RE: Trubisky vs. Foles

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Hyped
Rookie

I realize that this may be a sensitive subject, but wanted to get Bears fans' iput on the QB competition as there isn't much info out there:

1.) Who wins the job? I think Trubisky will get every chance, but likely lose the job if he plays bad for 3-4 weeks. Thoughts?

2.) At the end of the season, what FFL stats can I expect from Bears QB's cumulatively given the offense? (e.g. 4.2K yards, 28TD, 18INTs, 250 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD sounds about right?)

Thanks in advance!
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

I think Trubisky starts week 1 and rounds away with it 🤷🏼‍♂️
AC 46Blitz
Hyped
Rookie

DevilsProspect wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:27 pm I think Trubisky starts week 1 and rounds away with it 🤷🏼‍♂️
Say Trubisky plays all 16 games, what's your project stat line for him? (A FF guy here looking for QB diamonds in the rough here)
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

Hyped wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:05 pm
DevilsProspect wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:27 pm I think Trubisky starts week 1 and rounds away with it 🤷🏼‍♂️
Say Trubisky plays all 16 games, what's your project stat line for him? (A FF guy here looking for QB diamonds in the rough here)
Well if he plays all 16 games, it will mean he is healthy and playing well. For that to happen, he needs to play more like Farve and not give a shit about mistakes and sling it.

That said,

Passing 3,800yds 28tds/9ints
Rushing 430yds 4tds
(Which in the NFL isn’t super amazing, but for a Chicago QB it’s great)

Just by going off his previous numbers and adding a bit for progression, These are attainable numbers IMO. There is a chance he gets yanked. But with how this pandemic killed camp and preseason, I see him starting week one. Foles won’t have many reps and the team WANTS Trubisky to win even if they say otherwise. So it’s his Job to loose. The only way they think of pulling him is if we are 0-3 and he shits the bed doing so.

Today’s NFL is too impatient on young QBs. Like WRs, they usually need 3 years to develop the mental skills of the pro game. The problem is, you can hide WRs until they “get it”. QBs your in a sink or swim situation. But still doesn’t change the development time. Add into the fact that Trubisky didn’t play close to the amount of snaps in college as guys like Mahomes and Watson. So he was already behind the 8ball.

With the success of Mahomes and Watson it even worsened the impatience of young QBs. I’m not to say he is on their level or ever will be, but if he had a guy like Manzel to be compared to... Things would be much different in terms of expectations.

If you look at his stats, they are really not “bad” for a QB entirely. The offensive line sucked, play calling sucked, and god knows what else sucked that we don’t know of. Sure he may have been able to do a tad better, but when you run the ball 5x in a single game you are putting too much on a QB. Nagys play calling was atrocious. Never once was I on my couch saying Trubisky needs to do better, I was saying WTF was that play call? Too many cute plays and running you WR up the middle on 3rd and 1 instead of giving it to your tough running HB?

Sorry going into a Trubisky defense rant.

But yeah, I think he isn’t going to go CRAZY this season, but will out play his expectations IMO. Fantasy wise he is a great buy low pick. I think top 12 potential with last pick in the draft cost.
AC 46Blitz
Hyped
Rookie

Thanks, @DevilsProspect ! Your break down makes sense....top 12 QB with super low draft pick *if* he doesn't get yanked. I'll probably target him as my #2 QB. FFL is going to be interesting this year with COVID! Gonna need 3 viable QB's to get through the season with BYE/COVID weeks....