My fantasy league

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

Had our draft last night, same crew who has been doing it since 1988. That’s right, 1988, I was a jr in high school! We’d run the stats off the Monday paper, TD only scoring, and the commish would call people with the game results cause there was no email lol. We’ve lost only two members in 32 years, both died of heart attacks way too young.

So last night was our first Zoom draft, and we were going through some old seasons/drafts and stuff and it was really wild. First ever overall pick was Jerry Rice, Montana went second. We had years where Derrick Fenner or Tommy Vardell would get drafted over Barry Sanders (TD ONLY!). Then there were “the Emmitt years”, where it seemed like whoever got the top pick and landed Emmitt Smith won every time. In 1997 I won the league super bowl by 3 points when I benched Terrell Davis (best player that year by far) for none other than Bear legend Darnell Autry! Lol! TD was sitting the out week 17 heading into the playoffs. Autry plunges in a meaningless goal line score for the win haha! A sign of the times, my top pick this year was a rookie I never heard of before, that LSU kid who’s starting at RB for KC.

Anyhow, it was a nostalgic night and I thought I’d share some classic fantasy football stuff with you all.
Umbali
MVP

That is awesome! I was in 2 different leagues , 1 for 12 years and 1 for 11. Both fell apart 2 years ago when I moved and couldnt get people organized long distance. I really miss it and need to find a new home.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Road
Pro Bowler

I've commished 2 fantasy leagues for 20+ years but haven't renewed them this year. No one has contacted me about it. I guess people are just disinterested this year. It kind of sad, the chatroom league was a lot of fun for years. Even Conehead doesn't seem to have any interest in it anymore. I thought about opening the leagues and just letting yahoo run a computer draft to see wtf happens. I dunno, still thinking it thru.
grendel2000
Journeyman

Mod edit: We don't wanna get into all of that.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Road wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:32 pm I've commished 2 fantasy leagues for 20+ years but haven't renewed them this year. No one has contacted me about it. I guess people are just disinterested this year. It kind of sad, the chatroom league was a lot of fun for years. Even Conehead doesn't seem to have any interest in it anymore. I thought about opening the leagues and just letting yahoo run a computer draft to see wtf happens. I dunno, still thinking it thru.
You should keep it alive Road - they will regret letting it lapse
Umbali
MVP

We have 1 week to do a draft and setup a league! Lets do it!! Pretty Please!!
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Love the history! My first was in college in 95. The one I'm still in started in 97. 4 original remain and we had our 24th this week. Remember all the stuff before there were websites. We were going to have it in my buddy's basement again for old times sake but his brother had COVID (gone and no issues) and hes got 2 high risk at his house so the 3 of us that were going to fly in decided not to make it a decision he had to make.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Road
Pro Bowler

RichH55 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:10 pm
Okay, I renewed the league with an automatic yahoo draft. Eriebear might actually have a chance this y ear! *IF* he remembers his password.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Road wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:00 pm
RichH55 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:10 pm
Okay, I renewed the league with an automatic yahoo draft. Eriebear might actually have a chance this y ear! *IF* he remembers his password.
Lemme know if you need a player to keep your league going
Umbali
MVP

I would be interested too
Road
Pro Bowler

Thanks for your interest but our league is full.