Slipper Fits for Cinderella Bengals

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

spudbear
MVP

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better it did. Not many picked the Bengals, and for them to win in OT in spite of the Chiefs winning the coin flip - incredible. Did anybody else notice Mahomes playing tight in the second half? Once it got to 21-3 it had the makings of a snoozer but the Chiefs let the Bengals hang around.

I'm amazed they didn't call a personal foul on the clothesline tackle after the Bengals intercepted in OT. CIN also showed that having a strong RB can make a difference in a close game. Onto LA for Burrows and the Bengals. Congrats.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
IotaNet
MVP

Gotta tip your cap to the Bengals. They have not flinched once and to your point, KC definitely played tight in the second half.

Good year for Cincinnati football when you think of college and pro. Congrats to them!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Chiefs win the first half 21-3 and then Bengals flip the script and win the second half 21-3 ... when the Chiefs won the coin toss, I thought Burrow was about to suffer the same fate as Allen ... wild game with a lot of back and forth great plays and stupid ones as well

congrats to the Bengals ... will they be facing the 49ers yet again in the Super Bowl?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
WP.1
Player of the Month

Joe Cool is back. :-D
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The Chiefs made the Nagy halftime adjustments and ran the Nagy offense in the second half.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Best argument in favor of the current OT rules. Once again, I like them just the way they are. The only thing I might change is a change of possession after one quarter with the team not getting the first OT kickoff getting it in the second OT quarter. But the current rules beat the hell out of college. That's for sure.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Cincy's D stepped up in the second half and it seemed as if Andy Reid thought that lead was insurmountable. Chiefs played it too safe in the 2nd. I am a Mahomes and Kelce fan but it it pretty cool seeing Cincy move on.

Will the 80s be relived, 9ers v Bengals?
dplank
Hall of Famer

docc
Head Coach

My friends in Cincy just text the crazy dance at their home..My buddy is proof not all black people can dance !!

Congrats Cliff..and the Cincy folks..
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

bengals are a very flawed team and are heading to the super bowl. i hope this pours some cold water on everyone in here who thinks we shouldnt be trying to compete because our team isnt perfect.

i know it wont, but i really wish it would.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:26 pm I'm amazed they didn't call a personal foul on the clothesline tackle after the Bengals intercepted in OT.
There were a lot of non-calls in both games today. It was as if the officials had been told to let things go as much as possible and took it to extremes. That clothesline was blatant. I'm glad it didn't ultimately affect the outcome. Some of the non-calls in the NFC game were even more egregious. In many ways it made for better games and I don't lament the little stuff being allowed to slide and players being given some latitude, but ignoring big personal fouls is taking it too far.

I'm so pleased the Bengals pulled it off. I thought they were doomed after the first half. Reid was an idiot for letting Mahomes go for it on the last play before the half instead of kicking the chip shot field goal and it came back to bite them. Then when Mahomes had all day at the end of the game I thought for sure he'd find someone open for the go ahead TD and when he fumbled and it didn't fall the Bengals way my heart told me it still wasn't going to be the Bengals day, which was further underlined when they lost the toss in OT. Amazing that against all the odds they pulled it out of the bag!

It's not that I have any great fondness for the Bengals, I just didn't want KC to make a third straight Super Bowl. It's the same reason I rooted against the Bucs and Patriots (and the Packers of course); I prefer to see different teams being successful rather than one or two teams dominate. I'd think differently if it was the Bears dominating of course, but alas it never has been in my lifetime!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

God I hope the Bengals win it all.

I'm loving the whole Joe Burrow / Ja'Marr Chase thing.

And My Guy Tony Romo called another beauty yesterday.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

RustinFields wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:01 pm bengals are a very flawed team and are heading to the super bowl. i hope this pours some cold water on everyone in here who thinks we shouldnt be trying to compete because our team isnt perfect.

i know it wont, but i really wish it would.
That would require an extraordinary misinterpretation of what has happened.

The Bengals were a playoff team for nearly all of 2009-2015
Then they slipped.
Kept trying for a few years, futilely.
Then fired Marvin Lewis and started over, making very little FA effort at first, and falling to 2-14.
Made the SB just 2 yrs after that.

The takeaway from the Bengals is: REBUILD
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:02 am
spudbear wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:26 pm I'm amazed they didn't call a personal foul on the clothesline tackle after the Bengals intercepted in OT.
There were a lot of non-calls in both games today. It was as if the officials had been told to let things go as much as possible and took it to extremes. That clothesline was blatant. I'm glad it didn't ultimately affect the outcome. Some of the non-calls in the NFC game were even more egregious. In many ways it made for better games and I don't lament the little stuff being allowed to slide and players being given some latitude, but ignoring big personal fouls is taking it too far.

I'm so pleased the Bengals pulled it off. I thought they were doomed after the first half. Reid was an idiot for letting Mahomes go for it on the last play before the half instead of kicking the chip shot field goal and it came back to bite them. Then when Mahomes had all day at the end of the game I thought for sure he'd find someone open for the go ahead TD and when he fumbled and it didn't fall the Bengals way my heart told me it still wasn't going to be the Bengals day, which was further underlined when they lost the toss in OT. Amazing that against all the odds they pulled it out of the bag!

It's not that I have any great fondness for the Bengals, I just didn't want KC to make a third straight Super Bowl. It's the same reason I rooted against the Bucs and Patriots (and the Packers of course); I prefer to see different teams being successful rather than one or two teams dominate. I'd think differently if it was the Bears dominating of course, but alas it never has been in my lifetime!
Have you guys not watched the playoffs and Super Bowl the last 15 years?

NFL always does this in the postseason.