Wk 16 // Bears trounce Jaguars 41-17

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Middleguard
MVP

My program to rank teams, using hindsight (not what it calculated at the time), has the Bears' defense ranked #1 week 6, then falling off a cliff to #25 week 13, and only back to #21 after last week. On the other hand it has the offense ranked #32 week 11, but all the way up to #11 after last week.

It predicts Bears 28 Jaguars 20
RichH55
Hall of Famer

I think Bears win decently big - incentives for both teams are in line
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Jaguars QB competition for week 16 means we may get the giraffe :
Jaguars' Doug Marrone to hold quarterback competition for Week 16

With visions of Trevor Lawrence dancing in their heads, Jaguars fans are now left to ponder who will be under center for their team when Jacksonville hosts the Bears on Sunday. The 1-13 Jaguars, by virtue of the Jets' upset win over the Rams last Sunday, are currently holding onto the No. 1 pick in the 2021 draft, a pick that is expected to be used to select Lawrence, who is currently preparing to face Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl.

On Wednesday, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone announced that he is holding an open quarterback competition this week between Gardner Minshew and Mike Glennon. While his numbers this season are good (he's completing 66.1% of his passes with 16 touchdowns against five interceptions), Minshew is just 1-7 this season as Jacksonville's starting quarterback. The 31-year-old Glennon is winless in his three starts under center this season.
if the Jaguars are looking to lose, I guess Glennon has the edge
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
aussiebear99
Practice Squad

The giraffe is also a statue .. if Glennon plays I predict the Bears' best sack numbers of the year as the Jags play from behind.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I’m interested to see if Nagy and Lazor try to run up the score to pad some season long stats and prove some type of point. The most Nagy thing to do here would be trying to get cute and put a lead in jeopardy...

It should be easy but will it look easy?

Bears 28
Jags 17
xyt in the discord chats
Ormazd
MVP

I fully expect Glennon to have a career day against us. That would be so Bears.
spudbear
MVP

I called for Mack and Hicks to take a game off. They may end up sitting it out. Here's the rest of the injury report, and both Skrine and Johnson are still out.
Star linebacker Khalil Mack (shoulder) and wide receiver Allen Robinson (hamstring) are listed as questionable in the team's official injury report. Both were held out of practice on Thursday and were limited participants on Friday.

Also listed as questionable for the Bears are defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (ankle), wideout/returner Cordarrelle Patterson (knee), defensive end Mario Edwards (hamstring), DT Bilal Nichols (knee) and DBs Duke Shelley (knee/foot) and Deon Bush (foot).

Ruled out for the Bears are defensive backs Buster Skrine (concussion) and Jaylon Johnson (shoulder) while tight end Demetrius Harris (foot) is listed as doubtful.
The D looks like the walking wounded. Hopefully the Bears O can string together a few long drives, score, and keep the Jags O off the field.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
GSH
MVP

Dont want to do this, but i think the bears have won 2 in a row when i pick them to lose, so

Jags: 42

Bears: 2
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Bears: 34
Jags: 20
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Bears 34 - Jags 24
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

It appears that the Jags are trying not to pull a jet move.... Glennon is starting and Robinson is out.

Arizona also lost so getting into playoffs should be all on the Bears. If they don’t screw up they are in, if they do they are out.
AC 46Blitz
aussiebear99
Practice Squad

DevilsProspect wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:49 pm It appears that the Jags are trying not to pull a jet move.... Glennon is starting and Robinson is out.
Yeah, Robinson was the only guy on that offense who would worry you at all. DJ Chark might've, with better QB play.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears have every reason to win. jags have every reason to lose. Jags offense has gone dormant. Not a good matchup against our defense. Their defense has seemingly fallen off the map. Bears show once again that they can do damage against a bad team. There's just no way this one is close.

Bears 30
Jags 13
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
docc
Head Coach

I need these next two games like Mars needs women....
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

If I pretended that I wasn’t a Bears fan, I just want Jags to lose so the jets don’t get Lawerance. I want the kid to kick ass, and he just would get killed in NJ.
AC 46Blitz
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!

