Bear Goggles On Mock Draft

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

dave99
Assistant Coach

https://beargoggleson.com/2022/03/27/ch ... l-offense/

I like this one quite a bit. Even the punter
Pickens is a gamble that might be available later, but not out of the question.
Petit-Frere gives us a legit LT prospect who knows his QB
Strange is a mauler who will replace Whitehair maybe sooner than later.
So is Chenal, a throwback to old school Mikes that warms the cockles of my hardened heart.
I don't know much about the next 3 but the punter "god" Araiza can flip fields make JF's job much easier.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Pickens
- I don't know what to think of him. He has really good size at 6'3". But Georgia wasn't exactly known for their offense. I do like the idea of taller receivers.

Petit-Frere
- No brainer of a pick if he's there. Let him and Jenkins compete for LT and put the other at RT.

Strange
- I had him on a mock that I did so obviously I like the pick. The only thing I'll say is that he needs to gain weight. He's listed as barely over 300. If that guy is able to gain 20 with a good trainer, add that to his play style and some people are going to get fucked up.

Chenal
- There's no chance Roquan is playing MLB? I like the pick just not sure where I'd put him. Will?
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I like it.

I prefer Watson as my WR1 and Thornton or Gray as my WR2
Tyler Smith or Petit-Frere for OT
Marquis Hayes or Strange for guard
Troy Anderson for LB
Tariq Castro-Fields for CB
Pitre or K Joseph for Safety.

Definitely draft that Punter
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

dave99
Assistant Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:30 am Pickens
- I don't know what to think of him. He has really good size at 6'3". But Georgia wasn't exactly known for their offense. I do like the idea of taller receivers.

Petit-Frere
- No brainer of a pick if he's there. Let him and Jenkins compete for LT and put the other at RT.

Strange
- I had him on a mock that I did so obviously I like the pick. The only thing I'll say is that he needs to gain weight. He's listed as barely over 300. If that guy is able to gain 20 with a good trainer, add that to his play style and some people are going to get fucked up.

Chenal
- There's no chance Roquan is playing MLB? I like the pick just not sure where I'd put him. Will?
Here is Draft Network on Pickens:
He is fluid and shows good body control as a route-runner, easily attacking leverage against man coverage. He has a very good catch radius and shows tremendous athleticism to contort his body and make difficult catches on off-target throws. He is a natural hands-catcher with strong mitts who easily catches the ball away from his body. He is a matchup problem in slant/fade situations. He can defeat press with foot quickness but will need to add mass, bulk, and upper-body strength to his wiry frame in order to play through physicality in the NFL. Because he is lean and there have been injury concerns in his past, this could affect the projection to the next level. So while the grade is reflective of the talent level, there are other factors that could factor into his projection. Ultimately, he has redeeming value in his athleticism, agility, and catch radius.
He ran a 4:47 at the combine, so not super fast but not slow.
The biggest questions are strength and a recent ACL tear.
I'd rather have Watson, but Pickens is OK too.

Petit-Frere is a natural LT, Jenkins a road grader RT. I would let them both play to their strengths.

I thought Roquan was penciled in at Will, leaving an opening at MLB. Can't be sure, Poles is terrible at returning my calls.
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

The way this GM is shaping up, I expect him to draft 6 QBs in 2022
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Fills holes, lots of them. I’d take a flyer on Watson over Pickens.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
G08
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:28 pm Fills holes, lots of them. I’d take a flyer on Watson over Pickens.
Watson might go in the 1st round...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:16 pm
Grizzled wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:28 pm Fills holes, lots of them. I’d take a flyer on Watson over Pickens.
Watson might go in the 1st round...
Yes. KC and GB both need WRs to fill new holes. Gonna be a lot of WRs taken before the Bears are on the clock.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.