venue: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
television: CBS
radio: 780AM WBBM
----------------------------------------
CHICAGO BEARS (1-0)
]NY GIANTS (0-1)
CLICK HERE to join our Bears Fans Online Discord chat!
UOK
Site Admin

Revised:

Yeah, fuck that. I think the defense makes some noise.

Giants are trash.

Bears 20
Giants 12
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

This is a tougher game than it looks on paper. If the Bears D can get back to creating pressure on the QB consistently, I think it will make a big difference. The Gmen have an excellent RB, really good TE, and good WRs...look what Amendola did b/c Stafford was rarely under pressure. So I think this is one of the real keys.

I think Mitch gives us a mix of drives good and weak, but more comes down to Oline play than people talk about. Last week our Oline played better than ANY game last year. If this can continue than the Giants D is beatable. Our TE's should be impoving timing with Mitch, and Miller continuing to evolve into a legit option with A Rob is going to make both covering hte field and bum rushing Bisky hard to do.

I think the Bears win 27 Giants 20
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I'll bite earlier than usual.

It will be a game of inconsistent play on both sides of the ball by both teams. Giants O was a little erratic last night and it was evident that the Steelers went all out to stop Barkley. I don't believe the Bears D is as good as Pitts. I think the Giant D will mix things up and confuse 10 for most of the game. I think the Giant D plays better than the Lions D.

I think special teams factor in for both teams. I think Peppers has a punt return TD. I think Cordarelle puts the Bears in a good spot on KO returns.

2 middling teams. Bears at home, get an advantage.

Bears 23
Gents 20
wab
Mod

The Giants didn't look great last night against a pretty uninspired Steelers team. My hope is that the Bears build off of that 4thQ performance and keep shaking the rust off.

The defense has to be better, because Barkley.

I'm not expecting a 50 burger, but the Bears should win this one.

Bears 27
Giants 19
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:00 am The Giants didn't look great last night against a pretty uninspired Steelers team. My hope is that the Bears build off of that 4thQ performance and keep shaking the rust off.

The defense has to be better, because Barkley.

I'm not expecting a 50 burger, but the Bears should win this one.

Bears 27
Giants 19
The GIants and Daniel Jones are garbage, but 0-1 teams are fighting for their lives, and Barkley will be looking for a redemption week. The Bears defense SHOULD be more than capable of shuttering the Giants offense, and the Bears offense SHOULD be up to the task to score enough to win.

But the Bears have been anything but consistent when it comes to living up to SHOULDS over the years. I'm not sold on the 2020 Bears yet, but I certainly am not looking to sell my stock. This is very much a prove it game, and that's why I put the game on the kicking situation.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Continuing with my theme for the season...

Giants come out hungry and always seem to have the Bears number as my friends and family never let me forget. Barkley shows the world what AP would have done if he had been 10 years younger, going for 175 on the ground with 2 TDs. Mack and Hicks continue to be absent and dplanks cries for Pagano's head only get louder. Our amazing young secondary does it's best to keep the game close but it isn't enough in the end. Mitch and the O play ok but quiet none of the doubters.

Giants win, 24-16
IE
Hall of Famer

I'm going to go ahead and assume the Bears D wasn't gashed so much against it's will on Sunday as it was using a deliberate strategy to contain the Lion's biggest threat (Stafford). Signing AP was an indication that they were concerned about their own run game. Clearly the ageless Peterson surprised them a bit. But mostly it was tolerable. And containing Stafford was a success for the most part. It is pretty clear that a team should expect to have to score over 30 if they hope to beat the Lions in Detroit. Stafford should get more credit -he's really a great QB.

Daniel Jones is not Matt Stafford. He doesn't seem as... competitive. I don't think Engram or the Giant WRs are especially good. And the Bear secondary is I think about to emerge as the best in the league. The best. So like Pitts I expect a defensive strategy designed to stop Barkley mostly. The Bears have the speed to pull it off. I'm not worried about Danny T. He'll catch his wind. I can see the Bears really ramping up with the takeaways in this one. Like to the tune of 3-4.

The Giants D will be stouter against the run but the Bear Oline and 3 headed monster looks up to the task. Former Packer Martinez is going to wonder where this Bear team came from. I think Mitch will have a good game, including some scores on short fields from turnovers. I think he's going to throw for 3-4 TDs this week including Kmet's first. Maybe an INT to Martinez... because that's just how it is, and you know it would go to a former Packer.

This shouldn't be close. I'll guess Slayton gets one in a bad matchup, Barkely scores in the red zone and a couple of figgies for the Giants, while the Bears feast.

Bears 34
Giants 20
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

The offense seems like it has a game plan to build off of, it's just going to come down to consistency or lack there of each week. Hope Kmet can get involved, but that's a minor thing.

Defense they need to figure some things out. Hopefully Quinn is back soon, but they need to figure out some other things. Danny T did not look like a starting player, let alone a 3 down LB. I'm assuming he's still the primary D play caller, but based on Sunday, they need to hand those reigns over to Eddie Jackson or Roquan Smith and make Trevathan a part time player. They could experiment in the nickel with 3 down looks, or Pagano apparently used a lot of 3 S looks in the past which he hasn't really done yet in Chicago. Maybe see if Iggy or Woods have anything to offer in sub packages too. Mingo spent some time inside in Seattle I think too, if Quinn is back maybe he can play ILB in the sub.

