Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

for reference and for discussion

ages, years left, etc
some guesses as to who gets in
depth charts are obviously inexact
some lesser players don't have all the details filled in

OL[9]: Borom(23/3), Whitehair(30/3), Patrick(29/2), Dozier(31/1), Jenkins(24/3)
Jones<R5-2?>, Thomas<R6-2?>, Kramer<R6-2?>,
Carter <R7-2?>, Davenport(27/1)
Simmons(26/ERFA**), Mustipher(26/ERFA*), Wright(26/1**), Eiselen(26/PS**), Coleman, Delance

QB[2]: Fields(23/3+1), Siemian(30/1)
Peterman(28/1)

HB[4]: Montgomery(25/1), Herbert(24/3), Evans(24/2**), Ebner<R6-2?>
Tuggle

FB[1]: Blasingame(26/1)

WR[6]: Mooney(25/2), Pringle(29/1), St Brown(26/1)
Moore(27/1), Jones<25-R3>, Sharpe(28/1)

Pettis(27/1), Webster(26-PS*), Newsome(23/3**), Coulter(24/PS**)
Shaa, Finke,

TE[3]: Kmet(23/2), Griffin(32/1), O’Shaughnessy(30/1)
Rysen, Tonges, Allen

DL[8]: Muhammad(27/1), Blackson(30/1), Jones(26/2), Quinn(32/3)
Gipson(25/2*), Tonga(26/3*), Edwards(28/2), Robinson<R5-2?>

Attaochu(29/1), Alufohai(26/PS**), Kamara(24/1e**), Snowden(24/PS**)
London(25/PS**), Dew-Treadway, Taylor

LB[6]: Thomas(31/1), Morrow(27/1), Smith(25/1)
Johnson(24/2r*), Adams(27/1), Dawkins(25/1*)

Sanborn(21/UDFA), Albright, Avery

CB[5]: Johnson(23/2), Gordon<22-R2>, Graham(23/3), Young(28/1), Vildor(24/2)
Shelley(26/1), Joseph(27/?**), Stroman(26/?*), Jackson(24/?*), Keyes(25/?**), Jones, Green

S[5]: Brisker<23-R2>, Jackson(28/3)
Cruikshank(27/1), H-C(29/1)
Hicks<R7-2?>

Alexander, Thomas

K: Santos(31/2)
P: Gill<R7-2?>
LS: Scales(34/1)
Ortiz

PR: Jones, Newsome, Ebner, Moore, Webster, Pringle
KR: Herbert, Jones, Ebner, Pringle, Webster, Evans

1 roster spot left. DB would be my best guess, but no one stands out for that 11th spot.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Ebner (b. 1/2/99), Robinson (b. 7/2/98), Hicks (b. 10/16/99), and Gill (b. 1/1/99) are all 23.

I'm not convinced either of Griffin or O’Shaughnessy make the cut, but it may be a case of the devil they know.

I'm also not completely convinced Vildor is as bad as he looked last year. (But then again, it'd be hard to look as bad as he looked last year.)
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
dplank
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:33 pm Ebner (b. 1/2/99), Robinson (b. 7/2/98), Hicks (b. 10/16/99), and Gill (b. 1/1/99) are all 23.

I'm not convinced either of Griffin or O’Shaughnessy make the cut, but it may be a case of the devil they know.

I'm also not completely convinced Vildor is as bad as he looked last year. (But then again, it'd be hard to look as bad as he looked last year.)
Agree re: Vildor. The DB's will be playing a lot different style this year than what we've seen, so we really need to see how each of these guys translates to the new system before we will really know. Vildor is a guy I could see coming back and playing much better than what we saw last year.
Middleguard
MVP

Based on Getsy's time with the Packers and Eberflus' time with the Colts, I predict the following for the final 53:
QB 2
IOL 5
OT 4
TE 4
WR 6
RB 3
FB 1
DE 6
DT 4
LB 6
CB 5
S 4
sp 3
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm Based on Getsy's time with the Packers and Eberflus' time with the Colts, I predict the following for the final 53:
QB 2
IOL 5
OT 4
TE 4
WR 6
RB 3
FB 1
DE 6
DT 4
LB 6
CB 5
S 4
sp 3
DId you use their previous Opening Day rosters for that? Some I can see, some not.

