren't being used and the numbers were switched to another service. I told them "No fucking way I'm paying that." They said, "well, I owe like a $100 for cancelling one of the phones early on their contract. I agreed. They said "then pay that." I asked if they would forgive the rest of their bill. They told me no. So I retorted, "why in the HELL would I pay that then." Later they tried to renegotiate, and still wouldn't accept the $100 I owed for the rest of it, so I guess it's on my credit report now. lol.

Fuck them. And now that they're with Directv, I got the same fucking shitty service. They treat me like shit even though I've been with them over twenty years. Would love to dump them if there was an alternative. They just cancelled my service for being a month late in payment. After 20 fucking years! Assholes.
wab
Mod

I recently cut the cord with DirecTV and I'm struggling honestly. I'm out of market, so my options are limited.

GamePass is cool, but it doesn't really help on Sunday
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Not sure how adventurours you're felling... but how about get a VPN service... and get yourself GamePass International :)

I don't have any experience using VPNs, but being in the UK I have had GamePass International for years now and it's great- other than a few reliability issues but that seems to be a lot better now. Never anything serious either, just the odd glitch when you try to rewind or something.

We get all the games every week, live, except 1 which will be shown on SKY TV and hence blacked out.
Games can be re-wound, or if you're late to the party you can "watch from start" if you join a game that's already started.

Games are available as soon the game finishes if you're not watching live and then shortly after we get the condensed 40mins version and highlights. All-22 view takes a bit longer I think- not sure as I don't use it to be honest.

We also get 24/7 NFL Network, plus all the NFL films stuff. There's so much content on there that I don't want/use. Loads of interviews, Xs and Os stuff, etc.

Then finally, NFL Red Zone live on game day too. Unless I'm watching the Bears I just tend to watch Red Zone these days.
Johnny Bollocks
Journeyman

skamanfrank wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:10 am Not sure how adventurours you're felling... but how about get a VPN service... and get yourself GamePass International :)

I don't have any experience using VPNs, but being in the UK I have had GamePass International for years now and it's great- other than a few reliability issues but that seems to be a lot better now. Never anything serious either, just the odd glitch when you try to rewind or something.

We get all the games every week, live, except 1 which will be shown on SKY TV and hence blacked out.
Games can be re-wound, or if you're late to the party you can "watch from start" if you join a game that's already started.

Games are available as soon the game finishes if you're not watching live and then shortly after we get the condensed 40mins version and highlights. All-22 view takes a bit longer I think- not sure as I don't use it to be honest.

We also get 24/7 NFL Network, plus all the NFL films stuff. There's so much content on there that I don't want/use. Loads of interviews, Xs and Os stuff, etc.

Then finally, NFL Red Zone live on game day too. Unless I'm watching the Bears I just tend to watch Red Zone these days.
Out of interest, what VPN are you using? And how much is GamePass In-ter-nation-al?
skamanfrank
Journeyman

I'm not using a VPN because I'm in the UK, so I don't need one thankfully.

GamePass International isn't cheap though... £145 for the calendar year.
Johnny Bollocks
Journeyman

skamanfrank wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:58 pm I'm not using a VPN because I'm in the UK, so I don't need one thankfully.

GamePass International isn't cheap though... £145 for the calendar year.
Yeah, given that I only watch the Bears, that's a little steep for me. Thanks for getting back tho'.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Usually you get a year though. I know that I did when I signed up. Sure wish that the NFL would just provide their service for live games allowing you to pick to follow your team. I think they'd make a lot more money on their own rather than being in a partnership with AT&T.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Johnny Bollocks wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:06 am
Yeah, given that I only watch the Bears, that's a little steep for me. Thanks for getting back tho'.

Yeah it's pretty steep... but for me it's pretty much accounts for all of my NFL watching!
Sundays in season I'll pretty much sit down at about 5pm/6pm, whenever the first game starts and it's just takeway and football from there on out until I fall asleep ha!
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Yogi da Bear wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:14 pm Usually you get a year though. I know that I did when I signed up. Sure wish that the NFL would just provide their service for live games allowing you to pick to follow your team. I think they'd make a lot more money on their own rather than being in a partnership with AT&T.
I agree Yogi. If it was $50-100 for one team or even $10 for a specific game, I think the numbers would explode for them. Plus you open it up to a larger pool of people to sell to.
wab
Mod

I think once the contract with AT&T is up, you'll see Amazon and other streaming services offer individual games and various bundles.

Something like 40 million people cut the cord in 2019, and I imagine that number will be blown out of the water in 2020.

The NFL is a revenue machine and cable is a dying industry. That's a bad business decision for the NFL.
dplank
Hall of Famer