2020 Draft Discussion

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

As a cantankerous old fart, I'm seeing "too much" discussion in the draft thread. Feel free to discuss picks here. Please use the basic etiquette of not mentioning players that have not been picked yet.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

some of my general draft thoughts so far:
-Kmet went way too early as I was eyeballing him at pick #19 overall.
-AJ Dillon also went way too early for the same reason
-Eskimo Bros are having a nice draft with maybe a record number of draft picks?

I don't know if any of my picks will be good, but I got the 2nd coming of Christian McCaffery, and Randy Moss (both lite), and I got possibly the only NFL player capable of talking Frank Rambo (John's younger brother) down from a murder spree.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

I am old and cantankerous too, but have posted on the draft thread too much to my disappointment.

Thanks for the compliment. I realized end of round 1 I had more picks then slots. Also with pick 18 and 33 you picked my 1b or 1c right after.

Sith got a steal with Jeudy at 9.

Suspects getting Akers, Pittman, and Mims is in line with someone who nailed picks like Wilson and Kamara.

Dillon might have been high but after trading for Jones was smart move. Jonnu Smith was nice grab too.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

Yeah, a few guys went a little early. But Dynasty leagues tend to roll out a little differently sometimes. Sometimes guys have to balance talent, needs and wants. After the first 10, it can go weird.

Levon the player and great September’s grabbed both RBs just ahead of the pick I traded up for. Ouch! I really like that Evans kid. Think he will be solid.
AC 46Blitz
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

BTW, what do you guys think about putting you team name at the bottom of you sigs like mine so we can tell who is who? I keep getting confused. Lol
AC 46Blitz
BBF
Player of the Month

Shufflin' Crew here, and I'll comment on my draft when I finally make a pick.
dabearsfan
Practice Squad

Apologies to whoever sent me a PM on the ESPN fantasy site. I saw an email that I got a PM, but for the life of me could not find it on the site to reply to it.
- Pigskin Playas
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:56 pm I don't know if any of my picks will be good, but I got the 2nd coming of Christian McCaffery, and Randy Moss (both lite), and I got possibly the only NFL player capable of talking Frank Rambo (John's younger brother) down from a murder spree.
Liked the Gibson pick a lot. The It's Always Sunny Reference threw me off of Trautman for a bit. Good value for both IMO.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

BearsFanInMN wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 pm
Atkins&Rebel wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:56 pm I don't know if any of my picks will be good, but I got the 2nd coming of Christian McCaffery, and Randy Moss (both lite), and I got possibly the only NFL player capable of talking Frank Rambo (John's younger brother) down from a murder spree.
Liked the Gibson pick a lot. The It's Always Sunny Reference threw me off of Trautman for a bit. Good value for both IMO.
I was earnestly hoping Kmet would fall to me in the 2nd. After that, with limited resources I was determined to take Trautman or one of his contemporaries in the 3rd.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

BBF wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:49 am Shufflin' Crew here, and I'll comment on my draft when I finally make a pick.
So just noticed that you’re on the clock...
Since you had time to edit the draft thread to you’re on the clock, Should we assume you are just too busy framing your draft address for this thread to actually make your selection?
😜😝🤪
BBF
Player of the Month

Haha yeah. I hadn't quite figured out who I'd pick yet. And since I know Rush was next, and I have to email prompt him for a pick and then post it proxy, I knew it wouldnt happen til this morning anyway. And I was really busy last night with toddler and puppy.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

DevilsProspect wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:49 am Levon the player and great September’s grabbed both RBs just ahead of the pick I traded up for. Ouch! I really like that Evans kid. Think he will be solid.
Sorry not sorry. :evilgrin:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

BBF wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:37 am Haha yeah. I hadn't quite figured out who I'd pick yet. And since I know Rush was next, and I have to email prompt him for a pick and then post it proxy, I knew it wouldnt happen til this morning anyway. And I was really busy last night with toddler and puppy.
I remember those days. We got oldest self sufficient then get puppy then next year have the baby. Tough enough separately, don't envy you doing it all at once.

Like the Duvernay pick.
BBF
Player of the Month

The logic was that while we're both working from home there's no better time to get a puppy adjusted to our home, when we can both help. It's tough, but hopefully we'll be through everything soon.

There were a couple of non-rookies I planned on picking, but I though Duvernay was a great value at the time.

I also thought this was a pretty good draft for players. I just thought the trades where I gave up the picks made too much sense for me. Unlike the draft that I had the #2 pick and I had an offer of Keenan Allen for basically consensus #2 pick Laquan Tredwell.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Some additional thoughts as close to the end.

Not sure he exists (just kidding) but Levon A Prayer had a nice draft: Swift, Shenault, Evans, and Johnson.

It was tough call for me on the Reagor, Mimms, Aiyuk, Shenault, and Edwards tier of WR to have a clear cut preference. I could see the ones I didn't pick making me regret it. Had Tyler Johnson gone to almost any other team in the NFL, I'd have had him in that tier. Guy was a clutch baller in college.

When I took McFarland the other guys I was considering went in the next 7 picks. Bowden Jr is one of the most intriguing as he could be a 2018 Tarik Cohen type. Eno Benjamin is 3rd behind two good backs but an injury and he's a steal.

Thought Eason and Hurts might fall a little farther, but love the speculation as both could play sooner than you think.

I really don't pay attention to the Steelers RBs that are kept. I drafted Samuels over Connor as thought Connor was a keeper a few years ago and did the same with McFarland and Snell.

Been a crazy time at work so appreciate this much needed distraction and wish you all the best of luck this year.
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

I see a few of you added the tag at the bottom with your team name. That’s great! Wish we did this before! Lol.... so much easier
AC 46Blitz