If they're going to try and substitute and stay fresh, I could see 1 extra DL (9), but 2 is hard to believe.
At DB, if they're going to go heavy on nickel, I can't see them shorting it with only 9.
4 TE 3 RB vs the other way around - could easily go either way, IMO. Since I see 3 credible TEs and 4 credible HBs, I went with that one.
Another possibility I didn't mention is - if they are barely ever going to use a SLB, I could see them maybe going with only 5 LBs.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:33 pm I'm not convinced either of Griffin or O’Shaughnessy make the cut, but it may be a case of the devil they know.
I'm very unexcited by them, too (and preferred Jesse James and [healthy] Horsted). But I'm not seeing anything beyond a superlongshot of the kids beating them out. It would have to be a late cut, IMO.

IE
Hall of Famer

Things I think I think:

- I'm a little surprised at where Moore is pegged here. I see the WR depth as Mooney Pringle, Jones, ESB, Sharpe and then whoever makes the 6th. I really wonder if Dazz can dazzle them or not.
- I wonder how strongly they feel about Carter and whether he'd go to the PS. If they're going youth, I think they should go youth.
- I don't see them keeping 4 TEs and believe Ebner and Blasingame are going to end up with some of the work of whatever "H" type roles they have. The 3 TEs are basically a Ys.
- I wonder if they might go with only 5 LBs. I know LBs are ST-ers but they have a LOT of other good sized fast guys (Ebner, Blas, some WRs, TEs) for ST. If what they said is true and they'll be in Nickel 80-85% of the time... why would you keep a LB or two just for ST?
- I don't see Herbert having a KR role with the other returners now on the roster. They're kind of stacked at KR.
- I agree Vildor could be better than how people thought he looked last year. I thought he was better than it looked anyway. I thought Shelley showed some playmaking ability as well, when he wasn't looking lost (was that coaching, or lack of discipline?).
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

IE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:12 pm Things I think I think:

- I'm a little surprised at where Moore is pegged here. I see the WR depth as Mooney Pringle, Jones, ESB, Sharpe and then whoever makes the 6th. I really wonder if Dazz can dazzle them or not.
I expect that's a case of two spots realistically being up for grabs, and someone is going to step up into them. Remains to be seen who those two will be, but I admit that Sharpe would be one of my guesses as well...though it's only a guess.
IE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:12 pm- I wonder how strongly they feel about Carter and whether he'd go to the PS. If they're going youth, I think they should go youth.
I'm honestly wondering if any if them end up on the practice squad. Carter and Thomas are most likely to duke it out for RG, and Whitehair and Patrick are the other starters inside with Borom, Jenkins, Jones, and Davenport at tackle, leaving one spot. Don't know who that will be, but I admit Dozier being that guy would surprise me a whole lot. Although Kramer looks like an ideal candidate to wind up with some preseason injury that redshirts him, so maybe. (Frankly I think Robinson will end up on redshirt IR too.)
IE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:12 pm- I wonder if they might go with only 5 LBs. I know LBs are ST-ers but they have a LOT of other good sized fast guys (Ebner, Blas, some WRs, TEs) for ST. If what they said is true and they'll be in Nickel 80-85% of the time... why would you keep a LB or two just for ST?
This one is interesting for sure. Smith and Morrow are locks, of course. And I have to think Adams sticks around, if for no other reason than familiarity with the system. Possibly Johnson too, though I question whether he's fast enough. I think Sanborn makes the cut and Albright and Avery go to the practice squad. So it really comes down to who sticks between Johnson and Dawkins. I'd bet on the latter based on nothing more than speed and length.
IE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:12 pm- I agree Vildor could be better than how people thought he looked last year. I thought he was better than it looked anyway. I thought Shelley showed some playmaking ability as well, when he wasn't looking lost (was that coaching, or lack of discipline?).
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

