My Bears Home Office

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

beardownbilly
Journeyman

Hey guys, some of you may have seen this as I posted it on Reddit but I wanted to share some pics of my home office which I have just recently completed. I’m not good at diy so I am really happy with the final result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wab
Mod

I like it. I'm now stuck working from a folding table in my bedroom, so....
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:32 am I like it. I'm now stuck working from a folding table in my bedroom, so....
I've completely taken over the dining room table myself.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
UOK
Site Admin

Been getting a front row seat to a lot of people's "home offices" lately thanks to Zoom. One lady was chain smoking cigs at her kitchen table with no fewer than 10 cats in her house milling around in the background. One guy has a table the size of a TV dinner and nothing else in the room. It's like a stark, white nothingness for 8 hours.

Wife and I are sharing an office and it's been going well for the most part. Our two dogs are pretty much in constant need of attention is the only hangup.
wab
Mod

My wife is loud. Like really loud. And she manages a team comprised of all women...who are also very loud. And none of them use headsets. And our house has a very open floor plan. So all of their loudness is amplified throughout our home.

My boss finally had to be like "is there somewhere else in your house you can go, because all we hear is a bunch of women yelling". So I got this rickety little folding TV tray table.computer desk thing from amazon and now I sit in the corner of the bedroom all day. It's awful and I'm wildly unproductive because of it.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:31 am My wife is loud. Like really loud. And she manages a team comprised of all women...who are also very loud. And none of them use headsets. And our house has a very open floor plan. So all of their loudness is amplified throughout our home.

My boss finally had to be like "is there somewhere else in your house you can go, because all we hear is a bunch of women yelling". So I got this rickety little folding TV tray table.computer desk thing from amazon and now I sit in the corner of the bedroom all day. It's awful and I'm wildly unproductive because of it.
Fuck that. My wife and I thankfully have very little overlap with her meetings and my calls, but when there is overlap I basically tell who I'm working with I'll call them back, because my other option is going to the basement and working from a leather couch, which actually doesn't sound so bad, and there's a fridge full of beer nearby, so...maybe I need to reconsider.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

beardownbilly wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:13 pm Hey guys, some of you may have seen this as I posted it on Reddit but I wanted to share some pics of my home office which I have just recently completed. I’m not good at diy so I am really happy with the final result.
You look pretty good at DIY to me!