Bears trade TE Adam Shaheen to MIA for conditional 6/7th rounder

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:22 pm I don't know how you could function in an NFL locker room and be a racist.

In fairness - he never did the first part here
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

UOK wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:11 am Pace took a chance on a big hoss who he thought would be a diamond in the rough. He may have gotten bamboozled by false interest from other clubs. Either way, Shaheen is a complete flop who will probably join Dan Bazuin and the Gaines Adams death-trade as one of, if not the worst uses of a second round pick in Bears history.

It sounds to me like the guy was completely out of his element in the pro game, and cut his teeth beating up H-tier talent in the boonie colleges. Once he hit the pro game and realized he was in a league of grown-ass men who weren't going to put up with much, along with coaches who demand perfection and a fan base that is quick to sniff out losers, Shaheen's Bears career was over pretty much right as it began.
What about that white linebacker McCellen(or whatever his name was). I remember when they showed him with his shirt off in camp or something. We all were here wondering if he ever made it to the weight room. I’m pretty sure he was a early second round pick. Another WTF pick....

Meanwhile Baltimore finds a turd on a lawn, sprinkles a bit of dust on it , drafts it and it becomes an All Pro 2 years later.

UOK, in your downtime you should make a list of top 5 bust for each of the first 3 rounds.
AC 46Blitz
dplank
Hall of Famer

Ozzie Newsome was a GREAT GM who valued tape over measurables, and always seemed to draft talented, productive players that slipped in the draft for one reason or another.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

DevilsProspect wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 am

UOK, in your downtime you should make a list of top 5 bust for each of the first 3 rounds.
I took up the challenge and have my results here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14425
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Wounded Bear
MVP

DevilsProspect wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 am What about that white linebacker McCellen(or whatever his name was). I remember when they showed him with his shirt off in camp or something. We all were here wondering if he ever made it to the weight room. I’m pretty sure he was a early second round pick. Another WTF pick....

Nope. Shea McClellin was a first rounder. And we picked him over Chandler fucking Jones. That’s when Bill Belichick’s jaw hit the ground and jumped up several picks to grab Jones and I had a fucking aneurysm.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Wounded Bear
MVP

I will miss Shaheen’s ability to catch the ball and immediately fall down with wide open field in front of him. He didn’t believe in that flashy yards after catch bullshit, he treated pass receptions like fumbles and went straight to the ground.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Wounded Bear wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 pm
DevilsProspect wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 am What about that white linebacker McCellen(or whatever his name was). I remember when they showed him with his shirt off in camp or something. We all were here wondering if he ever made it to the weight room. I’m pretty sure he was a early second round pick. Another WTF pick....

Nope. Shea McClellin was a first rounder. And we picked him over Chandler fucking Jones. That’s when Bill Belichick’s jaw hit the ground and jumped up several picks to grab Jones and I had a fucking aneurysm.
Right before the pick I turned to my buddy and said they can’t fuck this up! So many good pash rushers available. Well as long as they don’t pick Shea McClellin....
Wounded Bear
MVP

HurricaneBear wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Right before the pick I turned to my buddy and said they can’t fuck this up! So many good pash rushers available. Well as long as they don’t pick Shea McClellin....

:clap:
Neil deGrasse Tyson
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Wounded Bear wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:05 pm I will miss Shaheen’s ability to catch the ball and immediately fall down with wide open field in front of him. He didn’t believe in that flashy yards after catch bullshit, he treated pass receptions like fumbles and went straight to the ground.
Absolutely, he managed to make me miss Greg Olsen's inability to break tackles years ago. At least Olsen tried to run after a catch...
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
wab
Mod

When the Bears were on the clock, I was getting out my wallet to order a Chandler Jones jersey. I was never so convinced of something in my life. That pick devastated me as a fan, and it's really tainted my view of all Bears draft picks since.
dplank
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:47 am

When the Bears were on the clock, I was getting out my wallet to order a Chandler Jones jersey. I was never so convinced of something in my life. That pick devastated me as a fan, and it's really tainted my view of all Bears draft picks since.
I hear you. That pick cost Phil Emery his job, as it should have. And unless Mitch turns things around in a big way this year, I suspect that pick will cost Pace his job.
wab
Mod

Pace has built a pretty good team. If Mitch doesn't work out, I suspect Pace will get a chance to do it again. I don't want continuity for the sake of it, but blowing it up every 3 years isn't a great strategy.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 am Pace has built a pretty good team. If Mitch doesn't work out, I suspect Pace will get a chance to do it again. I don't want continuity for the sake of it, but blowing it up every 3 years isn't a great strategy.
I think that is especially truth due to COVID. Not just the fact that they didn't get mini camps and OTAs, but with many college schedules already cancelled and a chance some others won't finish, if you break up the staff, you likely need to let them bring in "their guys" for scouting and what not. So you have to keep that group together I would think which suggests you don't want to make a change with Pace and or Nagy.