- I wonder how strongly they feel about Carter and whether he'd go to the PS. If they're going youth, I think they should go youth.
- I don't see them keeping 4 TEs and believe Ebner and Blasingame are going to end up with some of the work of whatever "H" type roles they have. The 3 TEs are basically a Ys.
- I wonder if they might go with only 5 LBs. I know LBs are ST-ers but they have a LOT of other good sized fast guys (Ebner, Blas, some WRs, TEs) for ST. If what they said is true and they'll be in Nickel 80-85% of the time... why would you keep a LB or two just for ST?
- I don't see Herbert having a KR role with the other returners now on the roster. They're kind of stacked at KR.
- I agree Vildor could be better than how people thought he looked last year. I thought he was better than it looked anyway. I thought Shelley showed some playmaking ability as well, when he wasn't looking lost (was that coaching, or lack of discipline?).
Order within the rows are usually about where they line up on the field, not order of quality. So, for example, Quinn is listed on the far right of the first DL row because he lines up at RDE with the first team, not because he's the 4th best DL. Likewise I picked Moore winning the free for all for the 6th WR spot and primarily playing SE, so he's in row 2 on the left.

I've mentioned before - as much as I don't like Davenport, he's likely the only non-rookie backup available. I can't see them going 100% rookie there - especially with 1 being a project, and 2 switching positions. And both starting tackles being very inexperienced and unproven, on top of that.

I agree about 5 LBs, but OTOH, Poles/Flus seem to be nuts about ST, so...

IE
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:24 am

Order within the rows are usually about where they line up on the field, not order of quality. So, for example, Quinn is listed on the far right of the first DL row because he lines up at RDE with the first team, not because he's the 4th best DL. Likewise I picked Moore winning the free for all for the 6th WR spot and primarily playing SE, so he's in row 2 on the left.

I've mentioned before - as much as I don't like Davenport, he's likely the only non-rookie backup available. I can't see them going 100% rookie there - especially with 1 being a project, and 2 switching positions. And both starting tackles being very inexperienced and unproven, on top of that.

I agree about 5 LBs, but OTOH, Poles/Flus seem to be nuts about ST, so...
Gotcha on Moore. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he made the cut - he's been a productive NFL WR when he's had the chance.

Maybe they'll keep one more OL than people expect to keep a guy like Davenport and also keep a guy like Carter.

You're right about ST but he upgraded the athleticism across the board and to me it is a reason they could keep 4 RBs or 7 WR or maybe an extra DE in Robinson even though he's so green - because he could be a ST terror like Idonije was. The thinking there is why keep that 6th LB just for ST when you can keep a guy somewhere else and they'll play plus participate on ST.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:12 pm - I don't see them keeping 4 TEs and believe Ebner and Blasingame are going to end up with some of the work of whatever "H" type roles they have. The 3 TEs are basically a Ys.
Dunno. OSHA sounds to me like he's here for mostly pass catching duty.

Is Bleacher Report banned or something?
The link doesn't show

O'Shaughnessy is a stout 6'4", 245-pound tight end with all the physical skills of a future NFL pass-catcher. He ran an impressive 4.68-second 40-yard dash at his pro day, which is fast for a tight end. Kelce, by comparison, ran the 40 in 4.61 seconds at his pro day according to NFLDraftScout.com.

His skills translated into production at the collegiate level, though 2014 was O'Shaughnessy's only real standout season. That year, he amassed 544 yards and nine touchdowns on just 29 receptions. For his career at Illinois State, though, he averaged 17.5 yards per reception.
Bleacher Report Lead NFL Draft Analyst Matt Miller wrote the following of O'Shaughnessy in his predraft analysis:

O’Shaughnessy has plus-speed for his size (6’4”, 245 lbs) and works well off the line of scrimmage. More impressive is his agility, which helps him avoid pressure at the line and fight through traffic at the next level. He’s a clean catcher with soft hands, great concentration and a feel for timing when the ball is in the air. He can be a downfield threat and will be a jump-ball weapon in the end zone.

The downside with O'Shaughnessy is that he is a bit raw as a blocker and as a route-runner. However, he is incredibly fast off the line, and he has outstanding hands and ball skills.

This is why the Chiefs wanted him.

“What jumps out is he’s got some speed and big-play ability,” Chiefs scout Terry Delp said of O'Shaughnessy, per Tod Palmer of The Kansas City Star. “He averaged 18 yards per catch, which is really unusual for a tight end. Really good hands, very competitive, very tough kid. He’s got run-after-the-catch instincts too.”

For the Chiefs, those skills should translate into more production in the passing game. Though O'Shaughnessy still needs to work on his blocking, expect him to be brought in often in two-tight end sets along with Kelce to serve in a pass-catching capacity.

IE
Hall of Famer

I stand corrected on that!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

For what it’s worth, you can find the current projected depth charts from ourlads:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/

While not always 100% accurate, it’s a useful tool to help keep track of everyone on the outside looking In
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bearfacts
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:16 am For what it’s worth, you can find the current projected depth charts from ourlads:

While not always 100% accurate, it’s a useful tool to help keep track of everyone on the outside looking In
Love that photo and sig line. Doug Atkins was one of my favorite Bears when I was just a kid and my grandfather was coaching me how to be a Bears fan. He reminded me of a 6'8" 275lb guy who could tear arms off QBs like kids I knew tore the legs off spiders.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bearfacts wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:43 pm
Atkins&Rebel wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:16 am For what it’s worth, you can find the current projected depth charts from ourlads:

Love that photo and sig line. Doug Atkins was one of my favorite Bears when I was just a kid and my grandfather was coaching me how to be a Bears fan. He reminded me of a 6'8" 275lb guy who could tear arms off QBs like kids I knew tore the legs off spiders.
Those are only a few of the Atkins legends I've seen. When he died, all the guys at the HOF dinner were telling Doug Atkins stories. There was a story where he was skinning a deer in the dorm room (either in college or at camp...can't remember).
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bearfacts
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm
Bearfacts wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:43 pm

Those are only a few of the Atkins legends I've seen. When he died, all the guys at the HOF dinner were telling Doug Atkins stories. There was a story where he was skinning a deer in the dorm room (either in college or at camp...can't remember).
Got an old friend from a different forum who lives in Tennessee whose family knew Doug pretty well. They told him that off the football field he was a pretty mellow guy but he did like his beverages. LOL

Some of the stories about his salary negotiations with ol' man Halas are legendary too.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

A few minor changes over the past 2 months, as camp gets ready to open

OL[9]: Borom(23/3), Whitehair(30/3), Patrick(29/2), Mustipher(26/ERFA*), Jenkins(24/3)
Jones<R5-23>, Thomas<R6-24>, Kramer<R6-24>, Carter <R7-23>, Davenport(27/1)
Coleman(30/1), Wright(26/1**), Eiselen(26/PS**), Delance, Simmons(26/ERFA**)
Dozier(IR-31/1)

I see a cut replacing Mustipher. But if not, Kramer becomes less necessary.

QB[2]: Fields(23/3+1), Siemian(30/1)
Peterman(28/1)

HB[4]: Montgomery(25/1), Herbert(24/3), Evans(24/2**), Ebner<R6-23>
Tuggle

FB[1]: Blasingame(26/1)

WR[6]: Mooney(25/2), Jones<25-R3>, Pringle(29/1)
St Brown(26/1) Sharpe(28/1), Harry(25/1)

Pettis(27/1), Moore(27/1), Coulter(24/PS**),Webster(26-PS*), Newsome(23/3**)
Shaa, Finke

Anything can happen after the top 3. I've got Harry squeezing in by virtue of blocking, much needed size, and a little guaranteed money.

TE[3]: Kmet(23/2), Griffin(32/1), O’Shaughnessy(30/1)
John, Tonges, Allen

DL[9]: Muhammad(27/1), Blackson(30/1), Jones(26/2), Quinn(32/3)
Gipson(25/2*), Tonga(26/3*), Edwards(28/2), Robinson<R5-24>

Snowden(24/PS**), Pennel(31/1), Kamara(24/1e**), Taylor
Alufohai(26/PS**), London(25/PS**), Dew-Treadway

The bonus guy is tough to pick. But, at 31, Pennel seems like an odd addition, just for camp competition.

