Rd 7, P226: Ja'Tyre Carter, G - Southern

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Xee
Site Admin

IE
Hall of Famer

Watch his interview. Poles drafted not just physical specimens, but also very well spoken and earnest guys. To the point where the interviewers seem to ask them all if they're too nice to be good at football... until they guy says something like "oh when I'm playing I'm playing to the echo of the whistle and putting people on their asses" (paraphrasing).
"My coaches love my ability to run through the smoke" - Vay Jones
IE
Hall of Famer

If you want to skip Tupac, you can go to 1:35. LOL. Great video of him playing HS hoops and getting some air around 4:30 (averaged a double-double not bad).
IE
Hall of Famer

Senior Bowl highlights
TheWorldBreaker
Crafty Veteran

IE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:29 pm Senior Bowl highlights
He’s not moved by a couple of dlinemen that some were advocating the Bears take in the second…
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Scouting reports:
SI.com
Bleacher Report

https://ras.football/ras-information/?P ... G&wu=&ovl=

UOK EDIT: No premium Athletic content
KFFL refugee.
AZ_Bearfan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:54 pm Poles went to a nice steakhouse, ordered the cheapest thing on the menu and is stuffing the bread rolls in his pockets for later. Poles is basically my mom.
Bearfacts
Assistant Coach

Smaller LT guy with some quickness and pretty good feet. With some of these later picks it's hard to project how they'll look playing a position they haven't played before in college but he has the right physical traits and size for a zone scheme OG. When you draft OL this late you kinda hope that if you draft enough of them one or two will actually blossom into a starter or a top level backup.
dave99
Player of the Month

The final lineman selected by the Bears in the draft, Ja’Tyre Carter, has something the other players picked ahead of him don’t: He was an elite pass blocker in college. Carter was so elite while playing at Southern, in fact, that he ranked in the 100th percentile for pass blocking, according to Pro Football Focus.
https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/ch ... s-to-know/
Bearfacts
Assistant Coach

If he can pass block that well in the NFL my guess is that Cody Whitehair's job at LG will be at risk in 2023.