With the AZ loss to SF yesterday, I have a renewed sense of optimism for the Bears. I feel like we can make the playoffs, and as we all know...the most dangerous team in the playoffs is the one that's riding a hot streak. I'd like to see the Bears defense build up some confidence against a bad Jags team.

Go Bears!!!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

DevilsProspect wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:49 pm It appears that the Jags are trying not to pull a jet move.... Glennon is starting and Robinson is out.

Arizona also lost so getting into playoffs should be all on the Bears. If they don’t screw up they are in, if they do they are out.
Glennon is playing QB...!? :rofl: Oh man, this is going to be sweet revenge after having to watch the giraffe under center for us for two years. That was so painful. If Mack can't sack this guy...yikes!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:00 pm I called for Mack and Hicks to take a game off. They may end up sitting it out. Here's the rest of the injury report, and both Skrine and Johnson are still out.
Star linebacker Khalil Mack (shoulder) and wide receiver Allen Robinson (hamstring) are listed as questionable in the team's official injury report. Both were held out of practice on Thursday and were limited participants on Friday.

Also listed as questionable for the Bears are defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (ankle), wideout/returner Cordarrelle Patterson (knee), defensive end Mario Edwards (hamstring), DT Bilal Nichols (knee) and DBs Duke Shelley (knee/foot) and Deon Bush (foot).

Ruled out for the Bears are defensive backs Buster Skrine (concussion) and Jaylon Johnson (shoulder) while tight end Demetrius Harris (foot) is listed as doubtful.
The D looks like the walking wounded. Hopefully the Bears O can string together a few long drives, score, and keep the Jags O off the field.
I hope we can get up by 2-3 touchdowns in the first half and pull the starters out.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Bears 63
Jaguars 9
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Bears inactives:

OL Lachavious Simmons
TE Demetrius Harris
WR Riley Ridley

DT Daniel McCullers
CB Buster Skrine
CB Jaylon Johnson

Disappointing for Ridley to miss out yet again...
WagonForce
MVP

Bears defense looks suspect against the Jags. Just gave up a first half TD to a team that hasn’t managed one in weeks.

Soft coverage, no pass rush, what is up with this unit?
UOK
Site Admin

This team looks so wonky. Pagano needs to be fired at first opportunity.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

Is Nagy caaling plays again? TE around at the 1 foot line? Mitch parked in the pocket?
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

Bootleg rollout around goal line makes me happy. ;)

I’m only getting to watch on red zone so not really seeing every play. But looks like the line playing well. Saw a blitz on 3rd down and it was picked up, first down to AROB.
AC 46Blitz
BreadNCircuses
Assistant Coach

3TDs in the 3rd Quarter? With THIS Bears team?
Bad defenses sure help make us look better than we should.

Also, How about Jimmy Graham?
2023 Preseason Downside prediction:
5-6 wins, never really healthy all season, a constant shuffling.
We're potentially in a position to draft in the Top 5 again, depending on the Carolina team, and probably have a low-teens (or better) pick ourselves.
UOK
Site Admin

Not sure what happened at the half, but holy shit.
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

BreadNCircuses wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:23 pm 3TDs in the 3rd Quarter? With THIS Bears team?
Bad defenses sure help make us look better than we should.

Also, How about Jimmy Graham?
People keep talking about bad defenses. To a degree it’s true, but you still have to get the job done. I’ll take it.
AC 46Blitz
UOK
Site Admin

Welp, huge game against Green Bay to finish the year.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:04 pm Bear 41
Jag 17

Can we see Pierce on 5-6 carries instead of CPatt... please? And Riley Ridley featured instead of Robinson (who is leaving!)? Also can we see Jesper Horsted instead of Jimmy Graham? C'mon ,man - give us some treats!
Congratulations IE, you're on a roll!
docc
Head Coach

A decent game...:)

Now beat Puke PLEASE