LB[5]: Thomas(31/1), Morrow(27/1), Smith(25/1)
Johnson(24/2r*), Adams(27/1), Dawkins(25/1*)
Sanborn(21/UDFA), Albright, Avery

Wide open after top 2

CB[6]: Johnson(23/2), Gordon<22-R2>, Graham(23/3), Young(28/1), Vildor(24/2)
Shelley(26/1), Joseph(27/?**), Stroman(26/?*), Jackson(24/?*), Keyes(25/?**), Stanley, Jones, Green

Hurting on size, but still no idea who the 6th might be. Maybe the extra guy goes to LB, DE, OL instead.

S[5]: Brisker<23-R2>, Jackson(28/3)
Cruikshank(27/1), H-C(29/1)
Hicks<R7-22>

Alexander, Thomas

K: Santos(31/2)
P: Gill<R7-2?>
LS: Scales(34/1)

PR: Jones, Newsome, Ebner, Moore, Webster, Pringle
KR: Herbert, Jones, Ebner, Pringle, Webster, Evans

IE
Hall of Famer

If they have Juice Herbert on KR and not Pringle Jones or Ebener, I'll sort of be angry. It should be Jones. Not putting him out there would be like having Hester and Knox, but having a strong safety returning kicks. Oh wait....

I'm thinking they might keep 7 WRs. It just seems like they won't cut Pettis, Sharpe or Harry. And isn't ESB pretty much a lock behind the top 3? And then since Ebner wouldn't clear waivers (my guess) and with a FB on board, that means 5 RBs.

Again I think where they accommodate for that is carrying one fewer LB under the rationale that they'll be in nickel 85% of the time (per Flus). And then keeping only 9 DL with only one of Snowden/Pennel making it. And then at TE keeping only 3 and trying to retain one or two of the young guys on the PS.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:52 am If they have Juice Herbert on KR and not Pringle Jones or Ebener, I'll sort of be angry. It should be Jones. Not putting him out there would be like having Hester and Knox, but having a strong safety returning kicks. Oh wait....
I wouldn't automatically mind - unless Herbert is starting and returning kicks or not given a shot at the HB job purely because of KR duties.
In college Jones averaged 24 and 25 yds with 2 different teams. Herbert avg 27 in his only season returning.
I would imagine they split the job in preseason.
IE wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:52 am
I'm thinking they might keep 7 WRs. It just seems like they won't cut Pettis, Sharpe or Harry. And isn't ESB pretty much a lock behind the top 3?
Except for Harry, all the middle of the pack guys are making minimum with no guarantees. So I think they can go however they want and part with whomever. I don't know if ESB is on that solid of footing. He logged 200 yds, healthy, over the last 2 yrs. Similar situation with the others. No one has been very productive or makes a "you need me" kind of case.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://beargoggleson.com/2022/07/18/ch ... g-camp-wr/

I don't agree with some of the conclusions they make here (like is 40% of your snaps from the slot a big difference vs 25%?), but some interesting perspectives on the big crowd trying to distinguish themselves at WR.

The most convincing parts to me was ESB's ST work will probably get him on the roster, and - if he survives his misbehavior - could save Moore, too (although my guess is still not quite).

(Although, at the same time, it's probably also fairly academic and only interesting to obsessives. I'd be shocked if more than one of WRs4-10 are on the 53 in 2024.)

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I still think ESB sucks at receiver so I have them like this for offensive snaps

1. Mooney
2. Pringle
3. Dante Pettis
4. Jones
5. N’Keal Harry
6. Equanimeous St. Brown.

I think Jones and Harry are both situational players and Pettis is the 3rd best talent. I'd be happy for Jones to beat out Pettis (or whoever) for #3 but I didn't hear enough about him flashing at OTAs to think he'll beat out a decent veteran in camp.

There are so many question marks on special teams the only thing I feel comfortable saying is that ESB will be one of the gunners. There are several returner options and I'm not sure who is the other gunner.
xyt in the discord chats
docc
Head Coach

Wasn't Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown good in "To kill a Mockingbird"..?

Oh wait..that was is cousin Atticus Finch..

Too bad we didn't sign his brother Amon-Ra Julian Heru J. St. Brown

We'd have the Egyptian Pharaohs names locked up..
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Projections for the final roster from Patrick Finley of the Sun Times: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022 ... s-position
wab
Mod

Here's my projection after one week of camp:

OFFENSE:

QB - 2
Justin Fields
Trevor Siemian

RB - 5
Khari Blasingame
David Montgomery
Trestan Ebner
Darrynton Evans
Khalil Herbert

WR - 6
Darnell Mooney
Velus Jones Jr.
Byron Pringle
N'Keal Harry
Dazz Newsome
Equanimeous St. Brown

TE - 3
Cole Kmet
Ryan Griffin
James O'Shaughnessy

OL - 9
Lucas Patrick
Cody Whitehair
Michael Schofield
Zachary Thomas
Ja'Tyre Carter
Riley Reiff
Braxton Jones
Larry Borom
Doug Kramer

DEFENSE

CB - 6
Jaylon Johnson
Kyler Gordon
Thomas Graham Jr.
Tavon Young
Kindle Vildor
Lamar Jackson

S - 4
Eddie Jackson
Jaquan Brisker
Elijah Hicks
DeAndre Houston-Carson

DE - 5
Trevis Gipson
Al-Quadin Muhammad
Robert Quinn
Dominique Robinson
Carson Taylor

DT - 4
Angelo Blackson
Justin Jones
Khyiris Tonga
Mario Edwards Jr.

LB - 6
Roquan Smith
Matt Adams
Noah Dawkins
Nicholas Morrow
Jack Sanborn
Joe Thomas

ST - 3
Cairo Santos
Patrick Scales
Trenton Gill
Middleguard
MVP

I see 54 players with 6 interior OL and only 3 OT?
wab
Mod

Middleguard wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 am I see 54 players with 6 interior OL and only 3 OT?
I fixed it. There are only 53 players, but I originally put 5 by DT and there are only 4 listed.

As far as OT goes...two starters and a swing tackle. But keep in mind Schofield has played a lot of OT on both the left and the right. Thomas could conceivably fill in at RT in a pinch.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Cutting Jenkins would be a fireable offense for me.
wab
Mod

dplank wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:31 am Cutting Jenkins would be a fireable offense for me.
If he's not going to be available, does it matter if he's on the roster or not?
IE
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:31 am Cutting Jenkins would be a fireable offense for me.
It would be a huge disappointment. I believe they DO want to keep all four of the OL draft picks for sure. But I don't think it should be at the expense of Jenkins, who did have surgery and may be a bit slow on the uptake with the new regime but is too much of a prospect to give up on. Given who he is I think he needs to get another year.

I believe they will keep 10 OL because of that, and drop that 6th LB because from a BPA perspective keeping the 6th LB in a D that will be in nickel 85% of the time (per Flus). What about ST? The WRs are stocked with good ST guys. What if a few LBs get dinged? Well, Brisker is about the same size as Morrow (who is saftey sized), and worst case scenario you employ one of those safties at LB for a while. To me that is a far better situation than dumping Jenkins OR exposing those nice OL picks to waivers.

I think they'll keep only 5 LB
wab
Mod

IE wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:50 pm
It would be a huge disappointment. I believe they DO want to keep all four of the OL draft picks for sure. But I don't think it should be at the expense of Jenkins, who did have surgery and may be a bit slow on the uptake with the new regime but is too much of a prospect to give up on. Given who he is I think he needs to get another year.

I believe they will keep 10 OL because of that, and drop that 6th LB because from a BPA perspective keeping the 6th LB in a D that will be in nickel 85% of the time (per Flus). What about ST? The WRs are stocked with good ST guys. What if a few LBs get dinged? Well, Brisker is about the same size as Morrow (who is saftey sized), and worst case scenario you employ one of those safties at LB for a while. To me that is a far better situation than dumping Jenkins OR exposing those nice OL picks to waivers.

I think they'll keep only 5 LB
I suppose it's entirely possible that Jenkins starts the year on IR again to save the roster spot. If he doesn't participate in camp, and this lingers into the pre-season, I can't see him on the active roster.