Halo: Infinite

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

So far this is awesome. I'm about 20 minutes in. Combat the entire time. Barely used the gun.

The grappleshot is your friend.

Don't want to ruin too much, but I'm loving the new Halo. Campaign mode was a separate download, but whatever.
wab
Mod

I held off on both COD and Battlefield, s this one might be the play.

Although I haven't played a Halo game in years, so I'll probably be pretty behind on whatever story continuity there's been.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

This game is 10X the game COD was. I haven't played the new Battlefield. COD was unplayable unwatchable shit compared to this.

The gameplay is really fun. Some of the rooms are like you're shitting me with the bad guy count. But the ammo management system is great. Unless you're a total spammer you won't run out of ammo. Then the game designer leaves these crates laying around you can pickup which act like massive grenades.

Did you play the new Doom game on the XBox? That ammo system was shit. Even on normal difficulty I was constantly running out. This isn't that. Nowhere close.

Then learn the grappleshot melee combo. The melee part is automatic. You'll 1HK a lot of bad guys that way.

The graphics are really good. IDK if they're ZOMG NEXT GEN, but the game looks great. Typical Halo graphics.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:12 pm I held off on both COD and Battlefield, s this one might be the play.

Although I haven't played a Halo game in years, so I'll probably be pretty behind on whatever story continuity there's been.
Did you ever get this game?
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:30 am
wab wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:12 pm I held off on both COD and Battlefield, s this one might be the play.

I downloaded it yesterday. I'm going to get into a little bit before the game tonight.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:11 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:30 am

I downloaded it yesterday. I'm going to get into a little bit before the game tonight.
How's it going with this?

Just beat the game last night.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:36 am
wab wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:11 am

So far so good. I haven’t made it very far because my damn family won’t get out of my media room. But it’s fun so far. I enjoy the open world concept.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:24 pm

So far so good. I haven’t made it very far because my damn family won’t get out of my media room. But it’s fun so far. I enjoy the open world concept.
I really liked it although it had its flaws.

The open world is great. Do the side missions because they’re fun.

Seriously take the time to get all the Spartan Cores you can.

Use those to max out your shield first then the grapple shot. I never got into the other abilities.

The grapple shot melee combo is the ticket to success.

The boss fights at times seem like rigged bullshit but they are beatable. YouTube videos are helpful with a couple hard ones.

I had the most success with the standard Spartan machine gun and then the Spartan rifle with the scope and three round burst. That won me 95% of all fights.

Be patient when fighting Hunters. They can kick your ass fast. Just move around with the grapple shot and wear them down.
wab
Mod

Yeah man. Hunters have been suuuuuper frustrating.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Just downloaded it last week. I like this game. Good so far. I like the weapon feedback and sounds. Getting more and more used to the grapple shot. Haven't run into any Hunters yet, but the big ugly Banished that charge right at you are frustrating. It has a COD feel to it, while maintaining the Halo architecture.
UOK
Site Admin

Been playing Halo Infinite for a couple weeks now.

Things I like:
  • level design is quite good
  • matchmaking has been fast
  • it was free for multiplayer
  • performance on Xbox Series S has been very smooth
Things I don't like:
  • energy sword and gravity hammer are still stupid overpowered, but I get it
  • some of the weapons are totally worthless
  • I'm old, so when I play against young people who play 40-60 hours a week, it's a total waste of time
  • hate that XP challenges dry up after a few hours of play for the week
  • XP isn't earned nearly fast enough
  • all the cool cosmetics are too expensive ($10 for the season pass, and $10 for a cool color scheme? c'mon now)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:42 am Been playing Halo Infinite for a couple weeks now.

Things I like:
Things I don't like:
  • I'm old, so when I play against young people who play 40-60 hours a week, it's a total waste of time
  • all the cool cosmetics are too expensive ($10 for the season pass, and $10 for a cool color scheme? c'mon now)
I haven't played multi-player yet. Just the campaign. There are opportunities to find new cosmetic schemes in the campaign that you can use on the multi-player side. I have no idea what they look like. But it's an option. Have you played the campaign yet?
UOK
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:26 am
UOK wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:42 am Been playing Halo Infinite for a couple weeks now.

Things I like:
Things I don't like:
I haven't played multi-player yet. Just the campaign. There are opportunities to find new cosmetic schemes in the campaign that you can use on the multi-player side. I have no idea what they look like. But it's an option. Have you played the campaign yet?
Nah. Halo's story has never done anything for me, and I'd rather not pay for it.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:24 pm

Ooooh....I want a media room! What's in it?
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The first episode of the Halo tv series aired. I've never played the game but found it quite good. They realized it couldn't just be a shoot-em-up tv show so they're slowing building characters and plot lines. The wife says they've already ordered a season 2.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wab
Mod

Grizzled wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:53 pm The first episode of the Halo tv series aired. I've never played the game but found it quite good. They realized it couldn't just be a shoot-em-up tv show so they're slowing building characters and plot lines. The wife says they've already ordered a season 2.
Lots of people are up in arms because it doesn't follow canon, but I thought it was pretty well done.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:35 am
Grizzled wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:53 pm The first episode of the Halo tv series aired. I've never played the game but found it quite good. They realized it couldn't just be a shoot-em-up tv show so they're slowing building characters and plot lines. The wife says they've already ordered a season 2.
Lots of people are up in arms because it doesn't follow canon, but I thought it was pretty well done.
I'm not a player of the game but apparently, in over 20 years, Master Chief hasn't revealed his face. TV/movies, though, have to be scripted/paced differently from a book and/or video game. I know how disappointed I usually am by movies made from books, the changes made. But they're going for the long haul so several storylines have to be developed.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.