Senior Bowl 2022: HB/TE/QB

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

QBs:

There seemed like there were "Poor Man" versions of guys you know

Pickett was poor mans Mac Jones

Willis was poor mans Fields (middle class mans?)

Howell was poor mans Baker Mayfield

Zappe - Poor Mans G. Minshew

Carson Strong - Better named worse necked Mike Glennon?

Not a transcendent group

Best "Take a Flyer" type QB I saw in all the games/practices was Jack Coan - Notre Dame and he was at the Shrine Game

HB -

Bama HB Robinson - Best back in attendance - BIG Pass Pro win (knocked the Defender on his Ass), absolutely looks the part (and not a ton of carries in College so there is some tread left on the tires)

Pledger - HB - Has some Juice, Better hands than advertised, mistook him for a WR on one Pass Rep 1 on 1,

Heyward - Michigan State - Jack of All Trades - Didnt stand out as much as Ben Mason

#27 Pierce Florida - Great Attitude, Runs HARD (you will see the clip of him getting his helmet knocked off in regular season but running 5 more hard yards into the end zone without a helmet anyway), Good Pass Block Rep, Has Juice on Runs - Limited use in College
BUT
Drop, Another Drop, Drop AND a bad route, another drop - I dont think you can count on him in the passing game like at all

TE- This was a really good Senior Bowl class

Announcers (McShay) really liked the Coastal Carolina kid - but he didn't blow me away - Good Athlete to be sure, watched some "meh" routes though and added in a drop, seems a bit overrated

McBride - Good solid TE - has veteran craftiness to his game already - but didn't seem like the athlete you'd think considering people think he's the consensus #1 TE in the Class. Not the tallest TE you are ever gonna see either, Decent Blocker too - seems like a guy you'll never have to take off the field, "Good"

UCLA TE Dulcich - Really liked this kid - He's probably below average as a blocker but at the very least he WILL compete , As a Pass Catching TE is where he excels. Looks to have good speed and good routes. Multiple won Reps in 1 on 1s

#88 Bellinger - Bad. Maybe one of the worst blockers you'll see - Coaches did him absolutely NO favors by putting him in a one on one v. DE (already favors the DE since no garbage to deal with) but even then it was bad. Saw him beaten badly as to Pass Pro in other drills as well. And Doesn't seem to be the level of athlete where this doesnt matter because hes a TEINO

Wish I got more Ruckert tOSU snaps - Basically just have to give an incomplete here (It was the one National Practice I missed)
thunderspirit
Head Coach

My TE observations:
  • Dulcich was easily the best TE in attendance. I was pretty high on him coming in, and he lived up to my expectations. I think he's TE1 after his Combine.
  • McBride and Likely were both fine, but I didn't see any wow in them. I expect both will be limited to receiving roles and might be productive but their blocking will make it hard to keep them on the field.
  • Cole Turner disappointed me. I didn't see a next-level athlete at all.
RB observations:
  • I was most impressed by Jerome Ford's week at the Senior Bowl practices. Caught the ball well out of the backfield.
  • Robinson was definitely second on my list, though. Dude did everything all week, including special teams work.
QBs I thought improved themselves at the Senior Bowl were Malik Willis and Desmond Ridder. If I were gonna bet on anyone from the rosters based on Senior Bowl week, it'd be those two. I was a Sam Howell fan all last year and much of this one, but he didn't look very good in this setting. Hope I'm wrong when he moves to the NFL.*

* offer not valid if he gets drafted by the Vikings or Lions.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Nice Thunder - appreciate it