Alex Smith : Project 11 - his comeback begins

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

just finished watching this program ... it is really an eye opener as to what this guy has gone through

the show has some gruesome graphic imagery of his injury and the surgeries but it is done to show how serious all of this was ... and that there was a time his life was actually in danger due to the infections

the guy is fortunate to be alive and functional ... he is still saying football is not out of the question, which is his call ... my opinion is he would be better off by retiring from the sport

* edited to change thread title
Last edited by Boris13c on Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Gruesome for sure. I have a weak stomach for that type of shit, and man, nasty. I hope he hangs it up for is own good. I have liked him since college, he needs to quit.

On a lighter note, his wife is a babe.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Really compelling watch (with about 30 extra minutes packed on)

IMHO he is absolutely done - especially with his playing style
Z Bear
MVP

I initially compared Mitch to Smith and I still stand by the comparison. They are very similar athletically and as well as they way they play. Smith too started off slow before he learned to read defenses then finding success later in his career. I see Trubisky as having a similar career and probably will not find success until his 3rd or 4th team.

Sucks to end a career like that though. They ran something on Sportscenter this weekend about him. He is rehabbing with Army vets that suffered IED wounds since his injury resembles those wounds closely. It looks like they had to reconstruct him from the knee down, really just hopeful he can even walk again.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Alex Smith is back in uniform and practicing with the Washington Football Team.

Alex Smith knows how worried others are about his comeback. That won’t change his mind.

After watching his gruesome injury in the Project 11 broadcast, I think he's really taking a huge risk by coming back. He was on the verge of death, on the verge of maybe losing his leg, and he persevered and survived. I don't think the reward is worth the risk, but as he clearly states himself, that's his call to make.

I wish him well. But I don't want to be watching the game where he gets injured again.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
dplank
Hall of Famer

I always think of Dave Dravecky when this comes up....

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:18 pm Alex Smith is back in uniform and practicing with the Washington Football Team.

Alex Smith knows how worried others are about his comeback. That won’t change his mind.

After watching his gruesome injury in the Project 11 broadcast, I think he's really taking a huge risk by coming back. He was on the verge of death, on the verge of maybe losing his leg, and he persevered and survived. I don't think the reward is worth the risk, but as he clearly states himself, that's his call to make.

I wish him well. But I don't want to be watching the game where he gets injured again.
This sums up my thoughts as well
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I don't want to see him on the field honestly. The video of the little water fight, seemed like he had a hard time getting around.

Retire go in the booth.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Glad for him to pursue a comeback. The NFL could as a private entity bar him from competing if their doctors felt there was a likely chance for him to be injured to the same extent again.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Hyped
Rookie

Man, I woulda retired for sure....but he's already the comeback player of the year without doubt by far!
Umbali
MVP

He did look gimpy as hell in his drive way celebrating.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers