TMP Mocks It Again: Hopefully This Doesn't Suck

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I converted to the NFL Mock Draft Simulator and I think it's a superior format to Fanspeak. Although it sucks on Chrome. I had to use MSFT's browser. Whatever. Life goes on.

Everytime I get offered a trade, it always involves a 2023 pick so I'm not interested because this is me just bullshitting about 2022.

Here goes:

Round 2, #39: Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia

- Big effort guy who should fit in well with Coach's philosophy. Can line up virtually anywhere on the DL. Disruptive player.

Round 2, #48: Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

- ILB in college, but I'd make him the Sam here. Fights through blocks. Fast and covers TEs well. Another effort guy. Big game player too. Half of his career sacks came in SEC Championship or playoff games.

Round 3, #71: Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State

- Very consistent blocker. Does not allow many pressure. Big boy at 6'7". Naturally good at technique.

From here I started going BPA.

Round 5, #148 Cole Strange, OG, Chattanooga

- Even though I'm not a big fan of late drafted OL, he was sitting right there and we need the bodies.

Round 5, #150 Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee

Round 6, #186 Markquese Bell, S, Florida A&M
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I often go for Lucas and Strange :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Z Bear
MVP

Fanspeak kind of sucks, it is jsut nice they have all the different boards to use (even though some are very unrealistic.) NFL Mock Draft Simulator and https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/ are much better.
G08
Hall of Famer

No WR?

SAM will play roughly 15% of the time in this defense.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:39 pm No WR?

WRs normally take a couple years to develop after they've been drafted. I'm not a big fan of drafting WRs.

As far as LBs go. We need the bodies and Harris is a stud.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:49 am

WRs normally take a couple years to develop after they've been drafted. I'm not a big fan of drafting WRs.

Too true about WRs. There doesn't appear to be a Ja'Mar Chase this year but look at Davante Adams, Antonio Brown, Cooper Krupp. All drafted in 3rd or lower but playmakers like the Bears need. Hopefully they even double dip at the position and Getsy's offense wil let them get up to speed faster than WRs usually develop.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:04 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:49 am

Too true about WRs. There doesn't appear to be a Ja'Mar Chase this year but look at Davante Adams, Antonio Brown, Cooper Krupp. All drafted in 3rd or lower but playmakers like the Bears need. Hopefully they even double dip at the position and Getsy's offense wil let them get up to speed faster than WRs usually develop.
One WR I do like and one I could live with drafting if he's there in the third round is Christian Watson from North Dakota State. He's been there pretty consistently.

The NFL Mock Draft Simulator has him listed at 6'5", 208 with a 4.44 40. I really like the tall receivers especially with a younger QB. Imagine having a six inch advantage (before vertical leap) on the CB.

I could live drafting the guy and having him in for red zone situations to get his feet wet and develop. He'd be an awesome target for Fields.

Watch the Jet Sweep play at about the 2:00 mark.

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:52 am
Grizzled wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:04 am

One WR I do like and one I could live with drafting if he's there in the third round is Christian Watson from North Dakota State. He's been there pretty consistently.

The NFL Mock Draft Simulator has him listed at 6'5", 208 with a 4.44 40. I really like the tall receivers especially with a younger QB. Imagine having a six inch advantage (before vertical leap) on the CB.

I could live drafting the guy and having him in for red zone situations to get his feet wet and develop. He'd be an awesome target for Fields.

Watch the Jet Sweep play at about the 2:00 mark.

I'm not so sure he'll even make it out of the 1st between the Pack and the Chiefs. There are some other guys to consider at 39, 48, and 71. I would like to see the Bears take a stab at one of those electric playmakers in a double dip: Wan'Dale Robinson (Kentucky), Calvin Austin (Memphis), Skye Moore from Western Michigan, Khalil Shakir from Boise State.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Yeah, that was my thought too. On the WR...
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Did a mock draft, took nothing but OL, WR, and 2 TE. Might be a bit extreme, though.