Aaron Rodgers signs historic 4yr, $200M contract with Packers

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

Bearfacts
MVP

Aaron Rodgers has been an arrogant prick most of his adult life but he does understand one thing and that's just how important winning another Super Bowl is to Green Bay and not coincidentally to himself. He had a 50 yard line seat while watching what Brett Favre did as he played the Packers along for a couple of years so he figures he'll do the same. It paid off for Favre and it's paying off for him as well but only in dollars. He consistently loses big games but wins another MVP for himself and he loves that even more.

His popularity in Cheeseville has plummeted. Half the town would prefer to see him gone except they know as does the Packer organization that without him they have no chance of even getting to a Super Bowl let alone winning one. Much like that guy who used to squat in the WH many fans hate him for how he behaves and who he is but they tolerate him because he gives them what they want. Winning seasons and he wipes his ass with the Bears whom they hate even more than they hate Rodgers. Soon it will end.

I think maybe you would have to live in Green Bay as I did for a very long time before you'd truly understand just how much of that towns identity is tied to the fortunes of their Packers. Most Bears fans are fiercely loyal even when the team is losing but Packer fans are like zealots who will never tolerate anyone putting down their team. The Packers aren't just a football team. In GB they're a way of life and happiness depends on them winning. To an extent even the GB economy depends on them winning.

In most sports winning and losing is all part of a cycle but somehow GB has managed to have back to back HOF QBs in a sport where the QB is everything. Have a good one you win more. Have a great one, or two in this case, and you begin to believe the wins will never stop only they will. They always do. There was a similar attitude back in the late '60s under Lombardi until St Vince left and reality hit. The '70s Packers were much like the Bears have been. Bart Starr retired and they lacked another HOF QB who could win like he did. So they made him a HC and found he played much better than he coached. They were losers.

Then came the '80s and the Bears owned them. They got so frustrated that they couldn't beat us they showed up ready to maim McMahon just to spoil our string of wins and rain on our parade as far as winning another Super Bowl. They were big time losers who became cheap shot artists. Our winning era ended as the McCaskey's took over and much like now showed just how little they knew about operating an NFL team and in GB along came Favre and their resurrection. Then came Rodgers and it continued. What I wonder is how GB will take it when there is no 3rd HOF waiting in the wings and the losing begins again. It won't be pretty.

But.....in the meantime Aaron Rodger will happily take them for as much money as he can before leaving once he realizes that despite his MVP awards he will never be seen as the GOAT. Brady will keep that title and that galls Rodgers as well. He thinks he's far more talented than Brady but he lacks the rings to show it so he'll soothe his ego with Packer millions instead. He's not a nice guy, he's never been a nice guy, and he will never be a nice guy or ever get over those shots of him sitting around on draft day watching team after team pass on him and not being the first QB taken. He holds grudges like a pit bull holds a piece of meat.

Take heart Bears fans. Rodgers is on his way out. He's not the player he once was and were it not for the fact that the NFCN has been so weak for so long he would not even have what he does now. If Justin Fields becomes who we believe he can be and Ryan Poles is as good a GM and Matt Eberflus as good a HC as we believe they can be we won't have that much longer to wait until things are reversed and as Poles said we'll take over the NFCN again and never give it back. I do believe that can happen.
Last edited by Bearfacts on Mon May 09, 2022 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Bearfacts wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:46 am Duplicate post :ashamed:
No problem, friend - that post Bears repeating. :clap:
No matter how you try to box him in, whatever realistic scenario you propose to build around him is going to include the fashion aspect(s) of Caleb's dramatic personality.
Xee
Site Admin

Great post, @Bearfacts.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I just want Field’s bears to give him a spanking.

Our secondary is going to enjoy picking him. He better learn to tackle :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Bearfacts
MVP

pus wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:22 am
Bearfacts wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:46 am Duplicate post :ashamed:
Thanks brother..... :toast:

I just all 'em as I see 'em.
Bearfacts
MVP

Xee wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:31 am Great post, @Bearfacts.
Thanks. Couldn't resist... :toast:

One problem that's developed in GB over the years is they've become addicted to winning and turn QBs into minor deities. Tthen when the fans get played for fools they turn on them like they did with Favre. Rodgers day is coming a well.
Bearfacts
MVP

Bearfacts wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:43 pm
pus wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:22 am

Thanks brother..... :toast:

I just call 'em as I see 'em.
Bearfacts
MVP

As long as we're on this topic here's some news we can all enjoy.

Cryptocurrency is down bad. Bitcoin has lost 54% of its value in the last six months, going from $65K per coin to $30.5K this morning.

You know who we're thinking about? The athletes who took at least a portion of their salaries in...BTC.

Rodgers got 'a portion' of his $33.5M salary converted to BTC on Nov. 1. Assuming he still has it, that portion is worth ~50% less today than it was then.

No Aaron. It's buy low/sell high. Ya' got it backwards somehow. LOL