Senior Bowl 2022: DL

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

DL/Pass Rusher

Perrion Winfrey - DL - Showed up All week

Malone - He has WAY more pop than you'd think for his size, win v 77, Speed to Power

Wyatt- Georgia - Looks Good. More Athletic than given credit for - 3 Tech? I think so. Multiple quality reps in 1 on 1s, Win v Georgia, Stoned by LSU Guard though

Bama - Mathis - Very Disappointed with him all week, JAG, meh, ok, Just dont see it

Engabare - Strong, and analysts really liked him, but I was kind of meh, Not sure there is a fall back option if power doesnt work (helped that they put him in a drill 1 on 1 v. a terrible blocking TE), Loss to SATU, Lacking "It", Moves?

Ridgeway - Good motor for big guy, win v. KY, Good Bull v. Tenn

Farrell Jr LSU - Good Rep, Even stalemates dont look bad, might need to add some moves,win outside too

E. Johnson- Has Power, Easy Win v Kinnard, Pure Bull rush type - one trick pony but its a good trick,good bull

Barno - VT - Shows some pop, Frame to get stronger but needs to add strength (no bull rush)

#7Williams - win v ky, easy w, Will be very interesting to see what his measureables are, some bend to him

#17 Carter - Quick for DT, Won with power as well, loss to 71

FSU 96 - Easy win

Houston - Hall - intriguing prospect. So very so-so reps, but has quickness for size Some Bennett to him, good bull

T Jones - UConn - Big boy who plays low and with power, Good Rip with Hands, violent +powerful, Losses dont look bad, win v 77

Mafe - Lots of potential here - didnt play with hand on ground apparently and still looked pretty natural doing it - Testing will be key but looked good, Good dip and rip move

#93 tOSU - Garret - Got hurt by Michigan player, Fatter E. Eliot

tOSU - Smith - Beat penning (Speed move), bull no match for penning though

PSU - #40 - Has Pass Rushing chops, + some quickness
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Ok @RichH55 I guess we are back in the 3T market after the failed physical. Are any of these prospects worth researching outside of Devonte Wyatt and Perrion Winfrey (both of whom will likely be gone by 39)? Maybe Carter? Do you like Hall at 3T?
xyt in the discord chats
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Winfrey I think could very well be there at 39 or later

Hall can play 3T for sure.

Wyatt is a guy you run the card up for

Carter I think could do that as well

Its just a really good DL crop
Z Bear
MVP

Demarvin Leal has been dropping and Travis Jones from UConn has been rising, it seems there will be a lot of good choices for DT at 39. I could see Leal, Wyatt, Jones, and Winfrey all there. DT and WR would make the most sense for round 2 seletions based on the possible talent available and need.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Red flags for rising UGA DT … Walter Football is reporting that more than one team has taken rising Georgia DT Devonte Wyatt off their board as a result of character concerns stemming from several incidents of domestic violence. Wyatt was reportedly arrested for family violence in February of 2020 which led teams to find three other incidents of domestic violence in his background. Wyatt, who was a key member of the Bulldogs’ 2021 national championship defensive line had a strong combine and has been consistently mocked in the latter part of the opening round. He has also had pre-draft visits with at least a half a dozen teams including Green Bay, Kansas City, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and the NY Jets. Needless to say we’ll get a better idea at the end of next week about how teams feel about the issue.
Besides Leal falling, Wyatt is in trouble now, too.

Bears probably won't touch Wyatt on this, even if he slid. So no benefit there.
OTOH, Winfrey may rise, which could hurt the Bears. He was positioned to be possibly there and a consideration at 39.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.