Run D, are there any FAs who might shore up the NT spot? I like all our DEs, but making them slide into the NT seems like it's gonna be bad for the run D all year. Or see what Jenkins can do.
GSH
MVP

Bears 34
Giants 10

The giants o-line is a turnstile and mack, hicks & ( hopefully ) Quinn feast all day.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Da Bears roll. The D shows what they are all about.

I will admit I was about as down on Trubisky after the first three quarters as I've ever been. (Sorry DP, those drops you were talking about were bad passes, Aaron could have complted them in his sleep.) Then the 4th quarter happened. Tubisky was as on target as any QB in history.

Where the hell did that come from? Has he turned the corner? I'm far from confident on that. But he gets a lot more rope from me and a big
"GO MITCH!" from me.

Giants 3
Bears 45 :toast:

:banana: :party: :banana:
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

We've seen that from Mitch before. He's inconsistent. This is likely a very bad Lions team. There were a lot of close throws in that comeback. The odds of all them falling right against a bad D/secondary like the Lions was low enough, let alone a good D.

The only room for optimism is if you think some of his early shakiness was more timing issues with his receivers due to lack of live preseason reps, which based on watching through the first time I could probably buy on some of it. But it's only live reps to get that timing on track... so that's only so optimistic of a take.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears 29. Gnats 17
Forebears
Practice Squad

If Nagy adjusts to Mitch’s strengths instead of trying to make him a pocket passer and looking like a guru the Bears should have a good day offensively. Bears defense is missing Goldman in the mid to gobble up the gut rushes. Barkley could have a big game...pass rush needs to get Quinn to relieve the 2 and 3 man blocks Mack has been constantly battling since last season. If Quinn sees the field D Jones could be in for another rough day.

Bears: 27
Gints: 13
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

I wonder if pagano will sub bush in for Danny T again the way he did late in the 4th ti he’s still the run....I’m always concerned by a 0-1 team especially the teams you watch live the week before play like hot garabage.

That said

This is a giants team that not only is undermanned but also has Jason Garrett as it’s O.C I mean come on

Bears 31
Giants 7
Have a great day
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm worried a bit about Saquan Barkley but I think our offense is going to take off after that marvelous 4th quarter last week.

Bears 31
Giants 17
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Middleguard
MVP

The Giants are a bad team, but actually have been better on the road than at home the last three years. They also do seem to have the Bears' number. But if the Bears lose to these bums I can't imagine who else they could eventually beat (maybe the Lions again).
Bears 24 Giants 17
Ormazd
MVP

I hope we don't need another 4th quarter miracle...

Bears 30
Giants 24
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Bears 30 Giants 20

Bears offense is sligthly better but M. Trubisky misses several opportunities in the RZ resulting in FG attempts. Defense has problems with Barkley in the 1st half (two TDs) but manages to stop him in the 2nd half.
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
dplank
Hall of Famer

I may change this based on Quinn's availability....

But I'm going to predict a low scoring affair as both teams try to establish the running game, making for short quarters / shortening the game.

Bears 16
Gints - 13

Monty plunges one in from 1yd out + 3 Santos FG's

If Quinn doesn't play we might lose, our pass rush simply has to improve for us to have any chance of success this season.
Johnny Bollocks
Journeyman

Bears 29
Gints 23
WagonForce
MVP

Bears 23
Giants 20
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Bears: 31
Giants: 6

For the first 35 minutes of week 1, the defense was garbage. Then, after the Lions TD to start the second half I saw something new..... something other teams should be worried about. Khalil Mack called the defense over for a sideline huddle and seemed very animated. After that little chat, the defense settled in and allowed 3 more points in the final 25 minutes. Khalil stepping up into the vocal leadership role should be terrorizing for other teams.

Defense is stout and the offense builds off the 4th quarter explosion.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Bears cannot play offense for only 1 quarter a game and expect any long term success ... they cannot play against the Giants as they did against the Lions and expect to win ... especially on the defensive side

that said, I think they make some corrections for this week

* Mitch will play well for 2 quarters this week instead of just 1
* the defense now knows a running back coming out of the backfield IS an eligible receiver in need of consideration as such

won't be pretty, but the Bears win their home opener 23-20
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Umbali
MVP

Before each quarter Nagy will have someone hypnotize Mitch and tell him its the 4th Q agains the Lions

Bears 34
Lions 13
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Hema2.0
Crafty Veteran

Bears by 6. 20-14
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Caleb, and Hell followed with him.
Z Bear
MVP

1 quarter does not make a QB, back to reality this week. I think 10 will have more INTs than TDs but he ground game produces 200 yards. The run D remains suspect and Barkley matches the Bears' 200, but the D gets 3 TOs from Jones. Bears lose by last second FG. 17-16.
Umbali
MVP

Z Bear wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm 1 quarter does not make a QB, back to reality this week. I think 10 will have more INTs than TDs but he ground game produces 200 yards. The run D remains suspect and Barkley matches the Bears' 200, but the D gets 3 TOs from Jones. Bears lose by last second FG. 17-16.
damn this result would depress me more than a lot of the other loss predictions. That would tell me our whole team is fucked up, not just Mitch lol
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
UOK
Site Admin

G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Quinn is an OG vet. I'd keep him limited at practice all week if it means he can go on Sunday. Just have him do what he does, get down in a 3 point stance and bend that edge.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS